So Everybody Loves You

Thinking Back On The Things I've Done

Billie Joe's POV
March 18th, 1989
I couldn't take it anymore. I really just couldn't do it. Adeline had been gone for about two months now and it was killing me. Somewhere in me I had the slightest bit of false hope that maybe she would turn around and come back. Mike said he got one last call from her a week after that day. She took Highway 86 outta town. But she didn't say where to. I called her parents, and they said they'd heard about it from her, plus with the tabloids who hadn't? But if they've seen her they ain't saying. I had to think of a plan to get her back. Green Day was going on tour next week. We'd be traveling. That was a good thing. That would give me a chance to search for heard in different places. For all I know, she'd crossed the border line to Europe. But thinking sensibly would she really do that?

Adeline's POV
March 26th, 1989
I was sitting on my counter in the kitchen listening to Jacoby and Maria sing along to the radio and watching them dance around together and I actually caught myself smiling. You'd think it was a crime to smile for every time I smiled, I felt as if I should be locked up for it ever since I'd left Billie Joe. Anyway, my smile soon faded when a new voice replaced the one that had been on the radio and I recognized the voice as Billie Joe's. My heart beat faster with every word he said. Mike. I thought. Only Mike could have told him which Highway I took when I left. "What brings you around? Did you lose something the last time you were here? You'll never find it now. It's buried deep with your identity. So step aside and let the next one pass. Don't let the door kick you in the ---. There's no return from 86. There's no return from 86. There's no return from 86. There's no return from 86. Don't even try. Exit out the back, and never show your head around here again." And so it went on. Was he trying to tell me he was over me?

May 7, 1989
Tonight, we have a concert. We celebrated Mike's birthday just a few days ago. He's gettin' to be an old man now. I actually just smiled for the first time in awhile. I have a plan. Tonight at our concert, I'm gonna get Adeline's attention. I will. I've got it all planned out. And it should work. Tre and Mike are really encouraging me on this. So I've got really high hopes right now.

The Concert
Reader's POV
"Okay, as most of you know, I fell in love with a woman and we were together for a couple of years right?" The crowd cheered in response to the man on the stage. "Well I put a ring on her finger, and then I put a child in her stomach. And then, unfortunately, I messed it up." All was silent, watching him intently. The background screen that lit up with green swirls and circles and things, suddenly changed, and there was a picture of the woman that people, some of them, recognized as Billie Joe's ex fiance, Adeline. "I want all of you to take a good look at that beautiful woman up there on that screen." He said into the microphone. "And I want you to know, I want her to know, in case she ever sees this, that she's the most beautiful woman in the world. And I want you to burn that picture into your brain like I have. And I want you to do it for a reason." And right then he started to sing. "Hey, did you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world? And if you did, was she crying? Crying. Hey, if you happen to see the most beautiful girl that walked out on me...Tell her I'm sorry. Tell her I need my baby. Oh, won't you tell her, that I love her." With that, the man standing on the stage lost his voice and swallowed as tears were finding their way to his eyes. This is what he'd been trying to avoid. Mike and Tre took notice of this and came to stand by his side. Billie put the mic back to his mouth and spoke again. "If you see that girl, the most beautiful girl in the world. Tell her I'm sorry, and I love her." The fans didn't know how to react. Some were shocked, some jealous, others had tears in their eyes, some full blown crying, others thought it was all a hoax and that it had all been planned out. How wrong were they, huh?

Adeline's POV
May 19th, 1989
I was walking down the side walk of the Northern Carolina streets to a small cafe when bumped into a young teenage girl. She looked up at me and immediately, she looked as if she'd had an epiphany. "Miss, I know you don't know me, and this may sound strange, but all I'll say is, he's very sorry, and he does miss you." "Okay, thanks." I replied, turning to walk away from the strange girl. "Oh and Miss." I turned around again. "Yeah?" "He does love you." "Thanks for that info." Jeez, the rehabilitation center needs to learn to keep a tighter hold on their patients around here. I thought to myself. "Oh, hi Melissa."

Billie's POV
December 12th, 1990
It had been nearly a year since that concert, and still no sign of Adeline. Boy, she was hiding good. I thought for sure that night would draw her out of hiding, but then again, I couldn't expect her to just come crawling back. No, I couldn't expect that at all. But I loved her, and I needed to be with her. Why couldn't she see that?

Adeline's POV
December 25th, 1990
It was Christmas. Christmas without Billie Joe. I actually laughed at that thought. After he returned the last time I never thought I'd have to say that again. I guess I was wrong. I missed him terribly, I did. I was flipping through channels the other day and they had an Exclusive on Fuse. I stared watching it and unfortunately for me, it was Green Day. Even more unfortunately, it was something I'd never seen. Something I never expected to see in my wildest dreams. Something I never really wanted to see. Billie was on stage with my picture behind him rambling on about how I was the most beautiful woman in the world. And then he started to sing a song I wasn't quite familiar with. Something about if you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world tell her I'm sorry. Anyway, I immediately had a flashback to that girl I'd bumped into almost a year ago and what she'd said. She had obviously either been to, or seen this concert and decided she was going to help out her idol. Either way. Billie shouldn't have did what he did and I wasn't going to run home now just so things could go bad again. I had four children to take care of now. And speaking of which, the baby's crying and if she wakes Bam up he's gonna have a fit.

Mike's POV
February 17th, 1991
Today was Billie Joe's birthday. Was he celebrating? No. He was sulking. It's been close to two years now since Adeline has left and he still misses her like crazy. I feel so bad for him it's unbelievable. But there is something I've noticed, Adie has been coming around a lot lately. Being there for Billie Joe quite often. And he doesn't seem to be minding the attention. Now maybe I'm getting the wrong impression. But maybe not. Could they possibly have something going on together?

Adie's POV
April 22, 1991
Billie and I have been seeing each other now for about two months. Tre and Mike just recently discovered it and neither one act too happy for us right now. I can understand though. They were very attached to Adeline and I can't blame them, she was a great friend. But I also hope they can look past this and realize that Adeline is a part of Billie's past now, and I'm part of his present, and future.

Tre's POV
April 23, 1991
I just found out a couple of days ago that Billie and Adrienne are dating. Neither me or Mike are very happy about this at all. As a matter of fact, we're very ticked off. And this is very confusing to Billie and ourselves. Yes, I can be serious now and then don't think I can't. Anyway, here's why it's so confusing to all of us. First, Mike and I were so sick of seeing Billie sulking and wallowing around in his own self pity that we actually just wished that he would move on and find somebody new. But now that he has moved on, we're all ticked off about it. I dunno, I guess it's just the thought of the woman who was supposed to be one of Adeline's best friends, knowing how much in love with Billie she was, goes and gets with him after she leaves. And Billie does nothing to stop it.

Billie Joe's POV
April 30, 1991
Mike and Tre have been so uptight for the past two weeks since they found out I've been dating Adrienne. They ignore me unless we have to face each other, then even when we do, they barely speak to me! I don't understand. I thought they wanted me to move past this and be happy again. Do they only ever think of themselves?!

Adeline's POV
May 9th, 1991
I found out today from a tabloid that Billie Joe has moved on with someone new. Well I hope he's happy. They won't give her name or any information on her because she wants to remain anonymous for Press reasons. Except for the fact that she's living with Billie Joe now, they gave that much. That made me sick. The thought of someone living in the house that me and my children had lived in for so long. And now someone else was sharing it with the man that was gonna be my husband. I really hope he's happy.

Rosa's POV
June 2, 1991
Billie, Mike, and Tre haven't exactly been on 'good terms' since they found out he was dating Adrienne. Now we all went out to the club last night, my suggestion. I thought it would be good to get the boys 'reacquainted' and speaking again. How much more wrong could I possibly be? Billie and Mike ended up getting into a huge fight over the whole Adeline and Adie situation and Tre got into it and now none of them are on speaking terms and the tabloids are spreading it around quick that Green Day could possibly be break up. I'm worried about Tre. He hasn't come out of his room all day, he won't speak, every now and then I hear him yelling out of the blue and throwing random things. He's really mad. I'm so worried. I may have been very irresponsible a few years ago, but trust me, I've wisened up a lot since then. And right now, I'm scared for my husband and his best friend, and this time, I wasn't the source of it.

Brittney's POV
June 5th, 1991
Rosa called me today and told me she's seriously worried about Tre and that scares me too. The only time anybody's ever had to say that is when Tre does something really stupid like downing a bottle of syrup and making himself sick. That's when we're really worried about Tre. So this scared me as well as it scared her. But I was also scared because Mike said he hated Billie's guts and he'd never speak to him again if he came to him with spit shined shoes and a bottle of the finest wine around. I didn't want this to happen. I could only imagine what was going on with Billie Joe right now. There had to be a solution to solve all of these problems. There just had to be.

Adeline's POV
June 7th, 1991
I grabbed the rolling stone magazine off the shelf and walked up to the counter. It didn't take long before I was done and outta there. "Jeez take long enough for your daily mag?" "Shut it Dico. I only took a few minutes." "Exactly, and that few minutes is a few minutes of my show that I'm missing." I laughed, rolled my eyes and shook my head at my friend. I opened the magazine and began to read. My eyes came across something about Billie Joe. But no sooner than we'd I'd seen it, we'd pulled into the drive. I closed the magazine and got out of the car walking into the living room sitting on the couch next to Dico who immediately turned the TV on and back to his show. But surprisingly, it was being interrupted by a news update. "Just last night, Green Day's very own Billie Joe Armstrong tried to commit suicide. He was drinking an unknown brand of whiskey sitting on the ledge of his roof outside his bedroom window. He was caught scooting closer to the edge and then standing up, preparing to jump off of the the ledge and fall to a crash and burn state. Now as we know, Armstrong as made many of higher jumps and landed them perfectly, but being drunk and wanting to commit suicide, he probably would have actually done had his current girlfriend not have found him sooner than she had-" I turned it off. I couldn't watch it anymore. If he was dumb enough to do that it was his own problem. It wasn't my fault. It wasn't. Sure, you keep telling yourself that Adeline.

Billie Joe's POV
July 4th, 1991
I have officially acquired a kid and a whole bunch of my fans think I'm nuts. Joey doesn't know about me trying to kill myself. Adie doesn't want him to know and quite frankly, neither do I. It's so hard to look at Joey, because every time I do, I see little Coby. And I remember how cold he was the last day I saw him. He had every right to be. Realization hit me as I realized that Jacoby would soon be turning 13 and he would be a teenager. Wow. That was something I expected to be there for. His birthday was in like, a month, and now he probably knows that his 'former daddy' tried to commit suicide. So he probably hates me twice as much as he did before. Wow, I'm just a big mess up walking ain't I? Tre and Mike and I finally made up, but they still don't like the idea of Adie and me. Oh well, ya can't win 'em all. I should probably go back outside and finish lighting off fire works with everyone.

Adeline's POV
August 7th, 1991
I watched as my twelve year old son was sitting at the table nearly falling asleep. He turns thirteen next week. That's gonna be extravagant. "Hey Mom what's for breakfast." Someone said, walking in the kitchen. I knew well who it was, and it wasn't the kids for they were all at the table. I looked up and smiled. "Eggos Dico. Have a seat." He kissed my cheek and took a seat next to Jacoby at the table. They started goofing off together immediately. It was inevitable. "Bam! Get outta the living room floor!" We soon heard Melissa yelling at her boyfriend. About ten minutes later, I had two big plates full of Eggo waffles set on the table and everyone was eating contently. I loved my family dearly and I loved watching and listening to them goof off, but right now I had to get ready for work or I was gonna be late.

"I can't believe it. I found her again. I can't just let her get away. Not now that I know where she's at. I've searched for three long years. There's no way." I said, turning to Mike and Tre. "Well yeah Billie, but there's one little thing you're forgetting." Tre said. "And what's that." "Adie." They said together.

"Honey I am so sorry! I had no idea that was going to happen! I thought everything would go okay! You were doing so well not being noticed!" "Yeah well it failed!" I shouted at my boss through tears. "I know, I know Honey. I know." He went to hug me but I slapped him away. "Don't! Just don't! I don't wanna be hugged! I don't wanna be touched! I just want everyone to leave me alone and I want him outta here!" I shouted referring to Billie Joe. "Of course. Of course you do, I know. I'll take care of it." I heard his footsteps becoming more and more distant as he walked away from me. I glanced up through my teary, glassy eyes for just a second to see Jay talking rapidly to Billie Joe. I turned around to face the other way. "Excuse me Miss. But I couldn't help but notice you were crying, is there something wrong? Anything I can do to help?" I looked up and at that moment, I wanted to throw my arms around that person and shove them away all at the same time. Boy oh boy, this just really wasn't my day was it? Somebody in Heaven must know something I've done wrong, for I've just come face to face with the man I'd run away from years ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! Exciting huh? And hey! Sorry it took a while for the update, I just needed sometime to figure out exactly how I wanted this chapter to go. I've had it planned since the beginning, but not arranged. Anyway, hope you like it.

Sad and thrilling at the same time isn't it?

I know and I'm sorry, but hey! Isn't this a shock?! Did you get it? Do you know who she just ran in to?

If not, you'll soon find out!

Comments?