The Cynical Prince

015: Poor Sick Baby

'I never would imagine that...'

Both of us pulled away from each other in a frenzy. Our eyes went wide and I rushed to my robe that was in the linen closet and placed it on.

"Crap! Um, I guess wait here?" Dean glared up at me taking a seat on the toilet.

"No, really? I very can't well go out with this hard on!" I just rolled my eyes and walked out. There stood Genieve holding Tagan who looked absolutely horrible. Seeing him made all sexual yearnings and thoughts disappear almost instantly.

"Oh, baby what happened?" I checked his forehead and automatically knew he had a fever.

"Alright come on. You're staying home." I sighed and took him to the bedroom. I walked back out and hugged Genieve.

"Thanks, I'm sorry for all this." Genieve shook her head and gave me hug.

"Anytime. I should get to work." I nodded my head and walked her out the door. I heard Tagan coughing in the bedroom and sighed. I knew I was going to be staying home from school so I headed for the bathroom to get him some cough medicine and to get Dean.

"Tagan is sick, I'm staying home. Mind handing in my papers for me?" I asked Dean looked passed me towards the bedroom worriedly and then up at me.

"You know it. Anything else?" I thought about it and realized that it was heading towards the end of the month and winter was creeping up on us. Money was tight and $8.50 an hour at the lounge was not going to cut it this week. Not with rent coming up next week and the light bill and gas bill following after. And I wasn't about to let Dean pay the rent again, I didn't even know where he was getting his income from or if he had a steady one.

"Yea, watch Tagan tonight? I've got work and I'll be taking the late shift." Dean looked at me confused but nodded his head.

"Okay, but you shouldn't work too hard. You just go the 'okay' from the doctor." I just waved him off and went back into the bathroom to get my shirt back on. It was a plain back tee and Tagan was used to seeing me in my underwear, they were boy shorts anyways nothing too revealing.

"Don't worry, Dean. Go get ready, all my papers are on my desk in the living room and just make sure you're here by seven." Dean smiled and nodded his head. He walked out into the living room to get himself ready and I grabbed the cough medicine along with the measuring cup for it and then into the bedroom.

"Tagan sweety?" He sat up and looked at me wide eyed. He shook his head and then tried hiding under my blankets lying in my bed knowing I would comfort him when he was sad.

"Nuh-uh!"

"Tagan you have to!" I heard him huff and try to hide deeper in the blankets. He was so much like Andrew it saddened me sometimes. Not unless Andrew was extremely sick. It was frustrating but it was the only time he was like a baby and I would take care of him. It was cute.

"Fine, get sicker and sicker and sicker until you have to get a shot!" I over dramatized and Tagan came out of the blankets looking at me scared. He hated needles like most little children and he shook his head desperately. I handed him the cup of medicine, he drank it all in one shot like a pro, and then I handed him his sippy cup filled with orange juice.

"I'm off you two. Be good for your mom, feel better kiddo." Dean patted Tagan's head and Tagan smiled at him. I kissed Dean on his cheek and then he headed out.

"Mommy, why don't you marry Dean? He's nice like daddy was and I don't think daddy would mind, he wants us to be happy right?" I looked at Tagan shocked and then smiled sadly. I nodded my head. I knew once I was awake I would call my old friend up to see if I could get a spot in tonight dance. Like I had said before, $8.50 an hour isn't going to help me. However, three nights dancing would get me a good two thousand. That would cover rent, some bills and possibly even paying Dean back.

Soon Tagan and me went down for a nice nap so that Tagan could rest, and so that I could get my mind off all of the crazy thoughts about Dean.

Dean and me? Married?

Tagan was always a dreamer, like his mommy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short but right now, it's what I could think of to move along the story! I'll be posting soon hopefully, but you know, the Holidays and such. :]

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!! :D