Shattered By Broken Dreams

I'm Going Home.

- - Sarah's POV.

I gulped hard. I didn't think he would recognize me and from the expressions on his face from earlier showed you that, but now he has figured it out. I'm back. Our eyes were still locked, looking at one another. Brian looked wide eyed, but i couldn't tell if was of happiness or hatred. Maybe just over all shock. I, on the other hand probably looked clueless. Basically because i didn't know what to do right now.

"We'll leave you two to talk," Brian Sr. said.

Braking the gaze between Brian and I, I looked straight over at his father. I squinted my eyes slightly, making it look like i was going to cry. "Don't bother, why would she want to say anything now? She said fuck all when she left," Brian said, then the sound of a door slamming shut was heard after-wards.

Lowering my head, i realized i couldn't just leave it at this. So looking up at the door, i walked and marched right out of it, seeing Brian just making it to the bottom of the drive-way. "Brian Elwin Haner Jr.! You stop right there!" I shouted.

Then i was surprised that he actually stopped in his tracks. He turned his body around so he was looking at me, but not with a very happy look on his face. I jogged across the garden, not giving two fucks about using the pavement then drive-way, i just needed to get to him quicker and as i stood in front him, i couldn't believe how much he changed. Both of his arms were now covered with tattoo's, the last time i saw him, they were only half way done. His hair was no longer short, but just and inch or two above the shoulders, yet a fedora and cap covered most of it.

"You've changed," I said quietly.

Brian glared at me. "Is that all you've come to say?"

"Of course not, Brian," I replied, sitting on the front lawn. "I want to say much more, but i just don't know what."

Slowly, Brian got down beside me. "An explanation would nice? And why after five years you suddenly decided to come back into peoples lives, but not just anybodies. My family. My family who helped you out, i helped you. If i only knew my father was coming to pick you up, i would have stopped him from doing so, because its not like you cared."

"Fair enough, but I did care, Brian!" I snapped, looking at him as tears began to well. "I did fucking care, but if i said to you that i was moving out of your place to live with Will, would you let me?"

"No, you was only seventeen," Brian answered, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I nodded my head. "Exactly, you wouldn't let me," I replied. "I wanted to follow my dreams, but you wouldn't let me. So for three months, Will and I planned our new lives in West Hollywood."

"Obviously it didn't work out too well," Brian said. I couldn't tell if Brian was mocking me or not by this answer, i stared at him questionably, but answered him anyway.

"No, it didn't," I answered, looking away from and stared straight ahead, watching as car slowly drifted by. "If anything Brian, i haven't come back to make your life misery after what i had done. Once i get the money, I'm getting an apartment, then you don't have to worry about me anymore."

"So you're just going to leave my family just like that, again?" he asked in a non-believing tone.

I turned my head to look at him. "See, i can never win with you."

Standing up, i began to walk back to the house. "It's not about winning, Sarah!" Brian shouted from behind me.

Brian quickly caught up to me and grasped my arm, turning me around quickly. "I don't want you hurting my family again like you did last time. My parents were so sad and McKenna? We couldn't get her to come out of her bedroom. She saw you like an older sister."

I sighed heavily and let the tears i was desperately holding in, fall. "I'm sorry for what I've done. Obviously, you aren't the one that wants to see and i accept that. I'll just come around to see your family every once in awhile. I'll just ring to make sure you're not there."

"Why would you say that?" Brian quietly asked.

I looked up at him confused. "Which part?"

"That'd you'd ring to make sure I'm not there," he said, hurt heard in his voice.

"Well... From the looks of it, it seems like you don't want to see me after this," I said, just over a mere whisper, enough for him to hear.

"Of course i do," Brian said, pulling me into his arms. "You have no idea how much I've missed you. I'm just mad because you never stayed in touch, just to let us know if you were alright and that you're safe. We all thought something had happened to you. That was until i went into your bedroom in my house and saw that all your shit was gone."

Slowly i wrapped my arms around Brian's waist, pulling him closer to me. Obviously, he did have a fair point. I could have rang them to let them know that everything is fine and that I'm perfectly safe. I guess i was too scared to. At the point, i didn't want them to know where i was living for just in-case they came to get me and another reason i didn't want to stay in touch, was because if i heard their voices over the phone, i would crumble and crawl back, being given disappointed looks

"Sarah," Brian said quietly.

Looking up at him, i replied. "Yeah?"

"Do you want to move back in?" he asks smiling down at me softly. "Your room hasn't changed."

"Are you sure, Brian?" I asked him, not sure if this was right.

Brian nodded his head eagerly. "Yeah, i am. I want it to be old times again, plus you can tell me everything that happened up in West Hollywood and how you afforded it."

And boy, was that some story to tell. I bet anybody fifty dollars that soon as i move back in and tell him the story, he'll boot me right back out. Reluctantly though, i nodded my head and agreed with Brian to move back into his place. He smiled happily and went running into the house to his parents, Brian and Suzy and came back out with my suitcase and back pack, along with his parents behind him.

"I'm glad you've both worked it out," Brian Sr. said, wearing a smile on his face. "Him and the guys have been miserable without you, even Zacky."

I chuckled softly, i never saw that one coming. "I'm glad we've worked it out too."

Giving them both a hug, i walked over to Brian who was stood next to his car. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, i am," I said, waving to his parent's then getting inside of the car.

Brian jumped in beside me after-wards and started up the engine. He knocked the car into reverse and slowly backed out of the drive-way. Soon as we were on the road, Brian sounded the car horn to his parents then slammed his foot down on the gas peddle. Metallica started blurting out of the car speakers seconds later as we continued out journey back home.