The Avatar Syndrome - Comments

  • FrankJScott

    FrankJScott (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    57
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Please try <a href=https://www.google.com/>Google</a> before asking <a href=https://gtafarai.lt/index.php?/forums/topic/865-magic-vs-bulls-preview-nikola-vucevic-performs-from-the-orlando-magic/#comment-10854>Useful Onlne Casino Info</a> e7037f6
    September 29th, 2023 at 04:27am
  • Neuro Dawn

    Neuro Dawn (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    **CONTINUED**
    i made some good points at the end.
    Didn't want them to go to waste as they didn't fit here.

    http://www.tumblr.com/tumblelog/neuro-dawn
    May 3rd, 2011 at 04:02am
  • Neuro Dawn

    Neuro Dawn (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I guess my conclusion is that what hits hard to the people who get negatively effected by this movie is that each animal, insect and tree. (and so on in the world of Pandora).. had a real purpose, a very firm role to play. A specific place in that world where they lived to what there genetics were made for.
    Let's not push aside that our lives don't have purpose or that we don't use our genetics to help us survive in general.

    But let's reflect on the reality of mankind for a second.
    Consider how many people walk around on this earth, feeling like they literally have no purpose in life.
    Other than to be born - go to school - study all the time - get a job - work full time - get married - have kids - retire.
    Most of our time in life is spent working towards a future that isn't even giving us reason to believe it's leading anywhere.. and you know what?
    When people ask themselves "what is even the point/meaning of all the struggle we endure through our modern lives"
    They begin to have a reality check of what the world easily looks past. They start noticing the corruption and conspiracies, the easily preventable wars, the over consumption of pretty much everything, the greed, the profit driven schemes in governments, the media control, the manipulation, unneeded materialistic needs and they ask themselves "how did we get to such a state?"

    and in the world of Pandora, before the humans littered the ground with their military warfare and mindset.
    There was no such thing on that planet as corruption, there wasn't even such a thing as lying. No wars that didn't stand for something important, no over consumption as they respected the world they lived in and only took what they needed. They explained that as borrowing from the energy flow of life and one day they would have to give it back - which then there was a scene of a deceased being buried which indicated what she meant by giving back.
    Now that's a world where everybody would start to know their purpose.

    I watched a documentary about a young lady mid 20's arrived at an isolated island.. and on that island she met a family from a village. this family lived of their island as if they was truly part of it, rather than taking over it. Their society was nothing like the corrupted prejudice world the majority of us live in. Their world was more like Pandora, IE the whole description above. The mother from the family didn't even know of or understand the concept of what stress was.
    After a month i think it was, the lady who visited had to leave the island as she had to travel back home.
    she left that family feeling like she truly belonged there, she left that family like she was turning away from what life was all about.
    She told the lady about how she never had a close relationship with her father or something and the lack of that made her feel like she was forever missing something in her life for years, but when she left that island. That sense of feeling incomplete, had been filled and overflowed in a good way.
    There's a difference between being happy and being soulfully happy. "money can't buy you happiness" simplifies that i guess.

    I could go on for hours, these are just a few perspectives for people to understand if they never got the syndrome.
    It isn't people being overdress or over emotional.
    It's proving that the modern world we live in has been overlooked for too too long. Our species has made bad decisions in it's existence.
    and i guess Pandora is how it's supposed to be.. naturally and carefully balanced. Now do you see why people felt like they was in the wrong world?

    And here i am, an 18 year old kid more aware of life morels than many presumably 'wiser' generations.
    I never allow myself to be naive nor scared of admitting my mistakes.
    There is a difference between learning what you've been told and knowing why you've been told it.
    a very big difference, that's the number one mistake many of us make.
    I wouldn't hesitate to turn my back on this world.
    May 3rd, 2011 at 03:28am
  • Sin D

    Sin D (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with itsKatastrophe a hundred percent.
    June 5th, 2010 at 06:58am
  • Cereal Killer

    Cereal Killer (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I don't think people are dumb for being effected by this movie. The movie was deep and apparently some people had a profound reaction to it. I loved the movie, and loved Pandora, but I can't say going back to real life was depressing. It's just an opinion thing.
    May 9th, 2010 at 10:27am
  • TheRevulsion

    TheRevulsion (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Avatar is the dumbest movie ever.
    People are dumb.. :|
    May 3rd, 2010 at 09:14pm
  • An Awkward Turtle

    An Awkward Turtle (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Canada
    @MySecretIsHidden:

    Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA. People actually KILLED themselves because they believed they were in a hideous world and wanted to live in Pandora?

    Are you serious?! O_O
    April 29th, 2010 at 11:25pm
  • itsKatastrophe.

    itsKatastrophe. (145)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Honestly, this is a bit rediculous. I mean, the world we live in is pathetic, and I would love to live in a beautiful place like Pandora, but at some point, you have to pick up, brush off and move on and make the best of what you have.
    April 8th, 2010 at 02:33am
  • DC_Marvel_Girl

    DC_Marvel_Girl (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I saw the movie and loved it, I can't really understand why people are depressed unless they really believe "our world is dying." The movie was good but it mas mainly "new agey" babble, there really isn't that much to get depressed over. Sure the world is beautiful but it was more dangerous than it would ever be worth to try and live there.
    March 30th, 2010 at 03:49pm
  • Sugar Coated Sarcasm

    Sugar Coated Sarcasm (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Puerto Rico
    I know this might sound cruel and stupid but...hahahaha funny XD
    March 7th, 2010 at 01:32am
  • Shadowheart

    Shadowheart (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    United States
    I thought the movie was great if not a bit long. Pandora does seem amazing and it would be nice to live there but think of how great our world is! Those depressed people should watch Earth by Disney afterward or maybe take a hike in the mountains or forests. Our world is just as amazing. You just need to find those special places.
    March 1st, 2010 at 11:25pm
  • extraordinary_idiot

    extraordinary_idiot (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    37
    Location:
    United States
    Wow, this was a shocking article. I felt the exact opposite after I watched the movie. I felt happy that they had saved their world, and I thought maybe people might be able to learn from the movie and stop harming nature so much. I thing that instead of being all depressed, people should have realized that they don't like the way their world has turned out, and that they should do something about it, to try to somewhat restore it to the way it used to be. There's always hope, after all.
    February 14th, 2010 at 01:00am
  • CircusForLosers.

    CircusForLosers. (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Haven't some people killed themselves because of seeing the bad world we lived him?
    February 7th, 2010 at 02:47pm
  • aluminum foil

    aluminum foil (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I wouldn't count complete boredom of a cliche three hour movie as being suicidal.

    "Oh god, if this movie doesn't get over soon, I'm gonna kill myself."
    or
    "Oh my god I hate my life for going to see this movie."

    Thats not true depression.
    January 30th, 2010 at 05:54am
  • Halii

    Halii (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    the point is, that's what we did have.
    before we wrecked it with technology, we were one with our world too.
    and we could be now, but people seem to think that connection is long gone.
    January 27th, 2010 at 05:15am
  • dreamcatcher;

    dreamcatcher; (255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    New Zealand
    I understand the feeling, I have to say I woke up the next morning thinking how boring life is. But instead of getting sad about it I decided the best thing I could do and the message I could get from the movie was to live life to the full and not let life become boring for me.

    If we look carefully at the Earth, past all the cities and pollution you'll find places just as beautiful as Pandora. I think the message James Cameron was trying to show us was to take care of our world or we'll lose it.

    Being suicidal and depressed over it is taking it a little too far though :/
    January 25th, 2010 at 03:22am
  • squidward tentacles.

    squidward tentacles. (255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    73
    Location:
    United States
    Damn. I'd like to go there too; but for people to actually get dperessed? That's just...creepy.
    January 24th, 2010 at 08:14am
  • SHYLA01

    SHYLA01 (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    I can see what they mean. I mean there is this beautiful world, a world we once had, green beautiful, where we lived off the land, and now we kill it. And seeing this 'perfect world has made some realise what we could have.
    Us as humans were the bad guys, destroying another planet because we destroyed our own...that can be depressing when someone throws it in your face via imagination
    January 23rd, 2010 at 09:10am
  • Spanx.

    Spanx. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Turkey
    It's understandable. I always feel that way about the world. But i don't think you can call that depression. But if they start blaming the movie for that, it will be a little bit pointless. If they can't see the difference between reality and fiction than it's their problem. I think maybe people will see what people made our world into and understand that the world could be a much better place..
    January 22nd, 2010 at 08:59pm
  • Browncoat

    Browncoat (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    ...People take that thread...seriously? D:
    Well, they obviously took CNN seriously...

    Irony!? We do not know the meaning of such a word!
    January 21st, 2010 at 04:02am