Why Would He Believe in Me?

Count Your Blessings.

“So, it’s Nic? Is it short for something? Nicole? Nicola?” Oliver turns to ask me.

I shake my head.

“Nikkita? Tell me!?”

“Im not saying?”

“Can I guess?”

“You can. But you won’t get it”

He pouts at me, all puppy dog eye and his bottom lip sticking out.

“Pheonixx” I mumble blushing.

“Pheonixx?” He thinks about it. Foot tapping, stroking his chin. “Hmmm, I like it!”

“Really? I don’t. It’s a boys name!”

“No it’s not! Well, a bit. But it’s like, I know boys called Angel and Valentine. If I knew a girl called that, I’d say it were a boys name, but being boys it sounds right girly!”

I scowl. “Thanks”

“Okay, that probably wasn’t the best thing to say…Anyway, you’re Tom’s mate. I didn’t recognize you at first. Well, I was drunk, then hung-over. But im not now, and I recognize you.”

He was looking at me too closely and I was getting extremely paranoid. I’d had a pretty rough few days and probably was looking far from my best.

“Erm, so what’s he up to?”

“Oh Tom? He’s a sexy sexy model. For my company. And a photographer. He tours with us. It’s a right laugh! He’s doing well though.”

I smile and nod. We finally get to the front of the cue and Oli draws out a large wad of cash. We head down the road in silence. He walks a few paces in front of me. That is until he double takes and I stride straight into the back of him.
I turn to see what he’s looking at and see Matt, sitting in a window, with a full English breakfast! Aw, I love him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks 'MattNichollsx!' for Tom Sykes info :P Any good?