So Everybody Loves You

Long Time No See

Adeline's POV

"Umm, I-I. Uh. N-No. I'm fine." I lied. "Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded. "You don't look sure, and you don't look okay." I looked up at him again and our eyes met. Obviously, he didn't recognize me. I couldn't blame him. It'd been about ten years since the last time we'd seen each other. "I lied." "You lied?" I nodded. "Okay, it's okay." "No, I mean. I lied, I'm not okay." "I thought so." He have a half hearted smile. "Um, I know I don't know you very well at all, but um...Do you..Do you want a hug?" Oh how wrong are you dear boy. I nodded and leaned forward into his open arms. "Shh. It's gonna be okay. Alright? I may not know what's wrong right now, but I can tell you that it'll all work out for the best." "J-Jacoby." I choked out looking up at him. "You know who I am then?" He asked. I nodded. He really didn't remember me. The woman he'd fallen in love with and had two kids with before Kelly ever came along. "Adeline, Billie Joe wants to speak with you. He insists on it, and he says he'll stay here day in, day out camping out by the front doors until he gets his wish. Hello Mr. Shaddix." He Jay greeted informing me, and just taking notice of Jacoby's presence. Jacoby on the other hand just nodded and stood there a little shocked looking at me as if trying to figure out if it were the same Adeline from his past. I smiled weakly at him trying to reassure him that it was, indeed, me. And I think he got the hint. "Um, Jay, could I have a moment with Adeline please?" He asked. "Oh of course, I'll just go stall the boys some more!" In one sense, I felt sorry for him because of that. I knew it wasn't going to be easy for him to keep Billie Joe waiting much longer. Billie was a very determined man. Especially when he had a goal and a target.

Jacoby pulled me aside by my arm over close to the vending machines so we were out of sight and ear shot, but I highly doubt we were out of mind. I wish. "Adeline, is it really you?" He asked. I nodded. "Oh my goodness. I can't even believe this. You look so different. Your hair's so much longer, you're a little taller, you're body shape's fuller, your style's changed some, I just..You're beautiful." He smiled. I blushed some at his comment. "Thank you Jacoby, you're not so bad yourself." "You know Adeline, after you first left, I searched long and hard for you. But boy do you know how to hide from the world." He laughed. I looked down. He pulled me close to him and hugged me again. "Have you been here this whole time?" I shook my head. "No." "Where at then?" "California." "Where at in California?" "Berkley." I stated flatly. "Oh." He said. He pulled me back by the shoulders and stared into my eyes. "I missed you Adeline. I miss my kids." "I know." Our eye contact was very intense and almost too much to bare. I was very relieved when he sighed and broke away from the staring contest. He released my shoulders from his grip. "Now that I've found you again Adeline, I want to see them again. I only saw Maria once. And Jacoby's what thirteen now?" "Next week." "Why'd you run like that?" "I was scared, I figured it'd be better if they didn't know who their dad was." "And you didn't think they'd start asking questions someday?" "I didn't think about it then, but at only two and a half, Maria asked about her daddy." His eyes went wide with shock and surprise. "Are you ser-" "Adeline!" I heard a voice from my right. I turned and my eyes met those of Billie Joe's. I swallowed. This is not what I wanted. Not at all. "Adeline." He stated again. He then turned his attention to Jacoby. He gave him and evil glare. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "I just got-" "So you've been with him Adeline? You got back with your ex after you left me? That's what happened?" "Billie what are you talking about?" "You know exactly what I'm talking about, he's standing right in front of your face!" "Look Billie, I don't know you dude and I have no clue what you're talking about, but we were never-" "Don't try to cover up for her!" "Billie what's your problem? Just get out of here!" "I don't have to! I simply came for a photo shoot and then I run into the love of my life and I simply wanna talk to her and she ditches talking to me to cry to this." He said referring to Jacoby. He stormed away after that leaving Jacoby and I standing there with looks of complete and utter shock held upon our faces.

"What did I do?" He asked. "I have no idea." I said slowly. After that, I told Jay I was heading home, it was nearly 1:00 in the morning. I'd been there's way too long for my liking in this day. Jacoby wanted to take me home but I told him I couldn't just leave my car here. Then he offered to take me to dinner before I go home, driving separate cars. That didn't sound like a bad idea being as I hadn't eaten anything since yesterday. Scratch that. I stole some of Bam's waffle this morning. But hey, that's not much and it's been hours since then. So we went to a small but nice little diner on the out skirts of town. "So, since we're here, mind telling me the story of you and Billie Joe?" I sighed and looked at him through the corner of my eye. "I guess." After I'd explained the entire situation with me and the guys from day one, meeting them at the door in my bed robe, all the way to the last day, me packing up and leaving, Jacoby looked like he was in awe. "Wow, I really don't know what to say here. That's just, wow. Did he even know the woman he was kissing on?" "I don't even know. And even if he did, I don't know if that makes it better or worse!" I said throwing my hands in the air. "I know what you mean." My cell rang then. I held up a finger indicating for him to hang on a second. "Hello?" "Hello? Adeline. Where the heck are you? What's taking you so long to get back here? Missy's tried your cell like a thousand times and she can't get you!" "Okay, okay. Bam, chill. I'm at a restaurant grabbing a bite to eat and I'll be home soon, I got held over at work today and I'll explain everything to you guys later." "Well geesh, at least answer your phone next time woman! You had us actually worried about you! That shouldn't be happening unless you're in labor." "Ugh." I rolled my eyes at this. "Fine, I'll pick up next time." "Good. See ya soon!" "Bye Bam." "Bye." I closed my phone and looked back across the table at Jacoby. "Bam. As in Bam Margera?" He questioned. "Yes." I confirmed. It's Melissa's boyfriend these days. "Melissa, you mean your old best friend?" "Yeah." "I thought she was married to that Josh guy?" "She was, they had Ginger together. But they started having all kinds of problems, that why she moved here." I laughed at his confused expression. "Gee I missed out on a lot." "It's okay, you're basically all caught up now." He smiled and I smiled back. He reached across the table and grabbed my hands holding them in his. "Adeline, I know this is a sensitive subject for you, but I really, really wanna see my kids again. Before I leave town." He said looking me straight in the eyes. I didn't say anything, I just stared at him. Somehow I knew this was coming.

"Shh. Be quiet. They're asleep." I whispered to him quietly. "Ey ey captain." He whispered from behind me. I grinned turning around to lightly smack his arm. He laughed. "Shh! you're gonna wake them up." "Okay, okay." He whispered back. "Now which one's mine?" He asked as I sat the candle down on the dresser in the girls' room. I walked over to Maria's bed side. "This one." I said, sitting down on the edge of her bed. "Isn't she beautiful?" "She's gorgeous Adeline." He said, admiring her from what he could see from the glowing light of the candle. "How old is she now?" "Ten." "Right, right. I knew that." I giggled at his forgetfulness. He always forgot simple little things shortly after he was told. "Can I sit by her?" He asked. "Be my guest. Literally." I laughed lightly. He sat down next to me on the edge of the bed. He reached out cautiously and stroked one long strand of hair off of her face. "She's so beautiful." He said, smiling down at her admiringly. "She looks a lot like you Addie." He said, using the nick name for me that he always had so very many years ago. "She resembles you a lot too." I commented. He just smiled even brighter at that compliment. "I'll leave you alone with her for a few minutes." I said, getting up and walking out of the room leaving Jacoby alone with his daughter for a while. "You're back." Bam said as I closed the door behind me. "Yeah." I said. "What are you doing?" "Bam, I've gotta tell you something." I said biting my lip and looking at him. He looked at me with curiosity in his eyes. "What is it?" "Is Melissa awake too?" "Yeah, but she's in the bed. Want me to get her?" "If you would please." He got Melissa and came back and we all went down to the kitchen to talk. "Is this important or serious Adeline?" Melissa asked. "Yeah, it kind of is." I said. "Well what is it?" Bam pressed on. "Upstairs, in Maria's room ya know?" "Yeah..." They said encouraged me to continue. "There's someone up there." "Okay, we know this honey. It's the four girls. We know this already." "No, there's someone else up there." "Okay, like who?" I took a deep breath and released it. "Jacoby." "Okay, what's so wrong with that?" "No, no. Not Jacoby. I mean. Little Jacoby and Maria's daddy." The look on their faces was very hard to read. I couldn't tell if they didn't believe me, or if they were just trying to let it sink in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Were you expecting that? I bet you weren't!

Getting even better right?

Thought so. Okay stay tuned because it just keeps getting better! Trust me!

Comments?