Shattered By Broken Dreams

Setting Things Straight.

"Sarah?" Brian said quietly.

Looking up from my now empty place, i stared into the darkest of brown eyes. "What?"

"Why are you doing this? Why are you giving this jerk a second chance?" Brian questions, a sad look spreading across his face.

"Bri, its not like I'm going to go back out with the guy." I tell him

"But there is a possibility?" he replies.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know," I said quietly. "I told him that, but i don't think I'll go down that road again."

"Oh, Sarah," Brian sighed happily, getting up from his seat and moved around to where i was sat, then wrapped his strong, tattooed arms around my frame. "I'm so glad to hear you say that. This will put Zacky's mind at rest."

I looked up at Brian and raised my brow at him. "What was it that Zacky actually said to you before he left?"

Brian let his arms slowly fall from my shoulders. He pulled out a chair that was next to me and sat on it. "He said he couldn't watch you go through this all again, with Will." Brian said, taking in a sigh. "The look on his face, i couldn't read it, but i know he's upset. Zacky also said that he's finally got you as a friend and was scared of losing you."

I let out a loud, heavy sigh. Maybe thats why he's not answering his phone to me? But he can't avoid me forever. If he said he was scared to lose me, he wouldn't just walk away and let it happen. I know Zacky better than that, but i really do need to get in touch with him. I don't want us going back to what we used to be like. In a way, i feel like Zacky. I don't want to lose him either. Tapping my finger tips on the table, i looked back up at Brian.

"Do you need your car at all?" I asked.

Brian shook his head. "No, why?"

"I'm going to drive to Zacky's," i replied.

Brian rummaged through his jean pocket and pulled out a set of keys, then threw them at me. "One scratch and you're dead."

"Whatever," I said, standing up and kissing his cheek. "Thanks, I'll see you later."

Running upstairs to my bedroom, i grabbed my Slipknot zip-up hoodie and shoved on my black hug boots. After all, i only had my PJ's on. Jogging back down stairs, i hugged Brian and told him i should be back before midnight. Its was only nine pm now. Walking out of the house, i went and opened the garage. There stood Brian's baby. His car. Unlocking it, i hopped inside and fastened my seat belt. Shoving the key in the ignition, i twisted it and started up the engine. Putting the car in drive, i slowly rolled down the drive way onto the street and once i saw it was save to go, i slammed my foot down on the gas peddle.

I slowed the car down as i turned onto Zackys street. I looked up each drive way to spot out Zackys black BMW with the private reg plate. Soon as i saw it, i drove my car onto his drive so it was parked behind his own. Stepping out of Brian's car, i locked it then made my way to Zackys front door of his house. Pressing on the door bell, i waited patiently. Only after a few seconds, the slowly opened.

"Dude, i thought that was your car. What are y-" Zacky cut himself off through mid-sentence. "Oh, its you. What are you doing here?"

"To see you," i said, stood shivering. For some reason, tonight in Huntington Beach isn't very warm.

Zacky moved aside to let me in. Walking past him, i stood in the foyer of his house. I really didn't know where to go, I've only been to his place a few times and that was when Brian made me, before Zacky and I decided to be friends. I watched Zacky shut the door and made his way towards the door. Following him, he lead into a small library where his guitars was hung as well as the first the three album he and the guys did. Each one in gold frames.

"So, why did you want to see me?" Zacky asked sitting down on one of the small couches that he had.

Sitting across from him. I kicked off my hug boots and lifted my feet onto the couch. "Did you get my voice mail?"

"Yes," he simply answered.

"Why didn't you ring me back?" I questioned.

"Did you listen to what i said on my voice mail message?" Zacky replied, acting like a total wise ass. "I deleted it."

I shook my head and shoved my hug boots back on. "I can't talk to you when you're like this."

"Like what?" he asked stunned.

"Like you used to, Zacky!" I snapped. "What the hell is your problem?"

"My problem is you going back with that fucking tosser!" Zacky shouted.

"Finally, we're getting somewhere," I said sarcastically, then bit my bottom lip for sinking so low. "Look Zacky, i came here to have a civilized talk with you because Brian told me what you said to him before you left and i only wanted to let you know I'm scared of losing you too. I'm not going back to Will, i know i told him i might, but i know that i can't put myself through that again."

Zacky stood silent, shocked for words. Obviously, he didn't expect me to come out with the words that i had just spoken, but he better believe it. Even though i believe Will can change, i also believe that the past is the past and Will is my past, something i can't go back to and never will. Maybe i could give it a shot at being friends with him, but anything more, i refuse. All i want to concentrate on now, is getting my life back on tracks and hanging out with my friends.

Zacky reached out his hand to me. I debated for a while, but i gently placed my hand in his. Zacky softly yanked me down on his lap and he hugged me tightly around the waist. I wrapped my arms our his broad shoulders and pulled him even closer. "I'm sorry for acting the way i did," Zacky said quietly. "But I'm so happy that you're not going to go back to that fool."

"Zacky," I said, lifting up his head. "You need to trust me on this, OK?"

"OK."