What you need
- Large non-stick frying pan or wok
- Chopping board
- Knife for chopping
- Wooden Spoon
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Garlic clove (minced or chopped fine)
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Tomato purée
- 280g Chorizo sausage, sliced*
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes (tinned)
- 400g Kidney Beans (tinned)
- 350g Chickpeas (tinned)
- 150g Cheese grated (i.e. Cheddar)
- Handful Fresh Coriander, chopped
*Check the packet instructions; if it does not say 'Ready to Eat' then cook the chorizo as per instructions on packet
Start by heating the oil in the frying pan. Once its heated up a bit toss in the onion, garlic and chorizo; cook these for a few minutes.
Add the Cajun seasoning, tomato purée and chopped tomatoes to the pan, stir them in then leave to cook for 5 to 10 minutes until thickened.
While its thickening roughly chop the coriander and place into a small serving bowl; add the grated cheese then mix together.
Open and drain the tinned kidney beans and chickpeas, toss them into the frying pan then stir until mixed. Leave to cook for another 5 minutes.
Finally take the frying pan off the heat, give it a final stir then serve.
Mix it up!
This recipe serves up four people (depending on appetites); increase or decrease ingredients to tailor it to your needs or tastes.
- Serve with boiled rice and scatter the garnish on top
- Serve alongside the cheese and coriander garnish with buttered bread