Under Darkness

Answers At Last

I turned around, my breath caught in my throat. I try to talk but no words form.
He's seething, his teeth clenched and his jaw in a hard line.
"Get away from her."

"Who is this?" Danni asks me. I can't turn away from Jacob, I'm shaking. I feel Danni pulling me away. Jacob sees this instantly and grabs my arm. His touch is hard, demanding. I pull out of Jacob's and Danni's grip, my senses going wild.

"What are you doing here?" I try to sound tough, but my words come up in a whisper.
"I'm here to get you." He says this likes its the most obvious thing in the world.
"Your the most selfish, self-centered control freak Ive ever met!" Im close to tears. I want him to think i dont love him anymore. I want him to know how much i hate him. Im doing a horible job of it.

"That you love." He added. He wasn't bothered at all by the fact i just insulted him.
"I could never love you." Danni was confused. I could feel it radiating off of him as if he were the sun. "This is my mental x-boyfriend." I tell Danni over my shoulder, my eyes never leaving Jacobs.

Behind me walls surround me, an i know i cant escape. The only way out would be through one of these doors, or to fight my way through jacob and to freedom. Somehow i knew that was never going to happen. I mentally willed someone to come and drag Jacob away. He needed to be taken to a mental hospital. Someone get me my harpoon.

I laughed suddenly and backed away.

"Were leaving." Jacob grits his teeth and grabs my hand.
"I'm not going anywhere with you!" Danni appears by my side, his fist connects with Jacobs face. I hear a satisfying crunch and Jacob stumbles away, his hand still latched to my wrist. Danni pulls me out of his grip and we jump backwards. In one step we are at the end of the hallway. Danni's holding me bridal style, and i pull his jackot around himself, hiding me from Jacobs view.

Jacob clutches his eye, not even flinching, just astonished. His eyes look as his hand lowers. Blood soils his palm. He looks at me again. "We need to leave Bridgette.

"Bridget? I thought your name was Jessica?" Danni asks.
"You're in danger." Jacob said, totally ignoring Danni.
"The only thing that im dangered by is you!" My voice is muffled by the jacket. It smells like Danni..
"No. How long have you been away from Ravenhold?" He is close to histaria. He searches my brain. This time it doesn't hurt as bad.. I'm numb. I can tell.
I count the days off in my head. Nearly two weaks.
"You need to get out of here."
Why? I feel stronger in my thoughts. I sound tough and sure of myself.
'Jessa were surrounded by people whodont know who you are.' His forced thoughts tumble into my head. 'Your the half life. The longer you are away from Ravenhold the longer you will bein danger of other people. You cant trust them!'
'Just like i cant trust you.' My words catch him off and he struggles with words.
Danni shuffles around, he can tell we are having a convorsation through our minds. He switches hands he's carrying me with, not even trying to put me down.

'The first full-moon your out of our protected city everything will change - your appearence permanantly, all of these people will be drawn to you like a fat kid to cake. But most importantly your powers will arise.'
This catches me off gaurd. 'You said that i couldn't have powers. That i was different.
'....I lied.'
'What other things have you lied to me about!?'
'Also, the first step you take into your room is like transporting you to our world.' I feel used. Another thing he lied about.
'You told me that the entrance had been destroyed..' I was excited, and way hyper. I was getting powers! I was going to see the world that was created and designed for us!
'Your not going.'
'You cant tell me what to do!'
'Your my half-life. I own you.'
This pissed me off. I force him out of my thoughts, trying to regain my equilibrium. "Lets go Danni."
"With pleasure." He turns, opening a door to the right of us. I peer out of the Jacket as i see Jacob lunge for us. I feel myself being sucked into a hole, i hold tight to Danni. Then we dissapear.
♠ ♠ ♠
:]