What Happens Under The Sun

Chapter Nine

My fingers tapped along with the piano in the song currently ringing through my headphones.

I was on my way to the gym. I had practically forgotten it was there until late this afternoon when I had grown weary of lounging on the beach. I was here for relaxation, but that didn't mean I had to be a vegetable the whole time.

I passed through the lobby on my way to the gym and the concierge smiled and nodded his head at me. I went down the hallway towards the gym. It split at the end; down one hall was the gym and the other a spa. I made a mental note to check out the spa before I left.

I grabbed a complimentary towel on my way into the gym and then scanned the room for a treadmill. They gym was quite big considering the size of the resort and had every piece of work out equipment imaginable.

It was almost empty save for two guys spotting each other on the bench press and none other than Tom on one of the exercise bikes. I walked towards the treadmill and realized that the bikes were directly opposite the treadmills and I would be looking at Tom's face throughout my run.

He had headphones in as well and looked oh-so concentrated on what he was doing. I flung my towel over the front of the treadmill and turned it on. Then Tom noticed I was there and he smirked as I climbed onto the machine. I rolled my eyes exaggeratedly as I started to run.

Even though I wasn't looking at him, I could feel his eyes on me. I looked instead, out the see through wall that acted as a window. I picked a much faster song and let it play as I run. Something about listening to fast music made it easier to run, slow songs were too mellow for a workout.

Without noticing it, my mind wandered back to last night. I remembered everything perfectly, the way his hands moved slowly over my back, the way his lips felt so soft yet so firm against mine, the way his hand had inched innocently up my thigh.

An involuntary shiver rippled through me. It was nowhere near cold in the gym.

My eyes flickered back to Tom's workout bike and he smiled at me.

My mind fell back to my previous train of thought. God how I'd wanted him right there, but I had some sense of decency. Then again, if we hadn't been interrupted, we just might have gone at it right there on the lounger.

Which brought me to Veronica. She had believed so strongly that Tom was into her; it made me laugh a little. It must have been so crushing to her ego when I had kissed him.

When I had kissed him. The feeling of his wet body against mine, the way he held me firmly against that sculpted torso of his.

Oh god.

*~Tom's Point of View~*

She was right there in front of me. My heart rate had increased drastically when she had walked into the gym in those tight shorts, and it had nothing to do with my workout.

I knew it was rude to stare, but I couldn't help it. The way she seemed to be free of all emotion, all her features completely at peace as she ran, the way her breasts bounced as she moved.

Oh god.

*~Kate's Point of View~*

I looked to Tom; he was still looking at me. His eyes traveled freely over my body and seemed to caress every curve as he looked me over. It sent another shiver through me.

I had been running for quite a while and my breathing was ragged. I decided I'd had enough. I slowed the machine to a stop and dabbed at my forehead with my towel. I hated feeling so sweaty.

It had completely slipped my mind to bring a bottle of water with me. I had seen a little locker room type thing on my way in with a fridge in it. Maybe I could get one there.

As I walked back towards the hall I had come through to get here, I noticed that the guys on the bench press had moved to something more complex farther towards the window.

I rounded the corner into the hallway and was completely immersed in my music until I was grabbed and pushed against the wall.

Tom was looking down at me, a wicked smile across his lips as he pinned me against the wall with his body. My heart started to pound in my chest and breathing suddenly became as hard as it had been while I was running.

''No more teasing.'' He whispered low in my ear.

He then crashed his lips against mine in a heated kiss. His hands were on my hips and he kept me pressed firmly against the wall as we kissed. The feeling was amazingly intense and I brought both of my hands up to the back of his neck. He pried my lips apart with his tongue and gently massaged mine.

His hands started to feel their way under my shirt when I remembered where we were. We had to move, we couldn't go at it in the middle of the hall. I moved my hands from the back of his neck to his shoulders and pushed him back.

''Not here.'' I said breathlessly. It took him a second to realize that I wasn't saying 'no' just 'we need to move'.

''What room are you in?'' I asked.

''Four-eighty-three.'' He told me.

''I'll meet you there.'' I said and he started to walk.

I stayed about ten feet behind him as we walked. It wasn't that we weren't allowed to be together, but he was obviously a somebody, and I was a somebody, and if we were seen together, we'd end up as 'Kom' or 'Tate' by the end of the vacation.

We passed through the lobby, keeping our distance and no one was any the wiser. He got to his room a bit before me and was just inside the door when I got there.

I stepped inside and smashed my lips against his. I pushed the door closed and heard it latch.

His hands were everywhere as I backed him towards the bed, my back, my hips, my ass, my neck, everywhere. They found their way back up my shirt and this time, I let him pull it off.

I reached to the bottom of his shirt and quickly relieved him of it. He started to kiss along my jaw line and down my neck. As he made his way down towards my chest, I looked around his room, I was rather curious to see what he had in there.

His hands slid down my hips and under the waistline of my bottoms. There went my shorts.

I saw a black guitar sitting on the couch.

I pulled his lips back to mine and kissed him deeply. I reached down to the drawstring on his shorts and pulled. They fell around his ankles and he stepped out of them as we continued to back towards the bed.

''You play guitar?'' I asked breathlessly as he kissed down my neck and the back of his legs hit the bed.

''Mmhm.'' He murmured.

''I'm in a b- oof.'' He started to speak but I pushed him back on the bed.

''I don't care.'' I said as I climbed on top of him, straddling his hips and then replacing my lips against his.

I grabbed the sides of my grey sports bra and pulled it quickly over my head. Tom's eyes lit up as he gazed up at my now exposed chest. He grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me back down to him, our bare chests pressing together as our lips did.

He put both hands on my back. Suddenly I was underneath him, his body pressing down against mine.

''Better.'' He whispered in my hear. He then kissed my neck, just below my ear and continued to place a trail of kisses down my neck, across my collarbone, between my breasts and down my stomach. He made the circuit again, this time back up towards my lips.

He kissed me hungrily as I brushed my fingers lightly down his torso, and along the hemline of his boxers. His hips suddenly grinded into mine and a tiny moan escaped me. He grinned into the kiss.

Tom ran one hand down my side, over my hip, and down to the inner part of my thigh where he traced abstract patterns lightly on my skin, sending a hundred different feelings through me. I wrapped one leg around his waist and in one fluid movement, flipped him so that I was on top.

He looked up at me, clearly surprised, and I smirked at him. I kissed down his neck, past his chest, over the perfect planes of his stomach, and then along the hemline of his boxers.

''Fuck.'' He muttered and I smirked proudly.

When our lips reconnected, he ever so smoothly put my back on the bottom, but I didn't mind, I was more preoccupied by the hand now teasing along the hemline of my underwear. He tugged gently and I quickly relieved myself of them.

The only article of clothing separating us now was his boxers, but I had a feeling they weren’t going to last long. I pulled desperately at the elastic waistband as he began once again to trace his fingers lightly around my upper-inner thigh and they were gone just as fast as mine.

''You better be ready for this.'' I muttered against his lips and his hand flew to the nightstand and began to fumble around.

''You think I'm new?'' he asked when his hand returned from the nightstand.

He dropped the wrapper beside the bed and looked back at me.

''You ready?'' he asked.

''Will you just shut up an fuc- OH!''
♠ ♠ ♠
My oh my! What have I started here? Just so you know, the rating of this story is going up to accompany some of the upcoming content, you have been vaguely warned.

On an unrelated note, this chapter is dedicated to Jessica without whom, this chapter would be nothing but a blinking cursor on an empty page.

And finally, thanks to all my readers, subscribers, and/or comment-ers, I appreciate it!