I'll never forget the first time I had a three milk cake. It was in the second year of my high school Spanish class. My teacher's friend brought one for the whole class to try and I fell in love it. Now I make it during every special occasion.
- 1 White cake box of cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 1 14oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12oz. can of evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup of whole milk
- 1 16oz. bowl of cool whip topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour one 9x13 in. baking pan.
- Follow the directions on the box of cake mix and make a two layer cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- After cake is done, remove it from the pan and place on a rack to cool.
- When cool, pierce the cake several times with a fork. (This allows the milk mixture to soak into the cake evenly.)
- Combine the whole milk, evaporated milk, and condensed milk together.
- Pour the milk mixture over the top of the cooled cake.
- Spread the cool whip over the top of the cake. (Be sure to keep the cake refrigerated.
Note: You can add any type of fruit or nuts you want on top of the cake right before you serve it.