Quizilla's Losses are Twitter's Gains - Comments

  • carrotpig

    carrotpig (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    Now THIS is what I call "Quizilla-gate" considering everything is getting deleted. But anyway I'm really disappointed, I was slowly moving my stuff over to Mibba, and have barely gotten anything moved :/

    The worst part is, even if our stuff does eventually get replaced and the bug gets fixed, it won't be for a long, long time even if it did ever happen.
    July 10th, 2011 at 12:32pm
  • BillieJoesGirl01

    BillieJoesGirl01 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    I just signed onto Quizilla today. I did have three in progress stories that I worked really hard on. I checked and there was only ONE chapter per story. I was sooo mad...I was able to save one story because I just started it. I immediately came on here and put the saved story on here...thank the lord for Mibba :))
    July 10th, 2011 at 08:17am
  • xfireflyx

    xfireflyx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Canada
    I think I'm a little late to the game on this, but ehh. My stories were deleted within the past few days on Quizilla. I used to write as kikASSbabe, and when I went back to move my stuff, I was so angry to see every single story - R rated or not - was gone. Sent a message into the staff and am hoping for a reply back, but it seems unlikely. It's ridiculous.
    July 8th, 2011 at 04:18am
  • Little Miss Zacky V.

    Little Miss Zacky V. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    Thats why I got on mibba. One of my favorite authors in the world got her story deleted without warning and now she can't get it back. I hope she gets enough of it so she posts it on here because I was about to post Whatsername on there.
    I'm so sorry for your story dipema. That's really sucks :/
    March 9th, 2011 at 04:08am
  • mercuryskullbunny

    mercuryskullbunny (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    37
    Location:
    United States
    Wait, where did you find out that they were "sweeping" the site?

    I've had a story posted there for years and found out last year that half of it was gone. When I sent a note to the staff about it and got a response, all they said was that they can't restore content and they didn't know why it happened.

    If they really are going around deleting stories, and I find out that one of them was mine, then they'll definitely be hearing from me.

    Please let me know where you find out about the "sweeping."
    January 20th, 2011 at 07:57am
  • Monisaylor

    Monisaylor (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I love how MTV is taking down anything not rated "G", yet they have Jersey Shore, 16 and Pregnant, and Teen Mom on their channel programming...
    January 15th, 2011 at 07:58am
  • whatsmyusername?

    whatsmyusername? (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United States
    I love Quizzy, I really do, but I hated it when it went through that freakin' faze!!! They don't relate at all, MTV and Quzilla!!!
    December 19th, 2010 at 03:57am
  • Sin D

    Sin D (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I used Quizilla when I was younger and first exploring my writing but Quizilla has been changing nonstop since then. I prefer mibba though, more experienced writers and you don't have to go through all the garbage to get to the good stuff.
    December 6th, 2010 at 11:35pm
  • ddc32997

    ddc32997 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    i started using quizilla over summer time this year and i honestly can say that i might give it up for mibba.i have written five stories on it and one of them got taken down completly.
    November 18th, 2010 at 12:53am
  • Fortune.

    Fortune. (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I think it was so much better before they revamped it. After that, people, including me, transfered here. They might as well just cancel the website.
    October 1st, 2010 at 10:09pm
  • IheartA7x

    IheartA7x (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Ireland
    Quizilla sucks.
    Half of the stories suck too, 12 year olds should not attempt to write stories when they haven't even learned sentence structure in school.
    I browse through hundreds of stories trying to find a decent one, and find NONE.
    I don't even go on there, kids are getting worse and worse at writing.
    September 23rd, 2010 at 07:57pm
  • Skela_chibi

    Skela_chibi (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Puerto Rico
    My very first fanfic that i wrote on quizilla got deleted but MTV was kinda rude who said good luck re-writing againg to that quizillan (i forgot her name) But i also feel bad for those who made a lot hard work making fan fic on that site
    September 17th, 2010 at 10:50pm
  • kariajaderose

    kariajaderose (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I have been a Quizilla user since 6th grade, I still get on... but I was quick to change to mibba when the site went to shit a few years ago. everyone refures to quizillians by time on the site, Original quizilla users and the freshies I being a original having been on to the site for five or four years am very angry. by the way they treat users. I sent a message about a glitch a year ago and never got a response they are irresponsible and rude!
    September 16th, 2010 at 05:26am
  • One Amahira

    One Amahira (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    39
    Location:
    United States
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am convinced Viacom/MTV bought Quizilla with the intent of killing it and funneling users to their own sites. Apparently though they didn't realize their sites have nothing to offer displaced Quizillians.

    I, for one, put a lot of thought into make quiz-stories and their stupid character limit for the new quiz editor ruined it . So I've spent the past two years working with my husband and sister to make a new site writing site with a quiz editor like the old Quizilla's.
    September 15th, 2010 at 10:38pm
  • glowsticksx

    glowsticksx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    I'm so glad I got all my stuff off before this happened.
    September 15th, 2010 at 06:58am
  • Indigo Umbrella

    Indigo Umbrella (215)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    37
    Location:
    United States
    Did they really say you had to write only "G" rated stuff? Because I never heard that and I don't think I've ever written anything entirely "G" rated. I've switched to Mibba but I still have my old stuff up on Quizilla, and I still post there too. I've just started posting on both. I didn't have the heart to give up on it completely. Though I always hated that they got rid of the rating system. And all the crap in the background takes a toll on my computer.
    September 14th, 2010 at 10:40pm
  • Pokemon Master.

    Pokemon Master. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Quizilla has been bleh for years. I was a member until they did their big site turn over in late 2007, which is whenIi joined Mibba. This really shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. When they totally redid the site they took away the rateing system and said you were only supposed to write G rated stories. Everyone was pissed and moved to Mibba, and this is all the way back in 2007! Really they own the site they make the rules, it isn't taking away your freedom of speech, don't like it, don't use the site, simple as that.
    September 13th, 2010 at 06:54am
  • BunniWhabbit555

    BunniWhabbit555 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I deleted my Quizilla account (actually, I asked a moderator to do so, since the delete account button doesn't work). EVERY SINGLE DAY Quizilla goes to this page at least once- it'll say server not found. Do they care about their site? I'm serious, because... they don't act like it...
    September 12th, 2010 at 02:07am
  • Farce.

    Farce. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Quizilla practically had the liberty to do what they wanted when people checked the terms and condition box. I sort of understood where they're coming from. They should have sent a notice in advance.
    September 9th, 2010 at 01:58am
  • ZombieBunnyKILL

    ZombieBunnyKILL (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    ... People are still on Quizilla? O_O
    September 6th, 2010 at 02:30am