The Cynical Prince

009: Can't Shake This Feeling

'You make my heart beat faster...'

I closed my eyes realizing I didn't have the rent. My cell phone bill had been a lot because out of nowhere Tagan called his aunt over in Japan costing me a four hundred dollars plus my gas bill. All I had money for was to restock my kitchen. I rested my head against Dean's chest and then stood up straight fixing myself.

"Wait here." Dean nodded his head not looking at me and I left the bathroom to go deal with my disgruntled landlord.

"Alessa it's been a week! I want my rent!" He was running his fingers through his hair not looking at me.

"Jason, I know, I'm sorry," he sighed and then looked up at me an eyebrow raised. He smirked at me and it made me a bit nervous, seeing as he started to advance on me.

"With you wearing that though, we could make an arrangement," I was appalled. Just then Dean came busting out from the bathroom glaring at Jason. He had what looked like a check in his hand and pushed Jason away from me.

"How much is rent, Alessa?" Dean never looked at me as he asked the question. He was to busy staring down Jason.

"N-Nine hundred." I stuttered. Only seeing Dean this angry once before. People nearly died that night. Kind of like the guy who attacked me in the alley. Dean wrote that down on the check and pushed it into Jason's hands.

"Make an advance like that on her again, I swear you won't walk out that door. You respect her. Have a nice day." Jason nodded his head and quickly left shutting the door behind him. Dean instantly turned around and looked at me checking for anything on my body.

"Did he touch you?" I shook my head and smiled at him,

"You didn't have to do that you don't even have your stuff here yet if you were serious." Dean smiled at me.

"You should know by now that I was serious. My stuff is in my car, and that's nothing. You couldn't pay the rent it's understandable. Alessa, I told you, I'm here to take care of you." My heart started to beat faster. Like it used to when I was younger and he would say these things. I took a deep breath and nodded my head.

"Well, I'm going to get dressed. I'm going to meet Genieve for lunch. You're welcome to come." Dean shook his head and started to head for the door.

"I've got plans with Chase. I'll unpack while you change, okay?" I nodded my head and went into my room.

I looked down at my vanity, a picture of me, Tagan (when he was about three), and Andrew was taped onto the side of my mirror. My heart ached I missed him. I truly did. His arms around me, the way he kissed me. A year was coming and my heart was already beating fasting for another man. I felt like I was betraying Andrew in some sort of way. Like I shouldn't be feeling this because he would be coming home.

But Andrew wasn't coming home. No, that was some silly fantasy that I had to get over months ago.

He was never coming home.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! Short I know but I wrote it in class and I rushed here to my friends like I said before to type it. :D Hope you like commets I love it!