Status: Complete

You Are My Favorite Joke

Chapter 9

[b[Ashley’s P.O.V

I was sitting on the bathroom’s floor, my vision was blurry and I could hear Harley’s voice but I couldn’t understand. I was in a state I wished I never was. It must be for the crazy blood loss almost for sure. What is making Jim and my father take so long? I might die in here, that’s almost certain.

“Cutie pie.” Harley said shaking my shoulders so I looked at her.

“You need to rest, you lost too much blood. Red please take her to the bed.” I heard Harley say while my eyes started to close.

I woke up in The Joker’s bed with a lot of pain in my stomach.

“You better don’t move. It will hurt has hell.” a familiar voice said.

“I’m already in hell what in the world can cause me more pain than this?” I said tears starting to go down my cheeks. I had been holding them for too long. I had been acting for too long, I couldn’t hide my fear and tears anymore at least for now.

“Always the same.” The Joker said laughing.

“Did you give me something so I can barely move?” I asked trying to find him in the darkness.

“No. That’s the reaction of your body.” The Joker said lying next to me on the bed.

I felt a huge sleepiness take over me and I could barely keep my eyes open but The Joker was next to me and I could barely move, it was a risky move to sleep next to him.

“You can sleep I’ll still be here when you wake up. I’m a man of my word.” The Joker said moving closer to me, kissing my left cheek and covering my body with his bed covers. I fell asleep again.

The Joker’s P.O.V

I had done it this time. I lied to her, before she woke up I injected some morphine so she didn’t feel so much pain. She was sleeping and I was observing her, breathing heavily. Her right cheek still had my red lipstick mark and her body was now full of bruises. Her stomach was very sensitive and groaning, she must be hungry.

I understand her perfectly. She’s simple but sometimes her attitudes don’t seem like her. Sometimes she talks, sometimes she’s quiet. She observes everything looking for a way out of my control. That’s what she wants: freedom.

She’s mine now and there’s nothing she can do about it, the scar proves it. I caressed carefully her ‘J’ scar on her right wrist, smiling. She doesn't know what was to come.

Ashley’s P.O.V

I woke up again and the first thing I saw was The Joker's head resting in my chest. He was snoring lightly and he wasn’t hurting though he was sleeping on me, but he knew where he had hurt me, he wasn’t stupid.

I tried to move without waking him up.

“See I’m still here.” The Joker smiling proudly. I looked at him while trying to sit on the bed.

“Great.” I said making The Joker smirk.

“Are you always this bad tempered? When you were with Mr. big dollar Wayne you seemed different.” The Joker said still lying on his bed looking at me while I raised an eyebrow.

“What do you mean?” I asked him. How did he know?

“Well I found some things about you when I left this morning.” The Joker said licking his lips.

“Your name is Ashley and you are 26 years old. So young.” The Joker said touching my leg with his hand.

“But I can’t get it. Why the rich boy?” The Joker asked.

“He’s a friend. Do you know what that is?” I asked him smirking. It was time to start answering this creep.

“Now we’re talking. So you like him?” The Joker asked.

I looked at the wall. Should I tell him the truth?

“Well?” The Joker asked looking straight at me.

“I… I like him.” I said, The Joker pressed my shoulders against the soft surface positioning him himself on top of me. My eyes widened.

“Tell me angel, who do YOU belong to?” The Joker said looking viciously at me.

“I don’t belong to anyone!” I said.

“YOU’RE MINE ANGEL.” The Joker yelled raising my right wrist and showing me his mark. I deeply hated it because I knew that that thing would be there forever.

I looked at him, I was full of fear and again the damn knife appeared in his hand. He started tracing my legs with his knife but not touching the skin, he was just creeping me out.

“You know… what do you see in him?” The Joker asked me.

“He’s only a friend!” I said.

“You can’t fool me, you should know that. But don’t worry angel I’ll find out, everything single thing about you.” The Joker said kissing my forehead stabbing my left leg in the same spot he had done the cut making me scream.

“DO YOU LOVE HIM?” The Joker yelled at me.

“FUCK YOU! AND YES I DO LOVE HIM” I said not even thinking about what The Joker could do.

He laughed and pushed the knife deeper making me scream louder and start crying. He took the knife out and licked the blood making the cut burn and hurt even more. I was trying to get free but the pain made me scream.

“Scream angel. Come on!” The Joker said punching my stomach making me gasp for air and scream in pain. My leg was bleeding abundantly and I felt weaker by the minute.

The Joker stood up, bowed to me with a smile across his face and slammed the door behind him, then Harley appeared running towards me.

“What did you do?” Harley asked bringing some bandages.

“I told the truth…” I said crying.

It was so miserable for me to be like that. I liked independence, freedom and now this mad clown kidnapped me and told me all the time that I’m his. If there’s somebody that I belong to, it’s not him. Only Bruce can say that but I doubt he loves me back.

“You have to learn to close your mouth cutie pie. Mistah J can lose his temper easily.” Harley said moving showing a great bruise in her back, I glared at her.

“Did he do that to you?” I asked her looking her in the eyes, she looked at me ashamed.

“I love him. He doesn’t want to hurt me he’s just mad…” Harley said in a low tone.

“Harley! Wake up. I don’t want you do end up like me. Look at me all bandaged and bruised.” I said with frustration. I wanted to run so badly. Harley smiled weakly.

“You’re different. You’re still alive and he’s not been hurting you deeply, he isn’t stabbing anything vital for you. He just wants to hurt you.” Harley said.

“Well he knows my name so I think it’s fair that I introduce. I’m Ashley.” I said. Harley smiled warmly while wrapping the bandages tightly on my leg to make the bleeding stop.

“Hey it’s ok. It has stopped bleeding.” I said.

“Blue eyes! We have a place we need to go so Harley if you don’t mind help my little angel get ready.” The Joker said appearing on his bedroom’s doorway. I looked away from him and he laughed.

“Eat this, your stomach is been groaning like crazy and I don’t want people to thing that I’m a bad kidnapper.” The Joker said throwing me a piece of bread with some cheese. I caught it with my hands and he smiled watching me eating.

Lucius’s Fox P.O.V

“Lucius...” Jim started when I sat on his office chair. He turned on the TV and the news was on as always.

‘The newest criminal is Gotham city seems to be taking advantage of a hostage. The Police refuses to talk about the girl missing. Some sources say that the girl has some kind of relation with the Batman sense he saved her once from the mob. Nothing is public about her but the D.A Harvey Dent has been announcing her in his every speech though nobody knows if she’s alive or dead.’ The blonde female reporter said.

I closed my eyes and rubbed my forehead. This was getting media attention and it wouldn’t take long for them to know that she was my daughter. The Joker knows by now that The Batman saved her once and that might put her in a nasty position.

“May I Commissioner Gordon?” a female voice said knocking on Jim’s office door. She had her black hair in a bun, she was wearing a white sweater, a pair of dark blue jeans and a black jacket. She had a large amount of folders in her arms.

“Yes, Dr. Rain come in.” Jim said opening the door and helping her with the folders.

“Lucius this is Dr. Rain, she’s a psychiatrist from the Asylum. She knows The Joker’s folder and she’s here to talk to you.” Jim said trying to calm me down.

“Hello Mr. Fox. Well for starters we all know that The Joker is a ‘killing machine’. He has no pity and no compassion for anyone but taking Ashley is a move I never saw him do.” Dr. Rain said.

“What does that mean exactly?” I asked her.

“The fact that he sent tapes proves that for him she has some kind of utility. My guess it that he thinks that she will lead him to Batman and meanwhile he can destroy her inside. That’s what he does, he messes with people’s minds, like a fun game.” she said looking at the ground.

My mind was racing, I had to get her out of there. He was a dead man if he did anything to her.

I stood from the chair and thanked them, leaving to my laboratory. It was time to make better prototypes for Mr. Wayne.