Jamie Lynne Spears Announces Pregnancy - Comments

  • HOLDYOURBREATH!;

    HOLDYOURBREATH!; (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Ireland
    okay.
    I am happy for her. It was her decision. Anyway that's great news for her. But then again I thought she'd know better and not follow on her sister's footsteps at an early age. Especially at 16. I thought it was just stupid. But it was her choice and I have nothing against it. But I just thought, that she might be the different one. I mean like ; I think it's just a trend for the Spears Sisters.
    December 21st, 2007 at 10:35pm
  • Missand

    Missand (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    She's making an adult decision, we shouldn't judge her because of her sisters downfall.
    December 21st, 2007 at 10:33pm
  • Carly.

    Carly. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    That does shock me. It's like...woah.
    But if she's happy that's okay
    :]
    December 21st, 2007 at 05:42pm
  • Laces For Hanging.

    Laces For Hanging. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Well...that kind of shocked me, if I'm bein brutally honest. But it's her choice, so, yeah. Nice to know she wants to keep the baby, that's all.
    December 21st, 2007 at 04:46pm
  • fountainhead

    fountainhead (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Even though I don't approve of Jamie Lynne's choices - she's only human. We all make mistakes, and we all screw up.

    I think Jamie Lynne is smart, and mature beyond her years, and even though she became pregnant, I don't think her show should be pulled off the airways. She obviously isn't anything like her sister.
    December 21st, 2007 at 08:26am
  • breathingXbelieving

    breathingXbelieving (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    I support Jamie Lynn. So what thet Britney is her sister? I hate it when people judge you based on your family members. People compare to my mother all the time, and I'm not going to end up like her. Jamie Lynn is a smart girl, in my observation, and is well of money wise to support a baby. Maybe she's a little young, but at the local high school, there are at least a hundred pregnant teens. Do they get criticized by everybody in the world? No. Why don't people just stick their little noses out of her buisness if they don't support her. She's nothing like her sister, as far as I can tell.
    December 21st, 2007 at 05:33am
  • Emmy-Bear

    Emmy-Bear (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    I agree Jamie Lynn is nothing like her sister. So what that she got pregnant. Everyone mistakes. But look at Jamie Lynn's past. I think this is the first time I have ever seen her in the news because of a choice she has made. Jamie Lynn I believe is nothing like her sister. I also believe that she will be a perfectly fit mother. I mean her boyfriend is still there with her and is wanting to have the baby and not running off. I just think that people should stop judging her because of who her sister is. Jamie Lynn will be just fine. And I think that she is still a great role model to the teen mothers that are still out there. As long as she keeps her responsibilty with her child and doesn't start acting out like her sister, then her future is going to be a good one and that the baby will be taken care of with love from both parents.
    December 21st, 2007 at 01:48am
  • silver shotgun

    silver shotgun (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Paranoia_suxx, I think the legal age is different in each state. Some are set at 16, some 17, some 18. My health teacher last year said it depends on what the state she lives in goes by.
    December 21st, 2007 at 12:07am
  • Lucy In The Sky

    Lucy In The Sky (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Austria
    Oh, so she was "shocked", alright.
    Someone please tell the Spears family that you can get pregnant from sex.
    December 20th, 2007 at 11:45pm
  • paranoia_suxx

    paranoia_suxx (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    i dont get how hes having sex with a minor? isnt 16 the leagal age for sex in usa? so therefore she is leagal. i dont follow the spears family much, as i was never a fan of britany and i havent seen anything with jamie-lynn in. but from what ive heard about britanys parental style, i hope jamie-lynn does a better job!
    December 20th, 2007 at 11:17pm
  • Missand

    Missand (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Personally it's got nothing to do with any of us. I admire her, for keeping the baby.
    Whether we like it or not it happens, just because she is a celeb, her personal life shouldn't be exploited to the rest of the world. It rings bells in my ears, she's made a mistake and she's living with that mistake and hey who knows it may be the best mistake of her life. I support her, I suppoer any young girl who is in a relationship and consented to sex, it isn't the dark ages so why does everyone live like it is?
    December 20th, 2007 at 08:06pm
  • i should

    i should (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    dude hes gonna get arrested and thats just fucked up
    im just sitting here lmfaoat all of this
    December 20th, 2007 at 07:51pm
  • innocent wolves

    innocent wolves (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    84
    Location:
    Norway
    I was kinda shocked tbh, not because she is Britney's sister, but because she is so young. I don't think that becoming pregnant while you're still just a teenager is a good example of a happy situation at all, but as some already have pointed out - there's no need to call it a shame etc. So her mid-teens didn't turn out the way she planned, but it doesn't automatically make it a mistake, and I think it's great that she decides to keep the baby. She can turn this thing around to something positive if she handles this is a sensible way.
    December 20th, 2007 at 05:47pm
  • Trip Fontaine.

    Trip Fontaine. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Australia
    I agree with Sardonic Grin too. One of the nicest people I know got pregnant when she was FIFTEEN and had the baby when she was sixteen, and now the baby is the nicest, cutest, most polite little girl I know. And I wouldn't say she's disappointed the family. Teenagers do occasionally have sex (duh), and anyone who has sex could get pregnant. She did. There's nothing wrong with it.
    December 20th, 2007 at 04:10pm
  • Synyster Lisa

    Synyster Lisa (400)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    Yeah I'm actually shocked when I realize she's only 16. She does sometimes seem to act way beyond her years. I would agree though, I don't see much of a connection between Britney and Jamie.

    It was said somewhere that Jamie didn't even tell Britney. And i was watching TMZ earlier today, and the paparazzi people were the ones telling her that Jamie was pregnant, in which Britney would reply "My sister is not pregnant," even when the reporter said that Jamie said it herself.
    December 20th, 2007 at 02:18pm
  • Jinxeh

    Jinxeh (805)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    Eh, I don't see a connection between Jamie and Britney, on this one - it's just Jamie's unfortunate coincidence that her older sister happens to not be Mother of the Year at the moment, and notoriously so. We shouldn't compare her to Britney just because of this. Hell, my own mother got pregnant with my older brother when she was still in high school, and she turned out just fine - she's a hell of a mother, too. I DON'T agree with a sixteen-year-old getting pregnant, of course, but at least she seems to be handling it maturely, and it appears that she is thinking of her unborn child and what's best for its future. Give her a break.
    December 20th, 2007 at 02:10pm
  • Your Mom

    Your Mom (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    United States
    I was actually hoping Jamie wouldn't turn out like Britney, and she hasn't so far. At least she isn't doing all sorts of outrageous things, and plus she is (at least, as it seems) far more responsible than her sister. I think that she would be a great mother, even IF she is underage. [:
    December 20th, 2007 at 11:13am
  • ShotgunxSinner

    ShotgunxSinner (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    she seems really nice so the baby might just be lucky.
    but 16 is waaaay too young to have a baby i reckon.
    December 20th, 2007 at 10:44am
  • Synyster Lisa

    Synyster Lisa (400)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    And I would have to agree with Sardonic Grin. I doubt Jamie Lynne was trying to get pregnant. She said that even she was shocked to find out the news. I actually give her respect for choosing to keep it though. When I first heard about her pregnancy, I did say with sarcasm "Oh what nice role models young girls have these days" but I had some realizations, just like with what Sardonic Grin said. And I actually think she could be a good mom. She can't, and I think she really shouldn't, be compared at all to Britney.
    December 20th, 2007 at 10:35am
  • Synyster Lisa

    Synyster Lisa (400)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    the.Wicked.end Yeah here in the states it would be considered statutory rape. The age to be considered an adult here is 18. So she would still be considered a minor, and with hiim being an adult, yeah there's a possibility people could go after him for statutory rape.
    December 20th, 2007 at 10:31am