Give Me A Reason To Believe

BLOODY TREE TALK

Baylie's P.O.V.

I can't even believe this day. I woke up thinking that everything was going to be the same.
It wasn't.
I met Gerard.
I met his friends.
I AM his friend.

School's over now, and I've found out all my classes are with him. Gerard.
And on top of all that I got invited to hang out with them.
With my friends. With Gerard.
I was nervous and scared. I was happy. Happier then I though I could be ever again. It made me forget about my problems. And what it would be like when I got home tonight. I just haven't even thought of it.
I have friends. Stupid ones, but still. Gerard is different.
And Gerard is also in detention.
By Mr. Faggie of course.

I got to the tree outside the school.
It was raining. Pouring.
I sat down at the same spot I first saw Gerard.
I was just sitting and thinking.
Watching all the kids running into the street, when suddenly I heard Frankie's voice....
I didn't see him.
I felt a scratch on my back and screamed.
I looked up. Frankie was in the fucking tree.
"Frankie you idiot!"
He tried to hop down but his foot got caught onto branch.
He fell
.
"Oh my God Frankie! Are you okay?!"

He landed in a pile of mud. His face was twisted with pain but he wasn't saying anything.
"My...ass!!" He looked up at me and smiled.

Wow he was really cute. I started laughing. He started laughing.
I sat back down in my "tree spot" and Frankie scooted over next to me, muddy ass and all.
He was kinda close to me. Yup.
We were soaked and smiling. And I was happy still.

"I still can't believe Gerard actually talked to you." I looked blankly at him.

"What do you mean? Am I like too weird for him to talk to or something?" He started laughing. Then he stopped and stared at me.

"No.No.No way no. You're not even weird. You're kinda amazing..awsome." He was blushing and grinning.

"Well then what do you mean?"

"Ok....well..let's just say Gee doesn't really talk. To anyone. especially chicks. He's well... kinda the depressed type."

I stared. He stared and smiled.

"Well..what do you mean?....He didn't really seem depressed when I met him..."
I though back to the lonely expression he had under the tree.
"..Well he did. But after I met him.."----

"Exactly! After he met you, he was, I don't know. Different. I mean.. he was yelling at my annoyingness again...."
He drifted off, and then started to laugh. I was still frozen. Taking in all that Frankie had just said to me.

"Well...maybe he just woke up in an abnormally good mood today!" I said.
Frankie stared at me. He smiled.

"Baylie, does you're hotness make you dumb? He's in Iove with you!!"
"I am NOT---huh???" What did he just say.

"It's obvious." He was staring, smiling. Mocking me.
I shook my head fast.

"No he isn't." I punched his arm jokingly and we started laughing.

"Fine! Believe what you want Miss Baybay. Oh yeah, and that's what I'm gunna call you now."

" Fine then! I will believe what I want.!"
I stuck my tongue out at him and he returned the move.

"But Baylie.. there is one thing I have to thank you for..Giving us--me--our old Gee back. I really missed him."

Frankie was sad. Wow. It's strange seeing such a happy person sad.
I moved over and put my head on his shoulder. He put his head on mine. We sighed and the same time.

"This might sound kinda weird , but I wanna thank you.. For talking to me..actually being nice to me.. For... being my friend." I said it. I held my breath.
He looked up at me and smiled.
Wait, he was...he was about to cry.

"Don't.. don't tell any of this to the guys but... I feel like I can actually talk to you about stuff.. I mean.... I'm always expected by them to be the funny one... but I.. I have problems too. I.. I just don't ever know how to talk to them about any of it. But I want you to be the one I could talk to. You and Gee. I.. I love you guys. I know I just met you and it's probably creepy, but I do. I'm really glad your my friend--our friend."
He hugged me. Hard. We were both teary-eyed.

"I have a friend......... Friends.... Frankie, I'm glad you're my friend too."

"Sweet!" Frankie smiled at me. I laughed.

"Now where are those dumb asses?!"

"I don't know, but they're taking fore----"

I stopped and looked up.
Mikey, Ray, and Bob cam running. Mikey had his hands over his face.
Ray and Bob looked pissed.
"What the hell?" me and Frankie said together.
Mikey took his hand off his face.

"HOLY SHIT MIKEY!!" were our reactions.

Blood.
Frankie fainted.