What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Twenty-eight

''Hello?'' I answered, dreading what my dad was about to say.

''Kate! Honey how was your flight?'' my dad asked and I let out a sigh of relief. He obviously hadn't seen the magazine yet.

''It was good.'' I told him.

''And you met Jessica at the airport?'' he asked.

''Yep, she's right here.''

''Good, I thought you'd like that little surprise. Now hurry up and come home, dinner's at six!'' he said happily.

''Thanks daddy.'' I replied sweetly

''Love you honey, see you soon.''

''Love you too dad.'' I said and then we both hung up.

''Does he know? Did he freak?'' Jessica asked frantically.

''I don't think he does, and even if he's seen it, he didn't freak.'' I said as we continued to walk towards the baggage claim.

I swiped the magazine back from Jessica and turned back to the page with the pictures.

''He's quite the stud though, nice catch Kate.'' Jessica said playfully and I looked at her blankly.

''Sorry.'' She laughed. ''But really, how did you not know who he was? Surely the fact that he's part of a famous rock band that just so happens to be under your dad's label came up in conversation.''

''It didn't actually, I didn't let him tell me who he was, and I didn't tell him who I was. And besides, I've never paid any attention to who's on my dad's record label, I don't even like that kind of music.''

''So what you've never watched any entertainment shows? Do you live under a rock?'' she asked.

''I could care less what famous people do, and yes I do live under a rock, it's made of classical music.'' I replied and she rolled her eyes.

''Do you think my dad's going to be mad?'' I asked nervously. According to my dad, I was the untouchable virgin princess.

''It depends I guess. I would assume that he might be a little peeved if the boy just used you for a good lay on his vacation, but he's from Germany, you could tell your dad that you had something special and have every intention of dating him after and maybe he wont be so hard on him.'' Jessica said.

''But we didn't have anything, and I was using him for a good lay.'' I said and she laughed.

''Maybe it's better just to lie through your teeth and get him dropped from the label for using the owners baby girl as his own personal sex machine.'' She said and I looked at her blankly again.

''You're not funny Jessica.'' I said. She laughed.

''I think I'm quite hilarious.''

It was silent for a while as we walked until Jessica spoke.

''Is he good in bed?'' she asked and a smirk the size of a half moon spread across my face.

''You have no idea.'' I said and she smirked too.

As we went to the carousel where my bags were going to be, Jessica started in on her line of questioning about Tom and my vacation. She started with a few diluted questions about the restaurants and the weather, but then she started in on the questions I knew she was dying to ask.

''How many times?''

''Fourteen hundred.''

''Seriously!''

''Jessica, I was only there for a week!'' I laughed.

''So more like twice right?'' she asked.

''More like six or seven.'' I said and her eyes went a little wide.

''Someone had fun.'' She said and I smirked.

When we were in the car on the way to my dad's house where we would spend the night before being put up in our own apartment, Jessica still hadn't run out of questions.

''So what, you spend two weeks with this guy, have great sex and then you just leave and never see each other again?''

''That was the plan, it was going to be so easy. Both of us were just looking for something to do-''

''Someone to do.'' She interjected.

''Shut up Jessica.'' I laughed. ''But this complicates everything, and on top of it all he lives here. So much for a vacation fling.''

''Maybe now it can be more than just a fling.'' She suggested.

''He's not the type.'' I told her. Tom had told me that himself. Since he had become who he was, he hadn't had a steady girlfriend for a long time.

''And your dad might have him killed.'' Jessica reminded me sweetly.

''Thanks for that.''

''It's what I'm here for.''
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we go, falling back into routine with another post.

Thanks for reading!