Adolf Hitler Campbell And Sisters Removed From Home - Comments

  • TheInevitable

    TheInevitable (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I'm not sure I agree with taking the children out of the home, but they should really file a case to change the names. That's horrible.

    I'd call that emotionaly abuse. Later on, the kid would have trouble.
    February 16th, 2009 at 01:49am
  • MeghanLydie

    MeghanLydie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    giving your child that name is horrible, and if you want to make a statement name them excalbier err something like one my most close friends did, but by no means is it child abuse.

    this whole situation is messed up and its pretty apparent that the child loves his parents.
    February 15th, 2009 at 06:35am
  • A.Lifeless.Rose.

    A.Lifeless.Rose. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    That's crazy, naming your kid that will be a constant source of pain till there 18. Though if they want their kids to hate them it's their choice.
    February 14th, 2009 at 11:14pm
  • Krista-Snaps

    Krista-Snaps (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    If there was no abuse, they shouldn't have taken the kids. I do feel that the children should have been named differently to avoid the hate and abuse that could be done by people outside of the home.
    February 14th, 2009 at 07:15pm
  • evie may.

    evie may. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    New Zealand
    They shouldn't have taken the kids. Obviously there is no actual reason that will be supported by a court of law, but the parents are still stupid for naming their children the way they did.

    I'm all for freedom of speech and having your own opinions, about Hitler, the Aryan race and all of that but to use your children as slogans for Neo-Nazi's... it's pretty sick.
    February 14th, 2009 at 10:35am
  • n0thing

    n0thing (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Technically a child shouldn't be taken away from his/her parents if there is no physical or mental abuse within the home. Personally its stupid to name you're kid after a crazy dictator that mass murdered tons of people, but some how I think if the kid's name was, oh I don't know, Joseph Stalin the case wouldn't have been blow to such high proportions. It seems almost laughable since in NJ there is an annual KKK meeting every year. Thats like people trying to take away of of their kids, which clearly doesn't happen.
    February 12th, 2009 at 08:48pm
  • KittyGrimm

    KittyGrimm (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Ireland
    No I think that the social services had no right to take the children away. They said there was no sign of abuse.

    Naming your child Adolf Hitler isnt the smartest thing to do but honestly I can think of worse ones. Taking away a child just because of their name is unfair and unjust. If social services are going to start doing it over just names then how many children are going to be tanken from there parents?
    February 3rd, 2009 at 02:14pm
  • Emo-So-Awesome!

    Emo-So-Awesome! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I keep questioning why nothing was ever said when they chose the names for the birth certificates. Shouldn't someone have noticed them then, and not now? Also, I think removing the children is a little too harsh, maybe name changing would have been a better step
    February 2nd, 2009 at 12:19am
  • Felidae Evol

    Felidae Evol (455)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    A name doesn't decide the child. The only the child will define himself or herself. A simple name of the past shouldn't make people quake in fear. The DYFS was out of line.
    I also don't think that they should have assumed the children would want to change their name. I wouldn't have. What's in a name? Children are made fun of for various reasons that they deem petty, but they're being petty as well by taking children from their parents due to a name.
    February 1st, 2009 at 05:23am
  • hengstin.

    hengstin. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    DYFS shouldn't have taken the kids. It was the parents' choice to name their kids that, and it is in NO WAY child abuse. They should just ask the parents to change the kids' names, not take them. It's stupid that it caused enough of a deal that DYFS had to interfere.

    I see how the children could have a tough time growing up, but it isn't abuse to name your kid Adolf Hitler Campbell. It's more like stupidity.
    February 1st, 2009 at 02:35am
  • ChuBecca

    ChuBecca (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I just don't understand. As far as we know, they parents haven't done anything wrong. It might have been an ignorant move of the parents to make, but it was their choice. And I mean, the children are too young to know who Adolf was. Joseph Stalin did things just as bad, if not things worse, than Hitler did. Yet there are Josephs everywhere. It just makes no sense to me.
    January 31st, 2009 at 11:36pm
  • Modern Myth

    Modern Myth (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    The kids weren't being abused, were they?
    They just got named pretty bad names.
    I agree with Kurdt Cobain, they can force their parents to change their names, but not take them away. Whats that gonna solve?
    January 31st, 2009 at 09:38pm
  • kurdt cobain.

    kurdt cobain. (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Taking the kids is a bit ridiculous. Honestly. It is stupid to name your kids that, but, really? Taking them? Just make the parents change the kids' names. It's not that hard...
    January 31st, 2009 at 06:01pm
  • caeca.invidia.est

    caeca.invidia.est (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    The parents should be forced to change those childrens names. It was stupid to even think naming your childrenlike that. Think about what happens when they get to school? Kids can be really mean and will torture those poor kids.
    January 25th, 2009 at 05:37am
  • Shadowed_thoughts

    Shadowed_thoughts (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I think taking the children away was ridiculous. Honestly. Yes it was a bad name. But i dont think it should be up to the state or whatever to tell you what is an acceptable name for YOUR child. Yes the kid will get made fun of mercilessly, but who doesnt? If they are going to take away their children for this, why not do the same if a couple name their baby boy a girl's name? (which does happen) that kid is going to be put through hell, too. what is the difference? Yes i know the kid was named after Hitler. But it is still not a crime. The child isnt the mass murderer Hitler. Let this family be. The kids need there parents.
    January 24th, 2009 at 09:02pm
  • ToTieBinds

    ToTieBinds (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    I lol'd when I first saw this. Really, really hard.


    I'd still like to see that father talk idiocy after 6 million of HIS people have been murdered but---luckily (because I'm not being completely serious)---that's not going to happen.
    January 24th, 2009 at 02:00am
  • chromatography.

    chromatography. (255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Australia
    I honestly believe it was a little silly on the parents behalf to name the child that, but to remove the children from the home is a little ridiculous. They have no right to do so. If naming a child that is abuse, that is ridiculous. They are not harming the children, drumming Nazi hate into them...this is a petty reason in my opinion to remove the children from the home. Just on the basis of a child's name.
    January 23rd, 2009 at 04:23pm
  • Missand

    Missand (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    The point I was trying to make was that nobody will tell a black person to change their kid's names if it offends them. It gets brushed under the carpet.
    January 22nd, 2009 at 05:42pm
  • Missand

    Missand (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    You can't change someone's mind if they are racist or not. You can't change someone's beleif system because the rest of the world doesn't like it, it's discrimination and secterianism at it's best.

    They should be alowed to call the kids adolf hitler if they want, they have the right to bring the kids up in a neo nazi beleif system if that's what they want. Nobody has the given right to judge or condemn people.
    January 22nd, 2009 at 05:41pm
  • nikkinightmare

    nikkinightmare (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    It was stupid of the parents to name their kids those names, but their children definitely should not have been taken away from them. Parents can name their kids whatever they want, it shouldn't be a big deal.
    January 19th, 2009 at 10:49pm