Shattered By Broken Dreams

The Day She Left.

- - Zacky's POV.

I remember it clearly when Sarah left, like it was yesterday. I couldn't believe after five years, five long years that she has now returned. If it wasn't for the guys bringing her name up every once in a while when she was gone, i would sure have forgotten her by now. In a way, I'm glad i never did. I know we never get on and the day she left was a great regret of mine.

"Aw, is Sarah in love?" Matt cooed, wrapping his arm around Sarah's shoulders.

I snorted to myself as she looked uncomfortable and shrugged Matt's arm off of her shoulder. "Fuck off."

"How adorable," I said sarcastically.

Sarah turned her gaze towards me, narrowing her eyes doing so. "Fuck you, Zach. Don't be fucking jealous because nobody wants to love your sorry ass," she snapped. "Just because your relationship failed happiness doesn't mean you can ruin mine!"

From her sudden out-burst, i hadn't got a clue what to say and from the looks of it, neither did the guys. We were shocked for words and kept quiet, but as i looked over a Shadows, i could tell he regretted teasing Sarah.

He looked up at her with an a apologetic look. "Sorry," he whispered.

"Don't." she replied, turning on her heal then walking back into the house.

I rolled my eyes at her. Its just so typical of her to act over dramatic and how dare she say that my relationship failed happiness, it never and i was not trying to ruin hers either. I only said said 'How adorable' to her and she goes off on one. Yeah, i did say it sarcastically, but was there any need in that type of reaction. I don't think so.

"I'll be right back," Brian told us, then went into the house.

Within fifteen minutes, he came back out and said we could set off Jimmy's. We all piled into Jimmy's car and sett off to his place. All the guys talked amongst one another as i kept myself to myself. I still felt pissed off for what after she said, but i didn't let it known to the guys. They would probably think I'm punked out by some chick and I'm not letting them think that of me.

"Zach, you're quiet," Johnny said from beside me.

I looked over at him and shrugged. "Er.. no reason."

Jimmy finally came to a halt at front of his place. We all got out of the car and headed inside of his house, all piling into the basement that Jimmy turned into a studio. I picked up my guitar that i left the night before and began to jam on it. I basically took my frustration out on it, obviously the guys noticed as they all walked into the studio. They eyed me up, but kept their comments to themselves.

- - - - -

I woke early the next morning to my phone ringing loudly. Grumbling to myself, i picked it up. "What?"

"Zach, make sure your ass is outside of your house in ten minutes!" Jimmy yelled down the phone.

"Why? Whats happened?" I ask, sitting up at his urgency.

"I can't explain now, just make sure your ass is ready," he said one again before hanging up.

Looking at my phone confused, i flipped it shut and put it on the bedside table. I threw my sheets off of my body and slid out of bed. I walked over to a pile of clean clothes that were on my floor that i couldn't be bothered to put away and pulled out a pair of clean boxers, a pair of faded denim jeans and a Horror Pops band t-shirt. As soon as i was ready, i grabbed my phone and slid on my shoes, then headed outside to wait for Jimmy.

Seconds later, Jimmy skidded his car in front of me and swung his car door open for me. "Quick, get in."

Hurrying inside and seat belting myself in. I saw Jimmy, Johnny and Matt with worried expressions written across their faces. "Will somebody tell me what the fuck is going off?"

"Shut up, Zacky. Just shut the fuck up!" Jimmy yelled, tears stinging his eyes.

"Dude! You guys are fucking scaring me. What's happened?" I asked again, looking at everyone. "Is it Brian?"

"No, Zacky. It isn't," Johnny said quietly.

The car came to a sudden halt in front of Brian's house and within seconds, the guys were out of the car, running towards the house. I ran after them and stood still once i got through the door. There sat Brian, on the floor, crying his eyes out. I had no idea why, but the others did. After hearing him rant and mumble to everyone, he pointed his finger up-stairs and cried Sarah.

Had something happened to her? Is she lying dead in her bedroom? What the fuck has happened? I sighed heavily and walked past all the guys and ran up-stairs to Sarah's bedroom. I walked in, expecting to see her, but i didn't and hardly saw any of her stuff that was once in that room. All the drawers were open and and empty as well as the closet. All that was left was her television and CD player.

"She's ran away," I said to myself.

Walking back downstairs, i looked at Brian and gave him an apologetic look and wrapped my arms around him for comfort. Sarah was like his little sister, his own flesh and blood. He's known her for years and took her in when her parents die and this is what she does to repay him? That selfish bitch, after all he has done to keep her safe and to keep a roof over her head with people that she knows and not strangers.

"Its going to be OK, man," I whisper to him. "Its going to be OK."

"Zach, you never liked her," Brian sobbed.

"That doesn't matter," I tell him. "You're my best friend, man."

"Yeah, come on, Brian," Matt said, wearing a small smile. "She might not have gone far. She might be at Will's."

Soon as Matt said that, all of us raced into Jimmy's and Jimmy got his foot down on the gas to Will's house. But as soon as we got there, more bad news came.


Will's mother told Brian and Matt that Will said he was moving out, but didn't say where. She knew that Will took Sarah along with him. Will told his mother he will send the address soon, yet his mother never got it. We waited months and months and soon it turned into year. Hearing nothing at all.

Until now.