Because Life Is Just That Awesome

Chapter Nineteen

"Zacky, have I ever told you that..." I stopped in the middle of my sentence for no specific reason.

"Have you ever told me what?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, nothing." I said innocently.

"Whatever."

"Just that..." I said stopping again, now I have a reason, it bothers him.

"Geeze, if you're gonna tell me, just tell me already!" He said frustrated.

"I was just going to tell you that you're awesome" I said in a 'duh' voice.

"Have I ever told YOU..." he said like i had done previously. I already knew where this was going.

"That I what..." I asked pretending not to know.

"Oh, nothing."

"Ok, I didn't want to know anyways." I said walking into the kitchen. He followed me.

"I was just going to ask if i ever told you that I have a crush on your brother?"

"YOU WHAT?!?" I said shocked. I didn't think Zacky would ever tell me he liked my brother of all people.

"Whoa, calm down, I was just kidding. As fun as it would be to be gay, I like girls thank you very much."

"Okay, Mr. Macho man was scaring me for a second there."

"Well, it's not like I couldn't get guys to like me too." He said cockily.

"Actually, you probably could." I said thinking about it.

"Too bad I don't like men like that." He said snapping his fingers.

"You should pretend to be gay for a day."

"Why would you want me to be gay? All this time I thought you loved me!" He said sounding like an overdramatic girl.

"No Zacky, my heart belongs to Johnny. Sorry to burst your bubble." I said.

"NO, JOHNNY'S MINE!!" Zacky yelled loudly, jokingly, and sort of girly-ish.

"Oh my GOD!! Girls are fighting over me?!?" Johnny ran into the kitchen and looked around.

"Where are the girls?" he asked still looking around. "I thought there were girls arguing over me, where are they?" He whined a little. Zacky and I raised our hands.

"Aww, damn, i thought today was my lucky day." He said disappointedly. "It's just my retarded friend and my girlfriend." he said sadly. I laughed.

"Which one is Zacky?" I asked as seriously as possible.

Their jaws dropped and they gave each other funny looks.

"Oh, I see, okay, so Zacky's your girlfriend and I'm just your friend. So Zacky, you couldn't be gay anyways if you're his girlfriend."

I walked out of the room and back into the living room. I switched on the TV and changed it to Spongebob.

Zacky and Johnny came into the room laughing. Zacky sat down on his 'special' chair as he likes to call it. And Johnny sat down next to me on the couch.

"Shouldn't you sit next to your girlfriend? He looks a little jealous." I actually looked over to see that Zacky was actually almost asleep. "How's he fall asleep that fast?" Johnny shrugged his shoulders.

"So Maddie, are you willing to be my girlfriend again? Zacky is a terrible girlfriend. He's always falling asleep." He asked with puppy dog eyes.

"I don't know if I want to. Who knows, next time you could decide you want Jimmy to be your girlfriend instead."

"I wouldn't do that, Jimmy already has a boyfriend."

"That's mean," I said laughing.

"I know, but I'm just joking around." He laughed.
"You better be, Jimmy is my best friend." I told him.

"I'm your boyfriend, shouldn't I be your best friend?" He asked sadly.

"Hmm, no, but you're my favorite boyfriend." I told him.

"So you love Jimmy more than me?" He asked putting on his a fake sad face.

"No, I love you more, but he's my bestist buddy ever!"

"Fine, I know when I'm not wanted here." He started to get up, but I pulled him back down onto the couch and sat on his lap.

"You're never leaving!" I said laughing.

"I think I can live with that," he said and nuzzled his face into my neck and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Hey Johnny?"

"What?" He said.

"You're a shorty." He chuckled a little.

"You're a shortierer..."

"Not a real word babe."

"Well it should be." He said.

"That it should." I said.