The Jonas Brothers; The new Era Of Boy Bands - Comments

  • sincerely hannah

    sincerely hannah (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Okay, one?
    The Jonas Brothers did not FLOP To Madea.
    They were second in the box office, so I have no idea how that's flopping.
    Two?
    They're not played on VH1.
    And three?
    Is there anything wrong with kids finally having good role models?
    Unlike My Chemical Romance (whom I do like, by the way) who cuss and scream?
    I personally find nothing wrong with these boys and I don't think they did anything to deserve this.
    But this is my personal opinion.
    March 31st, 2009 at 02:37am
  • overnightsensation!

    overnightsensation! (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinions about what kind of music they do and don't like. If people like the Jonas Brothers, you should respect that. If you don't like them, that's fine. Just let other people enjoy their music.
    March 31st, 2009 at 02:35am
  • RockPrincess16

    RockPrincess16 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    You have our own opinion but in a way it's insulting me too. Brcause I am one of those girls who loves the jonas brothers if you don't like them you should just keep it to your self dude. I hope this don't offend you but get a life that does not include picking apart people you don't like. Have A Nice Day.
    March 31st, 2009 at 02:13am
  • yurio

    yurio (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    No one cares (well at least i dont) what kind of music you like so why do you have to make a big deal about people liking the Jonas brothers? Leave them alone and go get a life that doesn't involve talking bad things about people you don't like.
    March 31st, 2009 at 02:08am
  • Berytni

    Berytni (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I think we ALL gave them a chance...but failed in my opinion.
    It was my boyfriend who brought this to my attention, but all Jonas brothers songs are virtually the same musically. It's bothersome! It sounds like they strain their voices when they sing too. Just my opinion though, think what you want.
    March 31st, 2009 at 01:43am
  • Hawkbot

    Hawkbot (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    Canada
    FYI the band really has no control over how much publicity they receive. I really think people should just be quiet about these kinds of things. I just came across this realization. The Jonas Brothers make people happy. It's your choice to allow them to make you unhappy. Want to avoid them? Go to Lastfm. Don't be a fan of them and you can listen to GOOD music and decide what you listen to.

    We always have a choice and I choose to let people like what they want to like. I'm not telling you to love them and their music; but I'm telling you that your opinion isn't news worthy. News is supposed to be unbiased. This seems more like a review. I only saw one or two facts in the entire thing. I think Mibba should really have an editorial section because most of the "news" are really just overzealous opinions and an opportunity for people to preach their beliefs or more often than not THEIR likes and dislikes.
    March 31st, 2009 at 01:17am
  • Spanish Lullaby

    Spanish Lullaby (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Uhm, yeah. They are a boy band. Doesn't mean they're bad. I actually do like their music alot, and think they're good role models. Like it or not, people are fans of them. Don't hate.
    March 31st, 2009 at 12:41am
  • move along.

    move along. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    No offense, but I seriously disagree with all of this.
    They did not make a mockery of a Stevie Wonder song; in a matter of fact they did a very great job, and it's sad that people still have to go after the whole 3D movie thing.
    They are not just a "boy band"; they are a rock group, and while their are a ton of teenie's obsessing over them for looks, we fans are not going away.
    We're a fan family.

    But, this was a greatly-written article and it really did spark up some great, intelligent discussion, actually. :D Please don't take any offense toward my comment; I was just stating my opinion! ;)
    March 31st, 2009 at 12:36am
  • lightning_210

    lightning_210 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    i do like the Jonas Brothers, obviously if you've read my story. but it's starting to fade from obsession. i keep my story going because it's fun to write. i agree that they've become too big. i liked them better when they couldn't sell out a 2,500 seat theater and met all their fans after the show. it's just not a fun experience being around screaming girls. but they're good role models and their music reaches out to a lot of teens going through the whole high school thing.
    plus, music is music. it's a way for someone to express their feelings and thoughts. we shouldn't criticize the way people express how they're feeling.
    March 30th, 2009 at 11:47pm
  • asteroid

    asteroid (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I don't mind them. I heard one of their songs on the radio and I thought it was catchy. Although the singer kind of has an annoying voice... whatever. I'm not gonna add to the hate.

    To the author of the article- please have someone edit your article. You used semi-colons incorrectly, and your verbs are plural while 'band' and 'The Jonas Brothers' are singular. I know 'The Jonas Brothers' looks plural, but it is not. It is a proper noun form of the word 'band', which is singular.
    March 30th, 2009 at 11:18pm
  • OJD_rocks_my_socks

    OJD_rocks_my_socks (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    attention all jonas haters get a life no one really care about you guys music is music no matter who tis from
    March 30th, 2009 at 11:02pm
  • OJD_rocks_my_socks

    OJD_rocks_my_socks (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    ok so whats ur probelm there not a boy band i think there that best out there along with others but dont diss them ur jonas fans will coem after you
    March 30th, 2009 at 10:58pm
  • messy perfectionist.

    messy perfectionist. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    They weren't always Disney. Just because they are now doesn't mean you shouldn't give them a chance. And music is music and we shouldn't hate on someone else's like in music.
    March 30th, 2009 at 10:49pm
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I just don't like how Disney Brainwashes people. This Purity Ring BS. They're not even real music in my opinion, it's synthzied garbage, ever heard them play live?
    I do, however, completely adore the comment that demon spawn comes from Texas. :]
    March 30th, 2009 at 10:29pm
  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    ... Yes.
    March 30th, 2009 at 10:13pm
  • Jack Skellington

    Jack Skellington (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I'm not going to rant about how much the Jonas Brothers suck (in my opinion). But I agree. They like being know as a "rock band". But, honestly? Rock?
    They were good. Like, the first two albums. I was never "in love" with them But they are over -played sellouts.
    March 30th, 2009 at 08:49pm
  • Zebraskin

    Zebraskin (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    "I hate the Jonas Brothers." Well, I'm sure they hate you too.

    The grammar and punctuation in your article was a little off, in some places.
    March 30th, 2009 at 08:39pm
  • cruel intentions

    cruel intentions (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I don't mind the Jonas Brothers.
    I like their music and they seem like wholesome guys.
    But they are reaching that point where they're really big and I think that within time people will stop liking them and consider them washed up.
    March 30th, 2009 at 06:53pm
  • taking back sunday.

    taking back sunday. (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    And although the more older kids (including me) hate them, we should be more understanding.
    i MEAN HOW MANY OF US GREW UP IN THE 90'S AND were in LOVE with The backstreet boys or N*sync? Or TLC or so on.
    I was in love with them, as are young fans today with TJB.
    March 30th, 2009 at 06:52pm
  • oh honestly.

    oh honestly. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Jonas Brothers. maybe if your older than even Kevin there is, but most of the haters are just people who need something new to criticize and don't want to give them a chance. Just because they don't play the kind of music you would normally listen to does not necessarily mean that you should close you mind to them or start bashing them. But I'm not saying you have to like them either.

    They may be over publicized to some, but for the recording company they work with, it is just a way to keep them in the public eye and to please the fans they already have. There are plenty of other artists out there that are over publicezed too.

    They could be labeled as a boy band, I suppose. they are boys and they are all part of a band. But isn't that just the extent of that accusation? Yes, because not all of their songs are just plain pop. for those people who claime to be true rockers and could never listen to pop or anything, don't be too quick to pass them off. If you've even listened to any of their songs of their newest album, many are rock-infused. they aren't, obviously, the complete hard rock you may be used to, cause that's not their style, but you can definately tell its there. The boys are not strictly a pop music band, they often try to incorporate new and different genres into their music. Their self-written music, which is so much different from many artists these days too.

    And since you complain so much of them being over publicized, so much that you can never get away from reading their names, doens't this just show how their great musical flame is not dwindling out? You people are almost a third of the reason they stay in the spotlight, why you can't get away from them. You are constantly mentioning how stupid they are, and that only puts them out there even more. you're only helping the cause, whether you realized it or not.
    March 30th, 2009 at 06:20pm