Commercialism And Mainstream Rock - Comments

  • The Way

    The Way (1400)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    17
    Location:
    Philippines
    They've changed, but they're still the same.
    Who they were and who they are saved and are saving my life, and nothing's going to make me forget that.
    Wish all you want but you're not getting them back, because change is inevitable.
    In music, in people, in life.
    Fame is not the only variable in that area.
    And it would be quite unfair to the bands that their old albums were the best and they're never gonna top that, because they're striving to grow and become better not only to express themselves, but to help people, spread a message, make a difference.
    February 20th, 2008 at 05:39pm
  • Audrey T

    Audrey T (6730)

    :
    Admin
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with the Anthem. People, in general, change. You can't expect a band to sound the same in their third album as they did in their first. As people they evolved and it makes sense that as a band they would evolve too. Alot of people love these bands because their music is from the heart and it reflects their life. Well their lives have changed. Get used to it.
    February 17th, 2008 at 07:30am
  • The Anthem

    The Anthem (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    I think that's the point.
    You see a great band, grow up and get what they deserve, then they change.
    I think MCR's first two albums were amazing,
    But The Black Parade launched them into billions of fans.
    The one's who think The Black Parade is there debut album can make it more special for the ones who still listen to the other two.
    And I don't think it's the mainstream that causes it.
    I bet you've known someone for a long time, who ended up changing.
    It's life, fame or not.
    February 12th, 2008 at 12:24am
  • M451n

    M451n (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I can't give you an in-depth comment, but I do miss Bullets and Revenge. I don't want to say they sold-out, but everyhting is The Black Parade. Half the kids I know think it's their debut album. I'm just saying I agree wtih you! Should've just said that at the beginning. Anyway, yeah. good article!
    February 11th, 2008 at 02:26am
  • The Lovecraft

    The Lovecraft (500)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Romania
    I think you're right.
    All this fame, over-the-night fortune and celebrity, and this whole mass of fans...
    I also do think that bands can't really save lives. C'mon. When you're really so down that you're about to push that damn trigger, you won't fuckin' care about how sweet Gerard looks, or what the lyrics of Green Day are saying. You'll care that you cannot take it anymore and no music will save your ass.
    If you think a band saved you from suicide, you're wrong. You saved yourself, because you didn't wanna die. If you're 'thinking' to kill yourself at 13 and there are thousands of people your age doing much worse, than you're a fake. End.
    February 9th, 2008 at 08:22pm
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I have a question for Kelsey: Who says that they care what they say?
    February 8th, 2008 at 01:14pm
  • XxKelsey_RosexX

    XxKelsey_RosexX (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I can't wait to see what MCR has planned for their next album. The Black Parade was a good album and I agree that they have changed. I only like a few Songs off TBP. I miss it when MCR didn't care about what they say, they have changed too much. But I think their next album will be big
    February 7th, 2008 at 05:04pm
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    And it's also their choice to do what they do. No band can save your life, I'm sorry. I have no faith in Green Day left. You'll catch me listening to them still, but I don't believe they'll ever make a new album. They've turned into cowards. That's the way I see it. And who gives a crap about what the bands "image" is. Jeeze, the band chooses it. My Chemical Romance isn't even that amazing anyway.
    But this is just me, I can only speak for myself. :]
    February 6th, 2008 at 01:00pm
  • Superhero.

    Superhero. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    I can see where you're coming from, but I think they grew up alot for The Black Parade.
    I would say more but I have to go :)
    February 5th, 2008 at 08:20pm