The Anti-Feminist World of Twilight - Comments

  • This made me laugh so hard! Love you for it.
    November 8th, 2009 at 03:14am
  • It is just a story, it is nothing more than fiction. People seriously need to stop reading into things so much. Just sit back and enjoy the story, as it was meant to be.
    November 8th, 2009 at 03:04am
  • Well written article, and I quite agree with you. Bella is the most irritating fictional character. She is basically dependant on Edward throughout the whole series and without him she can't even function properly. A mental asylum may sound like a good place for her. I will admit, as you did, when I first read it, I was in love with it, but after it became popular and I saw the movie, I really thought, how do I put this nicely, it sucked. The plot, the characters, everything about it was horrid. Not to mention that Bella is so absorbed over Edward from the day she sees him, it just makes it seem as if we - women - cannot take care of our selves and we need a man to do everything for us and protect us from the big, bad world.

    Great article by the way, I agree with you completely. I also agree with [b]Chocolate_Thundah![/b]
    November 8th, 2009 at 03:00am
  • Nothing says "love" like statutory rape, domestic abuse and teenage pregnancy. @_@
    Stephanie Meyer should be shot for writing this travesty of a book.
    November 8th, 2009 at 02:54am
  • In addition to my comment below...

    These girls that get themselves into the aforementioned relationships WON'T leave because they think that it will all work out for them the way things are for Eddie and Bella.

    What is the teenage population coming to...?
    November 8th, 2009 at 02:51am
  • Twilight...

    Don't get me started.

    It's terrible. Bella's the most annoying, whiny, pathetic protagonist I have ever come across. I could /not/ get through the first 23 pages of the damn book because she did nothing but BITCH for the entire goddamn thing!!!

    UGH.

    Why do so many girls want to be her!? People want to be freakin' controlled? Really? What the hell!

    And, you know, I know some people that have actually gotten themselves into some abusive relationships because of this stupid craze. Yeah, Meyer's all happy that everyone's naming their children Isabella and Edward. But does she also know that some people are looking for their perfect Twilight relationships (because they're STUPID) and end up getting themselves in some really hot water...?

    I wonder if she'd actually stop writing if that fact came into light... Hmm...
    November 8th, 2009 at 02:50am
  • I understand your opinion but you really should read what Stephenie Meyer has said about this. She even admitted that to some it seems anti-feminist, however she says that it is what BELLA would choose not what EVERYONE should choose. Its what was right for BELLA, who is a character in a fictional story, not what is right for EVERYONE reading it. And you obviously didn't read the end of Breaking Dawn, because in the end she saves EVERY good vampire and werewolf's life. SHE saves their lives, not a guy. Obviously, it's not anti-feminist.
    November 8th, 2009 at 02:46am
  • Wow, I know people will probably give some hate comments, but I totally agree with you. Vampires who sparkle shouldn't be thought of.
    November 8th, 2009 at 02:41am
  • Well written article. And concerning that creeper, Edward, what kind of vampires sparkle? Aren't they supposed to go up in flames when exposed to sunlight?
    November 8th, 2009 at 02:41am
  • all you need to do to get girls obsessed with something that is out of this world is to put a hot guy in it...
    what has this world become?
    watch someone put on a movie with satan as a hot guy, let's see what happens then....
    November 8th, 2009 at 02:40am
  • While I agree with a good deal of the things said here, I disagree about it being Anti-feminist. Bella had to save him too remember? And besides that, the quote was talking about the baby, not Edward. Otherwise most of this is pretty much true
    November 8th, 2009 at 02:31am
  • rofl he did seem like a major creep and i didn't see love in their relationship it was completely lust on alomst every page of that novel they talked about how beautiful Edward was but they hardly focused on his personality. His character development was poor the only characters that we were able to get a good character development on were Bella and Jacob only because they had first peron point of views and i only say that because in Breaking Dawn Jacob had his own p.o.v other than that everyone had such poor character development yet it was a good storyline. Although i must say i like Buffy the vampire slayer more.
    November 8th, 2009 at 02:19am