Give Me A Reason To Believe

Continued

Baylie's P.O.V.

I was dumbstruck. I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to say to all that.
Gerard. He actually cared.
The guys were being...nice to me. It felt awkward.
I was just staring at Gerard and everyone was waiting for me to say something, But I didn't even have to.

"Aw. Look they're in love!" Frankie yelled. Me and Gerard were still staring at each other.

"Shut the hell up Frankie! Can't you see that they're trying to have a moment?" Mikey said this.

"Are you calling me a vibe-runier?"

"Maybe I am! What are you gunna do about it?"

"I...I'm gunna do something bad! I mean.. so bad that you don't even know what it is yet."
Damn he was stupid. Ray spoke thank God.

"Oh my fucking God. Do you guys realize how dumb you are? Now just shut up 'cause I'm hungry."

"Say please." said Frankie.
I stared at them. Wow. I was laughing. Hard. They were staring at me. They started laughing.

Frankie suddenly shoved a whole piece of pizza into his mouth. "Pig." Mikey glared at him.
He smiled revealing cheese attached to his bright white teeth.

"We're kinda the well-known rejects around here." Mikey said staring at me.

"Well I guess that I fit right in then don't I?" Mikey smiled. He stared.
Gerard was still staring at me.

"But you know we're not ALL complete dumb asses. Gee here is in an advanced calculus class." Frankie said this and I jumped.

"Dude! Me too!"

Gerard jumped.
"Really?"

"Great, now we've got two geniuses to deal with." Mikey said.

"Oh, come one Mikey you know you like the smart ones." spat Frankie. Mikey blushed.
"But uh Baylie.. I also happen to find the brains highly attractive."

When Frankie said this, he put his arm around me and said to Gerard,"Grrr." He looked back at me and smiled. My eyes were wide and I'm sure I looked pretty damn freaked out.
I was. I burst out laughing. Frankie did too.
He released his arm and said.

"But Gerard, I'm gunna let you have her. I wish you both a lovely future."
He shoved more pizza in his mouth. Gerard was blushing like crazy.
Ha. Cute.

"So how do you like it so far in this hellhole?" asked Frankie.

"Well..let's just say that this is the best hellhole I've ever been to."
Gerard was still staring at me.

"Wow, you're not even pissed off at the plastics or jocks?"

"Oh believe me, I'm used to all that barbie doll shit...But..There's just one thing that I still don't..I don't understand..."
Gerard spoke.

Gerard's P.O.V.

"What is it?!" I think I kinda yelled at her again.
She started at me. Beautiful green eyes.

Bell.

Damnit.
Everyone groaned and stood up. I turned to Baylie again. Stared.
"Hey, so Baylie do you wanna come hang with us after school?" Frankie. He was inviting her I love you Frankie.

"Um..wow. I--I mean sure. That would be awesome." Her voice was soft. Sweet. Happy.

"Coolness! So uh.. meet us all by the big tree at 3." Mikey said this. I love you too Mikey.

"OK sweet." She smiled. Aw I love that smile.

"Um..so Baylie. Does this mean we're friends now?"

Wow. The thought of being friends with Baylie is amazing.
I suddenly realized that it was ME who just asked the question. Shit.
What was she gunna say? Did I ask too soon? Why do I always screw everything up for myself? My heart was beating fast.
She answered.

"Yeah!..We're..we're friends now!" She smiled. Big. BIG.

I smiled big. This means I can talk to her. Trust her. Tell her all the things I want to.
Oh great.
But now that she's met my idiots we'll probably never get to be alone. Together.
Frankie suddenly yelled. Again.

"Group hug!"

Next thing I knew, me and Baylie were being mushed together in the middle of the school rejects. We were touching. And we were friends. I looked up from our hugging position and our eyes locked.
As we pulled away and me and Baylie began walking side by side, I realized.
She's coming to my house toady after school.
Holy shit-muffins.