Nuclear America

Discoveries

He ran off, clutching his throat and leaving his gun, a Colt 45 Semi-Automatic Pistol, behind in his haste. I wondered if he had a power too, then shoved his gun into my pocket. I ran back to my friends to see how Sienna was doing, and they said that she wouldn’t last in her condition. She screamed again and I figured that it would be better if the bullet were out, so I washed my hands and dug my fingers into the hole. I pulled the bullet out and dropped it to the ground. It made a small clattering and then I stood up. Sienna hissed a little and I went to get some bandages and wash my hands. I had just got to the sink when I heard multiple gasps of astonishment. I washed up and walked over to where the others were to see Sienna with absolutely no damage done to her. Everyone’s mouth was agape and I asked what had happened. Rebecca was the first to come to her senses.
“Sienna…you…how?” Was all she could muster, but I knew now that something was up. I asked once again what had happened and this time Devin was the one to respond.
“She…just…regenerated I think…” At this I was appalled and now I was the one to be astounded and I just stood there with my mouth open, thinking about how this could be possible. I was so deep in thought, I didn’t even notice Sienna get up until she walked over to me and closed my jaw. I then woke from my dazed state, although I was still confused.
“So I can regenerate. That just means that I’m special too. If you think regeneration is weird, look at the rest of us. Devin can instantly make fire, Ollie can make ice, Joey can run mega-fast, and Manan can read our minds for peat’s sake. And don’t think that I didn’t notice you too. Those bullets just bounced off your skin. I think that you have invulnerability. And when you kicked that guy? A normal person couldn’t kick that hard. Your strength has been increased too.” It took me a few seconds to process all of what she was saying, but I realized that she was now officially one of us. At least everyone but Rebecca and Joe. If they had gained powers, they had not been displayed yet. Then I wondered about Ashley. If she had had powers, she never had the chance to display them to us or even to herself. I liked my powers, being invulnerable to everything was fun, I had to admit and increased strength was nothing small either. Then I mentioned Sean’s possible power. He defiantly had an amazing sense of smell and he could run faster than me. I mentioned this to everyone and so Sean tried his powers out. It turned out that all of his abilities had been increased practically tenfold. He could read a sign that most of us couldn’t even make out, smelt all of the things around, like the smell of death, could hear us whispering from a while away and could feel things the instant they touched him. After our tests were done, he walked out to the road, looked around, and tried to pick up a wrecked car. He lifted it with a small struggle, but finally lifted it above his head.
“YAAAAAAAA!” He screamed. “I have always wanted to do that! Here Cooper, catch!” He threw the car full force at me, and I stood there. It was coming to my left, so I stuck out my left arm at a 90-degree angle and caught the car by the front bumper. My hand stayed in place, but my entire body was pushed back several feet by the force of impact. I didn’t feel the impact force at all though. I jumped up and smashed the car down onto the ground.
“And I’ve always wanted to do THAT.” Everyone was amazed at our display of power and no one could talk until Devin walked over to us and set a car burning. I liked it, so I walked over to the burning car and picked it up. I ripped the car in half and yelled “HULK SMASH!” At this everyone laughed, especially Joey. I put the car down and realized then that the flames on the car hadn’t even touched me.