So Everybody Loves You

Merry Christmas Baby

Christmas Night
Adeline's POV

I sat curled up on the sofa in my living room with a cup of steaming hot chocolate in front of the fire place, listening to the soft tunes of Christmas music. It was another beautiful and wonderful time of year, but for me, it was also another dreaded time of year. I couldn't stop thinking of him or keep the thoughts of him pushed from my mind as I listened to the song "I'll Be Home For Christmas" filling my ears and the glow from the embers in the fire place danced across my face. I took another sip from my cup, then, wiping away the traces with my thumb and setting it down on the on the coaster placed on the coffee table next to me. I pulled the blanket off the back of the couch and covered up with it, curling up further into the couch and resting my head on the cushion propped up against the arm of it settling in to try and relax. Thoughts of him continued to run through my head, and what it was like that year, before he left, and a single tear rolled down my cheek as I closed my eyes to try and get some sleep that night. The last thing I remember was the falling of a few more tears as I closed my eyes tightly to try and rid them, and the song that sang, "I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams."

Billie Joe's POV

"Billie! Billie Joe wake up! Come on we're here." I heard Tre's voice in my ear as I opened my eyes and came to take notice that Mike had just pulled up in the drive. I sat, staring out the window at the big two story house. There was but a single glow coming from one room in the house, the area I'd always remembered as the living room or the family room. I couldn't hesitate any longer. I pushed open the door to the car and stepped out into the soft, cold, white fluff. I trudged silently up to the house with Mike, Tre, Rosa, and Brittney all right behind me. As soon as I came face to face with the door, I didn't dare knock, for I knew the house hold and everything it contained would be sleeping. I bent down to the welcome mat and carefully slipped the spare hey from in between the fabrics of it. "Oh that is sooo original!" Tre said. "Exactly, no one's going to suspect original. She's a smart girl." "Yeah no one except you." "I knew about it moron." "Oh. Right." "Idiot." I mumbled to myself as I quietly unlocked the door and pushed it open. I stepped into the walkway, hall way, whatever you wanted to call it, I stepped in there and waved for the others to follow me in. I quietly shut the door after everyone had filed into the area. I slowly made my way to what I'd always known as the living room, and to my surprise, everything was exactly the same. Not a thing out of place. You'd think after the years she would've made some changes, but no, everything was the same. All of my posters were still on the walls, my stereo was still set up, I couldn't believe it. She hadn't changed any of the decor or anything. I was truly shocked. I scanned the room once more and was about to move on to the next, but froze when my eyes fell upon something I didn't expect to see.

Tre and Mike must have noticed my recognition because they each walked up to me and put a hand on either shoulder. "Perfect timing man." Tre said. "You're never gonna know until you try." Mike said, then. I sighed. "You're right." I moved away from the both of them and the girls took my place at their sides. I slowly and quietly walked over to where the sleeping form was lying on the couch. I knelt down in front of her, just admiring her at first, taking her in. She had changed some. Not drastically, but a little. Her features and things. She had stress lines now, where she didn't before. Just little things. "Oh my goodness." I whispered so lightly I could barely hear myself. I lifted my hand and lightly touched her shoulder. Almost as if i was scared this wasn't real, she might vanish at my touch. But she didn't. And it was real. I then lifted my fingers to her face and gently caressed her cheek when I noticed the unmistakable trace of tears. She'd been crying, there was no doubt about that, and as I studied her face more closely and the light from the glowing fire place lit up the room, there was also no mistaking her damp and matted eyelashes. I automatically felt a huge rush of pain, hurt, anger, sadness, everything all at once hit me right in the gut. No, not anger because of her, anger because of myself. Because I know she was crying because of me, and I remembered the first time I'd made her cry and how I'd broken her so badly and that hurt even more. "I'm so sorry." I whispered, gently pressing my lips to her forehead. "I'm so very sorry." I kissed her traces of tears away, then tenderly wiping them away with my thumb.

It wasn't until my eyes met the sparkling, dark, velvety, brown ones staring up at me that I realized she was finally awake. "Adeline." I whispered to her. "Billie?" She asked, sounding confused and almost scared at the same time. "Yeah. It-it's me. It's Billie. I'm here. I'm back Adeline, and I'm here with you." "Is-is it r-really you? A-am I dreaming?" "No, no sweetie you're not dreaming. It's really me, it is. And I'm so sorry I left you. I am. But I'm here now. I can change the past and I can't change what I've done, but I can change the future and fix what I've done." And in an instant she threw her arms around me and she was hugging me so very tightly, clinging to me much like a small child would if they had had a near death situation. But I didn't mind at all. I hugged her back just as tightly and and let her know how much I missed her. "Adeline, I know how I left you, it may have seemed like I didn't care anymore, like I'd moved on and stopped loving you but I didn't. Not for a second. Not ever." "Me neither Billie." By this time she had me crying. What was it about this woman that she could just make me cry so easily? I don't know, but right now, I really didn't care either. All I wanted to do was hold her. I loved her, and I wanted to let her know that. "I missed you so much Billie! You don't understand, I cried every special holiday that came along, I cried. An-and, I-I-I just, I missed you so much, and I always dreamed of you coming back and taking me in your arms and rescuing me from my horrible raging mind of wishing you were here...And it's just-and now...Now...And you're...It's just...Wow..." I smiled at her. She obviously couldn't even find the words to describe how happy she was. Now that I knew I'd truly made her happy, I was truly happy myself. "I love you Adeline." "I love you too Billie Joe." "Merry Christmas Baby." "Merry Christmas my love." I gave her a soft kiss and pulled her close to me.

"Um, are we completely forgotten about over here?" Tre's voice came from the other side of the room. "Mike! Tre!" She exclaimed, jumping up and running over to them pulling them into huge, bone crushing hugs. "Hey! How ya been?" Tre asked. "Oh, been fairly good besides missing you three. What about you guys? Mike! You're married now aren't you?!" "Yup! Sure am! This is my girl." He pulled Brittney to his side. "Ah I see." "And this is my fiance." Tre said, pulling Rosa close to his side. "Tre! You're engaged you little rat?! When's the wedding date?" "One week prior to Valentine's Day." He beamed. "Seriously? Oh I am so there!" "Well of course you are!" "So, um...What are they're names?" She asked, referring to they're ladies. "Oh! Of course, how rude of us!" Mike said. "This is my gorgeous wife, Brittney. And that is Tre's-" "This is my gorgeous fiance, Rosa!" Tre interrupted. I laughed and shook my head at Tre, she giggled also. "It's nice to meet you guys. I'm sure you make these two boys very happy." She smiled sweetly at them. "Well it's nice to finally meet the girl Billie's always talking about too." Rosa smiled. "Yes it is." Brittney agreed. They smiled at her. I'm glad they like each other, I was a little worried about how they might get along seeing as how they got sick of me always talking about her all the time. I smirked to myself at that thought. Out of nowhere, Tre reached over and poked Adeline for no reason. She squealed. "Tre! You imbecile! What was that for?!" "Just cause." He grinned mischievously. She poked him back twice as hard. "Owwweee!" He wailed. "Take that!" "No fair!" "It is too, you poked me!" "Not that hard!" "Might as well have!" "But I didn't! There's the difference." "Same difference!" "Not!" "Is!" "Not!" "Is!" "Not!" "Is!" "Not!" "Is!" "Not!" She poked him in the stomach real hard again shouting "Is!" afterward and running and hiding behind me.

"Billie save me!" Tre started towards her. "Tre, don't you dare touch her again or I'll make sure you don't live to see your wedding day." I threatened. He backed away and she peaked out from around my shoulder sticking her tongue out at Tre. He mocked it in an over exaggerated way and she shrieked back behind me again. That was way too cute. I turned around and took her face into my hands kissing the tip of her nose lightly then kissing her lips again. "What's all the ruckus?" I looked up from Adeline to see her parents coming down the stairs with Maria and Jacoby at their heels. "Adeline sweetheart what's all the-" But she stopped, mid sentence, at the site she saw before her very eyes. "Well." She smiled. "Isn't this a wonderful surprise." I glanced at the faces of the two small children. They looked shocked, bewildered, surprised, excited maybe? Hopefully. "Well, it's wonderful to see you boys again. I know Adeline's definitely missed you like crazy." She grinned wide. "It's a pleasure." I grinned back. "And I'm most definitely glad to be home." She smiled warmly at me.

Adeline's POV

I watched as my kids attacked the three men standing in the middle of my living room floor. They attacked them physically and then they attacked them with the I love you's, I missed you's, and a hundred and one questions. I laughed at the site, it was cute, it really was. "Oh wow! Oh my goodness." Billie Joe said, admiring Maria and Jacoby who were now standing before him. "You guys have gotten so big since the last time I've seen you. This is unbelievable. You're in school now aren't you Maria?" "Yep! Kindergarten!" "That's amazing. Do you like school?" "Yes, very much!" "That's a good thing, because school is good for you and those teachers are going to help you learn a lot so you can go to college and get a job, and you'll have a terrific life!" He said, grinning at her. I was happy that Billie, even though he had always hated school and even dropped out three months before he was supposed to graduate, he still encouraged my children to love school. I really admired him for that. That was one of the many, many reasons to love Billie Joe Armstrong. "Jacoby! Look at you! What are you in like second grade now?" "Sure am! It rocks too!" "Yeah you're in the bigger grade, you're really gettin' up there aren't ya buddy?" "Yup!" "Wow." "I can't believe how much I've missed out on." "You know," My mother said, going over to Billie. "Adeline, for as long as you've been gone, has called me in the middle of the night crying her heart out to me. Wanting my advice, needing my help, and the best I could ever do is just try and comfort her. And now, you're finally back here and you can hold and love her again and make her smile and you don't know just how good it feels to see my little girl, even though she may be all grown up, but to see her so very happy.Thank you so much Billie Joe." He gave her a big hug. "No need to thank me Mrs A., I do it because I love her. She deserves so much." He smiled over at me. "So very, very much." He seemed to be trailing off, dazing off in his own state of mind as well. "Well thank you anyway, and please Billie Joe, it's Amy. Call me that." She smiled at him." "Huh? Oh! Okay, Amy it is." He chuckled.

About two hours later we had finally gotten the kids all wound down and back into the bed. Now it was just all of the adults sitting around the fire place in the living room talking about what all Green Day did while they were gone tour for nearly three years. Mom and Dad sat on the love seat next to each other listening intently. Mike and Brittney sat side by side on the bigger couch. Tre sat at the other end of the same couch as Mike and Brittney with Rosa sitting on the floor between his knees as he was massaging her neck and shoulders, which, by the way, she seemed to be enjoying very much. As she looked like she might fall asleep at any minute. Billie Joe and I sat in the big, comfy recliner chair together, with me in his lap. Right now, he was telling about how they had basically gotten themselves banned from all hotels in LA. "Smooth move there, geniuses." I smirked. "Ugh! Tell me about! I was actually there!" Brittney laughed. "Yeah imagine being woken up at 3:00 AM because you're rock star boyfriend, at the time he was just my boyfriend, came in slip slopping drunk with his buddies and caused a humongous scene that included a lot of destruction, might I add." Rosa added with a laugh. "I laughed, sounds like you guys had an interesting time." "Oh indeed." Billie said. "You little punk." I tilted my head backward grinning at him. He kissed my head. "That's me!" I smacked his arm playfully. "I love you Billie Joe." "I love you Adeline."

"Well kids, it was nice seeing you again after all this time and we're glad you're back. It was also great hearing about your touring, but I think we're gonna head off to bed for the night." My mother said standing up, along with my dad. "Yes, and hopefully, we won't have anymore pop up surprises going bump in the night." He laughed. We laughed as well. "Good night!" They called, walking up the stairs. "Good night!" Everyone called back after them. I loved my parents dearly, if it weren't for them, I don't think I could've coped even half as much as I did over missing Billie Joe. I really don't know what I'd do without my parents. But they'd be leaving to go back to Kentucky again soon. In just a few days actually, but at least I'd have my other family back here with me now. So things wouldn't be so lonely anymore. Not that I didn't have my babies before. But, it just got lonely, not having an adult companion if you know what I mean. I sighed and looked around the room at all of my old friends and the few that I'd just made and smiled. I was starting to really love my life again. Now if this had an affect on my social life, I'd definitely be okay with it. I smiled even wider at the thought of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! Awe! OMG! Isn't that so sweet? Adorable? Romantic? Funny? Anything? lol

Well, are some of you're questions answered now? Hopefully they are. At least you know what's up with Billie Joe and Adeline and why she's been acting so weird. Of course, some of you geniuses probably could have guessed along the way. ;)

Well, I myself know that everything looks all peachy keen now, but trust me, more excitement awaits. That's all I'll say!

See ya soon babes!

Comments anyone? It's my motivation!