Denied A Diploma Because of Kiss - Comments

  • VileVenom

    VileVenom (255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    This is the most BS story I've ever heard! That's like wow. So flipping stupid! See, I hate school systems. They are so messed up. I mean, he blew a flipping kiss and took a bow?! Should he not be proud of what he accomplished and should he not recognize his mom? Stupid...
    June 17th, 2009 at 04:29pm
  • nerdy_

    nerdy_ (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I think things like this are stupid. This kid was happy because he was finally graduating, and all he did was bow, blow a kiss [i]to his mother[/i], and point to some friends. True, in some small way, he did break the contract, but I don't think his actions should have warranted such a big consequence.

    This event reminds me of the kid from Ohio who wasn't able to graduate with his class because he went to his girlfriend's prom. (The school is one of those ultra-conserative Christian ones that doesn't believe in dancing.) Of course, his school was private and can sort of do that without explanation.
    June 17th, 2009 at 04:15pm
  • xXGreyWingsXx

    xXGreyWingsXx (850)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Weird...

    I applaud your actions, Jinxeh! Nice quote.
    June 17th, 2009 at 01:32pm
  • Jinxeh

    Jinxeh (805)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    Eeeeeehhhh, it was stupid to deny him his diploma, but at the same time...I read an article that explained they told everyone very clearly that they were to walk up, shake the hand of the person who handed them their diploma, and sit back down. That was all, and they were very clear about that. It doesn't mean that the punishment fits the "crime," of course, but I'm just saying. I was almost denied my own diploma because I told the person who handed it to me, "Thanks! So long, and thanks for all the fish!" when I shook his hand. School administratives are pretty strict about that stuff, so even if I disagree with it, I am able to see their side.
    June 17th, 2009 at 12:24pm
  • Lulu Falconeri

    Lulu Falconeri (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    i think that is THE stupidest thing i've ever heard..oh let's not give it to him cuz he blew his family a kiss.
    wow utter genius*rolls eyes*
    June 17th, 2009 at 12:10pm