Stephenie Meyer - Comments

  • WaterQueen07

    WaterQueen07 (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I was just about to write a long opinion, but I realized that what I'm about to type will not change anybody's mind. This whole thing is based on opinion, age, interests, and what kind of books you like. Nobody is right or wrong. Nobody will change my mind, and I won't change anybody's mind either.
    August 25th, 2008 at 04:34am
  • Corpses

    Corpses (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Stephenie Meyer is a horrible author, who I'm blaming for the apocalypse.
    Her books are just ridiculously terrible.
    August 25th, 2008 at 04:31am
  • S Chizzle x0

    S Chizzle x0 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i love the twilight saga (:
    August 25th, 2008 at 04:27am
  • Airi.

    Airi. (2240)

    :
    NaNoWriMo 2016
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    She's not as bad as people think but she's not as good as everyone thinks. Her books are good but I'd have to say they are some of the worst vampire novels I've read. Her books are good but they're not as good as these people make them out to be. People are only reading the book cause it's popular, once a new vampire book comes out everyone will claim to hate this book.

    Twilight has taken over mibba and now it's just plain annoying. It's a book people, this obsession has gone way too far.
    August 25th, 2008 at 03:20am
  • xxmydeadlyromancexx

    xxmydeadlyromancexx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    Wow you must have spent like ten minutes on wiki!
    congratulations on finishing your essay about the author of a stupid and unoriginal book.
    August 25th, 2008 at 03:03am
  • LostandForgotten

    LostandForgotten (1750)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    "you just dont see enough vampire series like these."

    Yeah you do. You se much better ones if you look for yourself and not just buy the book everyone else is buying. I also agree harry poter is chessy by the way.

    And as far as the claim this article is unique due to the fact it's about Mehyer herself and not the book is a tad sad... like come on...
    August 25th, 2008 at 02:37am
  • Oceanti

    Oceanti (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Hmm i'm just like every other teenage girl. I love the twilight series :]. It's not suppose to be some little adult book. Sure you may hate me for saying I absolutely despise the harry potter series and think it's utterly cheesy. So if you guys hate twilight why cant i hate harry potter? :]. Yeah i'm middle school so I guess it's alright to like it? I honestly really don't care how cliche the plot is, you just dont see enough vampire series like these, Cirque Du Freak was good but it wasn't a romance or fairy tale like story. Yes I admit Bella gets annoying through out the book and Edward is too perfect but overall the story gives me suspense and the actual first series I didn't ditch or put down.
    August 25th, 2008 at 12:54am
  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Everyone says that Stephanie Meyer is a horrible author, but really, she isn't as bad as she's made out to be. But she's defiantly not as great as she's always made out to be either. The point is, the Twilight series is made for teenagers in particular. So, obviously she isn't going to make a novel with tiny font and a huge vocabulary. That would be an adult book, sorry. She has a degree, so she must of done something right.

    And for my own personal opinion on the series, Twilight was a drag for me, I literally only have 4 pages where I wanted to keep reading. I skipped the middle books and read the last book, and I must say it wasn't all too horrible. It was dragged out a bit too long for my liking, even though I finished it in merely 2 days time. I didn't like how in the book she changed from Bella's point of view over to Jacob's, when it was suddenly getting good, and you wanted to know what Bella thought. Then, right when Jacob put the freaky claim on Nessie, she changes back. It made me a tad bit angry. Well, all in all, I would say she's defiantly not my favorite author, and her books lack an interesting plot that made me want to keep reading. Hence my skipping of two of her books altogether. Mmm, yes.
    August 25th, 2008 at 12:42am
  • Kvieta Vindi

    Kvieta Vindi (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Yes, there are a lot of articles about Stephenie Meyer, and yes her books may not be the greatest out there, but many people do like her.

    And so I repeat myself: My first article to contribute to my column was meant to be about an author that many people know. So, I respect your opinion, because I feel the same way with people flooding the website with related articles. Although may I point out that most articles on here are about her works only, and not her life including her works.
    August 24th, 2008 at 11:47pm
  • LostandForgotten

    LostandForgotten (1750)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    I'll point out that I'm being subjective and no ofensive here in my comments.

    I read every article on mibba (although I often forget about the review section) and if there is anything I feel like saying I say it. In this case I pointed out that one, there is waaaay too many Twilight related articles on mibba. And two, she isn't the great author she is made out to be by hordes of teenage girls.

    Twilight is unoriganal, in the plot and characters. Also the book's font is embarrassingly large. If they used a regular sized font the story would hardly be two hundred pages a book, the only reason i can think of to use such a large font is to make it seem like she spent time writing a long novel, which would be preffered. So it's a ruse.

    In case your wondering why I would care enough if the book was that bad to write all this, the fact is I don't. What I do care about is that the constant flow of Mibba articles about these book take away from the articles with actual decent topics. So stop flooding the website with these.
    August 24th, 2008 at 11:34pm
  • oscar wilde;

    oscar wilde; (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Nice article.

    I've gone right off Stephenie, ever since I read Breaking Dawn (ugh...) but I used to really love her and that was a nice summing-up of her career. Great job!
    August 24th, 2008 at 11:28pm
  • Lizardd

    Lizardd (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    She is an amazingg author.(:
    August 24th, 2008 at 10:21pm
  • yurio

    yurio (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    stephenie meyer rocks. whenever i read her books it feels like i'm in another world. ^^
    August 24th, 2008 at 09:15pm
  • Catastr0ph3

    Catastr0ph3 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I love the Twilight sage!
    Even though I am only on New Moon.
    I was so skeptical about reading Twilight though, there's a cult at my school that the saga is their bible.
    Well not really, it just seems that way.

    I think she's awesome, but that's just me.
    August 24th, 2008 at 08:47pm
  • Vanya Hargreeves.

    Vanya Hargreeves. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Jinxeh: her name is spelt Stephenie, the title is right.
    August 24th, 2008 at 08:24pm
  • scribblerofdreamsxx

    scribblerofdreamsxx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i love stephenie meyer
    shes my favorite author..
    i think she is genius..
    August 24th, 2008 at 08:24pm
  • Sweet_Cyanide

    Sweet_Cyanide (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    i for one like stephenie meyer, shes a good writer, thairs always a reson she writes things and i like that also shes descriptive
    August 24th, 2008 at 05:30pm
  • Kvieta Vindi

    Kvieta Vindi (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I just figured I would write the first article of my column about an author that many people know. If you don't like her, then why did you even read this article? And I'm not trying to offend you by being rude- I'm just wondering.
    August 24th, 2008 at 05:26pm
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with lostandforgotten
    August 24th, 2008 at 02:51pm
  • LostandForgotten

    LostandForgotten (1750)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    Yay another article about this particularly not-so-great author <.<

    Seriously, who cares?
    August 24th, 2008 at 02:16pm