Forever Fades Away

We Can Live A Lifetime Here

I know when you're home
I was thinking about you
There was something I forgot to say
I was crying on Saturday night


I kept hearing the same Misfit song play over and over for the past hour. I could hear it through the walls coming from the guest room that was on the other side of the house. My throbbing head ache just seemed to get worse as the bass hit a new note each time throughout the song.

I rolled over onto my back to take a sneak peak at Brian; I assumed he was still sleeping. He was on his back as well staring up into the ceiling.

“I want to go over to Zack to shut that god damn song off, but I feel bad. I think I’m going to go get the cd and throw it out the window,” Brian softly said.

“Ouch.” My hands immediately went up to my temples. I had a huge hangover.

“You know what the funny part is? I’m not even speaking loud right now ‘cause I have a headache too. Never again am I drinking that much.”

I rolled my eyes, “What the hell ever. You’re lucky you don’t have to get up right now to go to school. What time is it?”

“Seven twenty, what time do you start?” Brian pulled the blankets over him and buried himself beneath them.

“Eight thirty, I think.” I saw Brian go underneath the blankets. Had it been any other morning, I would have started jumping on the bed to mess with him. I’m pretty sure I would throw up if I did that right now.

Yeah
Crying on Saturday night
Crying on Saturday night


“Why this song, Brian? Really, does it have to be a song that I like?” Brian didn’t say a word to me.

“Shut up. Go and get me some Advil or make some coffee.” He sounded grumpy.

“Today’s a Tuesday. He can’t be crying if its Tuesday. Wait, I think it‘s Tuesday.”

Brian grumbled something to himself. He emerged from beneath the blankets. He pushed them off and tried to get himself off the bed.

“Oh fuck!” Brian yelled out loud. He clutched his chest. I immediately pushed the blanket off of myself and scooted over to Brian.

“What? What’s wrong? Brian!” I knew I needed to stay calm but I couldn’t.

“Mae, baby, calm down. I’m fine.” He leaned in and kissed me softly. “I just forgot to take my meds. Want some Advil or something?” I let out a big sigh. Those few seconds had my own heart racing beyond normal levels.

“Yes please and a lot of water.” I pulled my hair back into a ponytail. I had started to sweat as well. Brian sensed my anxiety and rubbed my back gently.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do that. Its just a sort of a normal reaction now.” He gave me a quick kiss on my forehead and got off the bed. He walked out the bedroom and started towards the kitchen.

I sat on the bed trying to calm my breathing down. I heard a few pounding knocks on the door on the other side of the house, “Zack! Dude, you up?” Brian screamed. I grabbed an over sized shirt off the floor and threw it on quickly.

I found myself standing next to Brian in front of the guest bedroom, “He’s not awake?” I asked Brian.

“I don’t know. He won’t open the door. I don’t know how he sleeps with the music so loud. Yo Zack!” he yelled once again while pounding on the door.

“Just leave him alone. I’m sure he’ll come out as soon as he gets hungry.” I started walking towards the kitchen. I was hungry but I wasn’t sure my stomach would handle the food.

“I don’t want anything right now. I’ll make some coffee I guess, I’m already out of bed.”

“Sorry Mr. Grumpy pants.” I laughed at my own little joke. It was pretty pathetic to be honest. Brian stopped midway and stared at me as I laughed like an idiot.

“Go get ready for school. I’ll bring up everything to you.”

“Oh, I don’t want to go. I’m going to feel like shit all day.” Brain spun me around as soon as we reached the kitchen.

“Go. I’ll act like your dad if I have to.”

“Oh yeah? Will you punish me and spank me too?” I said to him jokingly.

“If I didn’t feel like throwing up right now Mae, I’d take you right here and now. Go upstairs. I’ll be back in a bit.”

______________________

I walked into my home annoyed and exhausted. I now absolutely regretted drinking last night on a school night. As soon as I walked in I was greeted by two dogs; Pinkly and her new friend Ichabod.

“I see you two are getting along?” I said to Ichabod. They were known to not like each other sometimes. “Where are your lazy masters?”

“Lazy? We are not lazy!” I heard Brian yell from the living room. I could hear the blast of guns coming from the t.v. screen. I put my things down in the closet and walked over. What I saw next was what I was expecting to see; pizza boxes, pop cans, beer cans and bottles, game system, and two big boys sprawled all over the living room.

“Why don’t you guys go out to the gym or go out to the beach.” I plopped down next to Brian. Zack was in his usual spot on the love seat. I saw a slice of pizza and helped myself to it.

“Are you trying to imply something, Mae?” Zack responded. His eyes were glued to the screen, so you could say I was surprised he even listened to me.

“Yes. You two need something productive to do. I know I’m going to get stuck cleaning this mess up so out you two go,” I said between bites. It was cold pizza but it tasted delicious now.

“Zack made lunch today and cleaned the kitchen. He even cleaned up his room,” Brian said.

“Oh yeah? What’s for dinner? I could so get used to this.”

“Dinner? I have to make you two dinner? I’ll just go to Jimmy’s place instead if I have to be your maid.”

“You’re lucky you’re still alive. I wanted to shoot you this morning.”

“Ha, yeah sorry about that. I like that song.”

“Yeah, a little too much. Mae woke up with a shitty hangover so it was actually funny,” Brian added.

“You had one too you little shit!”

“I woke up fine. Should we go get some more for tonight? We can have more people over if its cool.”

“You know, that sounds like a good idea.” I said. I didn’t have a class until later on in the afternoon. I could have the boys clean the house up afterwords the next day.

“You’re okay with that?” Brian asked. He paused the game and set the controller down.

“What the fuck asshole!” Zack yelled out to Brian.

“I don’t see why not.”

“Well last time you complained about the mess afterwords.”

“It’s okay. You two can clean up while I go out to class.”

“I’m glad I’m not the only bitch in this household.”

“Shut the fuck up Zack,” Brian said. I wasn’t sure if he was being serious or not. “Now because I opened my big mouth about you cleaning this morning, I have to try now to be the better man here.” Zack and I both rolled our eyes.

“How about you two clean this place up and go out to buy everything while I take a bath.”

“Um, how about not. Pass me another slice.” Zack pointed to the empty box in front of me. I had eaten three slices already.

“Let’s just do it before she changes her mind and she has us clean up the whole damn house,” Brian said.

“That sounds like a good---” Brian placed a hand over my mouth and then picked me up. He placed me back down at the foot of the stairs. He started to turn around, “Hey wait. Have you taken your medication?” Brian stopped midway.

“Fuck, I forgot again. Don’t worry, I’ll take it right now.” Brian walked away and sat back down onto the sofa. He picked up his controller and started to play again.

So much for cleaning house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks you guys! You have no idea how much it really means to me that you guys miss the story.

Jinx616, I have something special for ya....<3....an emo icon.