Repo Men: Stole A Plot? - Comments

  • soft rains.

    soft rains. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I don't care that they removed a lot of the plot.
    It's still way too similar to Repo! to be a coincidence.
    /enraged
    March 4th, 2010 at 10:40pm
  • Exile

    Exile (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    You saw that too? My friend told me about it a few weeks ago and I was furious. How dare they steal the idea? Horrible.
    March 4th, 2010 at 10:35pm
  • D. Dixon

    D. Dixon (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I knew it! See, I knew I wasn't going crazy. I saw that I was like so angry that the plot was pretty much the exact same thing. Even though the little details like Bling Mag and Shilo are gone, the premise is still the exact same. Totally boycotting Repo Men. Repo! is one of my favorite movies ever and ripping it off is just...no!
    March 4th, 2010 at 10:25pm
  • xXxMaggotxXx

    xXxMaggotxXx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    O.o I didn't know that they were making a 'RepoMen' I'm a huge fan of Repo!....hmm...
    March 4th, 2010 at 09:53pm
  • slowburnbaby

    slowburnbaby (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I really don't think its a complete rip off, liek you said there are similarities to Repo! The Genetic Opera, but this seems to go more in depth with the Repossesions, and the live of a Repossesor(for lack of a better word here) But Nathan in REPO! never needed and Organ. This Repossesor needs an organ, and HE has to fight the system. In my opinion, Repo Men will be as great, if not a bit better then REPO!
    And this comes from a die-hard REPO! fan.
    Like paralizedeyes said, a lot of people don't liek musicals.
    March 4th, 2010 at 09:27pm
  • bethernicks74

    bethernicks74 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    Haha, I remember seeing that on youtube. The trailer for the new Repo movie.

    I haven't even seen Repo! The Genetic Opera, but I work at a video store so I have seen the trailers and all that jazz for it. When I was watching the trailer for the new Repo movie, I thought, "Repo! The Genetic Opera minus the singing?"
    March 4th, 2010 at 08:50pm
  • paralizedeyes

    paralizedeyes (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    the reason it sounds like REPO: genetic opera, is because REPOMEN is based off of that. some people don't like musicals, so this was made
    March 4th, 2010 at 08:49pm
  • clichesneedtodie

    clichesneedtodie (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    I remember seeing the trailer went I went to see... Daybreakers, I think it was. I remember thinking to myself, "why does this seem so much like Repo!". Thank you for writing this.
    March 4th, 2010 at 08:45pm
  • Audrey T

    Audrey T (6730)

    :
    Admin
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    Oh! Thank you for writing this. I saw the commercial for that movie just yesterday and thought to myself, "Well that sounds an awful lot like [b]Repo! The Genetic Opera[/b].
    March 4th, 2010 at 08:23pm