Under Darkness

Have you ever felt something, someone watching you? The silent whisper in the trees? The ice cold shiver trailing up your spine, but dont know why? Do you ever notice all those missing reports of people but they dont know were they went? They all lead to one result. Something that could kill you in an instant. Something that would drain the life from you with a single bite.

These are the nightwalkers.

There are many different races of nightwalkers, elves, halflings, vampires, shifters, etc. Many of these are very rare. They dislike being around one another, in case of a rebillion. Once a month, when the moon is at its highest poin in the sky we all travel to were the sun meets to moon AKA: Aergeon. A place with a huge medow surrounded a very large, shallow pool. The moonlit waters refills our strength. It's easier for us to stay in sunlight this way. The gathering also lets our speicies fill us in on whats been happeneing, different things like this. Most of us have territorys, places they would die for if they had to. We try to stay nutural to each other, it makes things a lot more easier. Nightwalkers are known for centurys worth of grudges. The records of our past are all kept a large library hidden in New York.

There is something that all nightwalkers have in common - the need for power. They gain power from Aergeon but they want more. One month is not enough for them. And thats were i come in. Im a special nightwalker. We have to drink the blood of humans for us to survive, but it keeps us alive it doesn't strengthen us. Me, on the other hand, im whats called a 'Half-Life'. There can only be one of them that is alive in the world. And all of them, all the nightwalkers are searching for me. To drink my blood so that they can gain enormous power. I hide, try to fit in. After generations i started to blend, they can't tell that im any different. Only when my blood is spilled will they tell, because my blood isn't normal. Its a bright blue-silver.

Im Jessica, Half-Life to the nightlings, and this is my story.

(Will you guys please tell me what you think? Thanks! =] )