When I Come Around

Welcome home Mia!

Mike opened the car door for me and we walked to the front door. "Are you ready?" he asked me.

"Hell yeah," I said and he opened the door.

"WELCOME HOME MIA!!!" everybody shouted.

I knew it!

"Well, I'm sure you know most of the people in this room, but I'll introduce them anyway," Mike said. "This is the Armstrong family: Adrienne, Billie Joe, Jakob and Joseph. And over here we have Tre and Claudia, Tre's ex-wife and his son, Frankito, and over here my daughter Estella and that is Tre's daughter, ...."

I could not believe what I saw! "Mona!" I shouted she shouted "Mia!" back and ran over to give me a hug.

"You two know each other?" Tre and Mike asked in unison.

"Yeah, duh!" Ramona answered.

"I know her back from New York. She used be the drummer in our band," I explained.

"Yeah, good old Armatage Shanks," Mona said.

"Armatage Shanks?" Tre, Billie Joe and Mike asked in unison.

"Yeah, that was the name of our band. It was Mona's idea," I answered.

"If Ramona played drums... What did you play?" Tre asked curious.

"Bass off course," I replied simply.

"And who played guitar?" Billie asked.

"Ummm... Jamie." I answered.

"Who's Jamie? Mike asked.

"Just a friend who played guitar and sang in our band," Ramona said.

"Ok, now, that we have things cleared out we can PARTEY!!" Tre said and we followed his advice.

***

By 3 o' clock in the morning everybody left and me, Mike and Stella went to bed.

The next morning I woke up and looked at the clock 10:30. I yawned, got up, did all the stuff you do in the morning and went to the kitchen.

It looks like nobody's awake yet.

I made myself some breakfast and turned on the tv. I flicked trough the channels and decided to watch Fuse. Green Day's song Holiday came on and I started to sing along. In case you don't know Holiday is my favorite song. The song ended and Mike came into the room.

"You sing very well," he said.

"Thank you. I think you sing well too."

"Thanks. Look, I have to take Estelle back to her mother ok? I'll be back soon."

"Ok," I answered and looked back at the tv.

Mike came back quickly and said with a grin on his face "Come with me. I have something to show to you."

"Ok," I said confused and followed him to a room full of instruments. "Wow... "

"Welcome to the music room," he said. "So, you still play bass?"

"No actually. I haven't played it since well... you know."

"Well, try this oneh" he said handing me one of his basses.

I started to play and I played pretty good I might add.

"That was wonderful!" Mike said. "Hey! I have an idea!"

"What kind of idea?" I asked.

"You could start a band again. Ramona is going to stay at Tre's house, since her mother's ill and she'll be happy to play the drums, Joey can play guitar and you can sing."

"You sure? That's great!" I replied happily and ran to my room to ask Joey and Ramona if they agree. And guess what? They did!! I went back to the music room and told Mike the news.

"That's great! All you need now is a good band nameh" Mike said.

"Any ideas?"

"I'll ask Bill and Tre." He replied leaving the room.

I stayed at the music room and decided to play some more bass.

Hmmm... What to play?
I looked around the room and found tabs and sheet music for Longview. I was bored so I decided to try and play the song. I learned it pretty quickly. I finished the song and Mike started to clap.
I didn't hear him enter the room... Creepy...

"That was amazing!" he said.

"Thanks."

"So... Do you wanna go to Tre's house? I just called him and he said that he's having a barbecue. We're all invited. And it looks like you and Ramona could use some catching up."

"Yeah, I'd be happy to," I replied and we drove to Tre's house.

Mike rang the doorbell and Claudia answered the door with Frankito in her hands.
"Oh, hi Mia, Mike." She greeted us as we stepped inside and followed her to the living room.

"Hang on a minute, I'll call Tre," she said and left the room.

"Mikey boy! How many times do I have to tell you? You don't need to ring the doorbell... That's not what I'd do... " Tre said walking into the living room.

"Yeah, yeah, Tre... Whatever," Mike mumbled and then Tre realized I was there too.

"Oh, right! Not in front of your... amm... Mia... " he said. "It's nice to see you both."

"Tre. You don't have to be so fucking polite, dude," I said.

"Ok, then! Ramona's upstairs in her room."

"And where is upstairs?"

"Up the stairs, down the hall, the door with "Ramona" written all over it."

"Thank you Tre," I said and made my way to Mona's room. I quickly found her door and knocked.

"Yeah! Come in!" she yelled and I stepped inside.

"Oh, hi Mia! Hey, we've got some catching up to do girl!" Mona said and motioned me to sit on the bed beside her.

"Actually that's why Mike brought me here," I said sitting down. "About our band. Dad said that he'll try to find a name for our band that suits us."

"That's great until my dad gets to help. I just talked to him. I think he's very proud, that we're following Green Day's footsteps."

"Yeah. An apple doesn't fall far from the tree. That reminds me. How come, that you never mentioned, that your father's famous? And don't get this wrong, I mean, I'm not mad at you for it."

"Because I was afraid, that then you won't be my friend anymore."

"Oh... I understand."

"So, you wanna go swimming into our pool?"

"Sure. Can I borrow your swimming suit?"

"Yeah. I have plenty. I'll be right back," she said and went to her walk-in closet to get them. We changed and jumped into the pool. Jake and Joey were already in there.

"Hey guys! When did you get here?" Mona asked.

"I don't know. Just a few minutes ago," Jake answered.

"Cool. So what do you wanna do?" Mona said.

"I know what I wanna do," Joey said, pushed me underwater and kissed me.
Mona and Jake off course saw everything.

"Joey," Me and Mona said together.

"What?" Joey answered.

Meanwhile Jake got out of the pool and ran towards the house yelling "I'm gonna tell mum and dad about it! Joey and Mia sitting in a tree... K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!" Then he disappeared into the house.

"I'll go get him," Ramona said and ran after him. Me and Joey got out of the pool and sat on the edge in silence. Joey was the first to break it.

"I like you Mia. Would you go out with me?"