Shattered By Broken Dreams

Mission Completed.

Zacky and i ran up from the basement with a smoke machine in our hands. Quietly, we walked back into the living-room and hid the smoke machines. Zacky placed his behind the couch that Brian was sleeping on and i put mine in the fire place and covered it up with coal. Since my hands were covered in coal, i wiped a bit on my face and some on my clothes.

"Hey, Zach," I said, waving him over. "Come here."

Zacky walked over to me and began to laugh. "What the hell?"

"Shut up," I tell him, rubbing my hands in the coal and turning to face him.

Zacky stepped back, holding his hands out in front of him. "Whoa, what are you doing?"

"If we smudge this on us, it makes it look more realistic that there is a fire," I tell him, taking hold of his arm and yanked him towards me. "Now stay still."

I smudged some of the coal on his right cheek bone, then a little bit on his forehead and with the rest of the coal that i had left on my hands, i rubbed it on his shirt. There was no point in putting it on his arms, you wouldn't be able to see because of the tattoos. Standing back, i looked up at Zacky and grinned. I just know now, that when the guys see Zacky and I with the smoke machines, they are bound to believe that there is a real fire.

"Come on, lets turn them on," I whispered.

Zacky agreed and over to the smoke machine behind the couch and I to the one in the fireplace. Turning them on, we waved our arms about so the smoke filled the room more quickly and would lead out into the hallway and kitchen. Once it was thick enough, Zacky and I stood side by side and grinned at one another.

"Ready?" he asks.

I nodded my head. "Ready."

Turning our gazes to the guys, we raised our voices. "Fire! Quick, there's a fucking fire!"

Brain fell off the couch, falling on the top of Johnny, poor guy. Jimmy sprung up from the floor and ran around the living-room, not knowing what to do and Matt basically screamed like a girl as he jumped off the couch. Zacky and I had to hold in our laughter and was really hard to as well, but we managed not to give our prank away.

"Quick, this way!" I yelled, standing next to the living-room door. "The front door is open."

The next thing, Brian, Jimmy, Matt and Johnny all came stampeding my way. Jumping to the side so i wouldn't get trampled on, Zacky and I watched from the living-room door as the guys ran out screaming for their lives. Soon as they were out the front door, Zacky and I collapsed onto the floor in a fit of laughter, tears came to our eyes and every-time we looked at each other laid on the floor, it just caused us to laugh even harder, knowing that we have just pulled the best prank ever.

"We make quite a team, Vengeance," I tell him, poking him in the arm.

"Hey," he said, his hands attaching to my ribs and began to wriggle his fingers. "We do don't we."

"Zacky, that tickles," I said, biting my bottom lip.

Zacky smirked at me deviously. "Really?"

My eyes went wide as he began to tickle me even more, i scream and i laughed, but i managed to take hold of his arms and push them away from me. "I don't like it."

"I guessed," he laughed, stumbling to his feet and holding out a hand for me.

Taking hold of his hand, he yanked me up, just a little too hard though. I sprung up that quick that our bodies touched, real close. "Come on," Zacky said, feeling the awkwardness between us. "We better turn off the smoke machines."

Zacky softly left go of me and walked towards the couch where his smoke machine was hiding behind, then i went to the fire place where mine was hidden underneath all the coal. Taking it out, i followed the wire to the plug socket and un-plugged the machine. I threw it on the couch afters and waited for Zacky to be done. Once he had finished fumbling around, he walked over to me with a smile on his face.

"You ready?" I asked him.

Zacky shook his head. "No, not really."

I chuckled softly as i began to lead the way out of the house. Once we reached the door, i looked at the front lawn with four scared men laid and stood upon. "Well, that ends our fire drill for today kids. You've done really, a goodies bag will be waiting for you inside." I grinned, clapping my hands.

"What?" Johnny said, looking up to me from the the floor.

"You mean, that wasn't an actual fire?" Brian asked.

I shook my head. "Nope, me and Zacky thought we would give you a wonderful wake-up call."

"Zacky?" Matt questioned. "You and Zacky worked as a team to pull a prank on us?"

"Yeah," Zacky said, moving to stand beside me. "Is that so hard to believe?"

"Obviously," Jimmy said, stumbling up from the ground.

"Fuck!" Brian cursed.

My eyes suddenly darted towards Brian when he swore, his face going red slightly. "Whats wrong?"

"I need to ring the fire department back up and tell them its a false alarm," he said quietly, reaching for his phone in the pocket and re-dialed the number.

Looking over at the rest of the guys, Zacky and I stood side by side with proud, smug looks on our faces. "So, we did well, huh?" Zacky said, smiling at them all.

"With all honesty," Matt said, walking towards us. "I think you two becoming friends is a bad thing," Matt laughed as he swung his arm around my shoulder. "But it was an awesome prank."

"Come on then," I said to everyone. "Since Ive seen you run and scream like girls, we might as well and go back inside," I chuckled. "I think Ive seen it all now."