Ian Watkins to Be Put Behind Bars - Comments

  • FrankJScott

    FrankJScott (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    57
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Please try <a href=https://www.google.com/>Google</a> before asking <a href=https://foro-canaima.softwarelibre.gob.ve/viewtopic.php?p=99#p99>Updated Onlne Casino Info</a> 6ca5b8b
    September 29th, 2023 at 06:45am
  • LadyLavellan

    LadyLavellan (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    This just makes me ill. I used to love this band and I thought Ian was just the cutest thing around and a great singer, but this? This is just horrible. I have a two year old son and a two month old son and I couldn't even begin to imagine what those mothers were thinking letting that shit happen to their kids. I would have killed him myself if those were my babies he was doing that too. He should have the shit kicked out of him while he's in prison.
    January 5th, 2014 at 10:15am
  • Vampyris

    Vampyris (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    @ SoDarkAndCold

    Agreed
    December 28th, 2013 at 08:42pm
  • LookingForSophie

    LookingForSophie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ Lesbianwooman
    i'm sorry if what I said offended you, it wasn't meant in a homophobic way. I just meant it in the way that neither are particularly understood, and while I agree there is NOTHING wrong with being homosexual and everything wrong with being a paedophile, what I actually meant was we don't know what causes either. What I meant was understanding either of them wouldn't necessarily be able to 'cure' them. (Not my argument but the argument of many homophobes and religious sects.) I was very drunk when I made the comment and probably didn't explain what I meant very well at all.
    December 27th, 2013 at 10:53pm
  • A Decade in the Sun

    A Decade in the Sun (320)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ Lesbianwooman
    I'm really sorry for what you've been through. We've resolved that comparison as it was just a drunken remark. If it caused you any offence, I'm very sorry.
    What I'm trying to say is; if we could treat paedophiles and offer them help, it lower the amount of victims significantly. So, if more research was done and were shown it's okay to try and get help, we might save lives before their attraction gets out of hand.
    December 27th, 2013 at 08:10am
  • Lesbianwooman

    Lesbianwooman (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    The people here that are saying that we need to basically protects pedophiles and "find a cure", stfu. What we need to do is protect the children and victims of these horrible people. When I was younger(10 or 11), I was almost abducted by a man. I was lucky enough to have escaped and reported him to the police, but a lot of children aren't. If there was someone with a gun and one bullet, I'd be hell of a lot more likely to jump in front of it for a child than a pedophile. They're sick.
    December 27th, 2013 at 04:20am
  • Lesbianwooman

    Lesbianwooman (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ enemies.
    Im sorry but you CANT compare gay people to pedophiles. Gay people have nothing to do with this topic. What you're saying is completely vulger. Homosexuality is a natural SEXUALITY. Pedophilia is not. There's nothing linking the two.
    December 27th, 2013 at 04:14am
  • A Decade in the Sun

    A Decade in the Sun (320)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ Jenni
    There's no cure full stop. There's a very slim chance he can be rehabilitated and controlled. It's easy to see Ian is psychopathic, and he's probably suffering with a whole heard of other disorders (such as ADD - he is easily bored.) You could argue he is not a paedophile and just psychopathic - because he does not fit the profile (low IQ, small build, poor social skills, low self esteem.). There isn't really any way of knowing what was going on inside his head all the time.
    December 25th, 2013 at 01:27pm
  • Jenni

    Jenni (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ enemies.
    he wasn't just a paedophile, though. He abused, and forced drugs, too. There is no cure for a monster like him.
    December 25th, 2013 at 01:03pm
  • A Decade in the Sun

    A Decade in the Sun (320)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ LookingForSophie
    It was pretty horrific when she went. Mark was a man you'd pass in the street and smile at. I don't support paedophiles (just to clear that up!) but there is still a lot to be understood about them, and homosexuals. I think most people don't think gays need to be cured, and paedophiles are just considered monsters with no psycholoical reason.
    December 25th, 2013 at 11:55am
  • LookingForSophie

    LookingForSophie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ enemies.
    That makes sense then. We don't really experience anything like that around here, least not publicly, but I know several people who've experienced paedopilia. And the attitude I have towards that is very similar to the attitude where I live to homosexuality which sucks because they don't even compare. Being gay doesn't hurt anyone but people here are stupid.
    December 25th, 2013 at 10:13am
  • A Decade in the Sun

    A Decade in the Sun (320)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ LookingForSophie
    That's okay, I understood what you meant. I live in the North of Wales and no one cares about anything to be honest. I'm from the same area as April Jones, attitudes towards paedophilia are very strong here too.
    December 25th, 2013 at 06:17am
  • LookingForSophie

    LookingForSophie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ enemies.
    Oh God sorry I'm really drunk and if I came across homophobic I'm really sorry, but that's really not what I meant!!! I promise. However, I do disagree about public attitude towards them. I mean I have no idea about where in the UK you live, but where I live I'm one of the very few to defend Gay rights and in fact I've been disgraced by the fact not only my classmates being homophobic, but teachers as well. The attitudes towards them are very similar to attitudes towards paedophilia. There is a lot of uncertainty around both. I'm not comparing them in the sense that I think they're the same thing, I just mean they're both areas where there isn't much understanding, and while it's fine to say understanding things would change them it's actually really unlikely it would.
    December 25th, 2013 at 01:01am
  • A Decade in the Sun

    A Decade in the Sun (320)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ LookingForSophie
    Paedophilia could possibly be something an individual is born with. It could possibly be the result of a head injury as a child. Because we don't know where it starts - we can't say when an individual develops these desires. For all you know, he could've been suppressing his problems since he knew what sex really is. Where the abuse starts doesn't pinpoint the beginning of the desires and thoughts. Comparing homosexuals and paedophiles is just wrong. Public attitudes towards both are very, very different. Paedophiles can actually hurt the ones presumed to be the most innocent in society. Gays are just a shelf to dump the blame on for many people. Although they are pretty much the same kind of thing, the differences between social attitudes makes the incomparable. Gays don't need to be treated, it's natural - paedophiles do.
    December 24th, 2013 at 11:25pm
  • LookingForSophie

    LookingForSophie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ enemies.
    Have you watched interviews with him from years ago? Have you seen reports from other women? Or from his ex? a friend of mine was dating him when she was 15 and he was just weird. He made no desire to supress his desires. They got gradually worse but he didn't supress them. I understand more research needs to be done. I don't dispute that. However, that's like saying if you understood homosexuals there would be less of them. That might not necessarily be the case. In fact it probably won't. And like you've said many of them manage to control those desires so those who don't belong in proson
    December 24th, 2013 at 10:03pm
  • A Decade in the Sun

    A Decade in the Sun (320)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ LookingForSophie
    There wouldn't be as many victims if research hadn't started just nine years ago. And how can a paedophile get help? Treatments have been almost completely unsuccessful so far. A paedophile can't just go to a psychiatrist or a doctor - because they have a duty to report then if they believe their health or the health of others is in danger. Saying that all paedophiles belong in prison is assuming they all act upon their desires. A paedophile is not a person who molests a child, but one who has a sexual attraction to children. Some of them can repress it and fight it. I believe Ian truly tried to repress this, but anyone who's ever had to fight themselves knows how difficult it is. I believe he just simply gave up struggling.
    December 24th, 2013 at 12:41pm
  • LookingForSophie

    LookingForSophie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ enemies.
    Yeah it is an illness. It can be controlled by castration and drugs. Being a Psychopath is a mental illness. Almost all serious criminals have SOME mental illness. Just because it's a mental illness doesn't mean you aren't aware of what you are doing. They know there is something wrong with them, and yet none of them seem to try and get help for themselves, instead they hurt others. It's not as simple as it being a mental illness, and just because it is a mental illness doesn't mean that they don't belong in prison. Work on fiding a cure, sure but the priority right now is the victims and the victims getting justice.
    December 24th, 2013 at 12:06pm
  • A Decade in the Sun

    A Decade in the Sun (320)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Paedophilia is a mental illness. Maybe - instead of obsessing over how sick and messed up he is - we can strive to find a treatment that will actually work. The UK is going on and on about how we are failing our children, when it's really obvious why. Most of these Yewtree paedos (Ian wasn't caught under Yewtree btw) are from the 70's, when no one knew anything about paedophilia. I really think we should stop obsessing over te crimes and actually try and work out where this is coming from and get them help. I know it's highly unlikely it can be "cured" but it can be controlled. The only way to secure the safe future is to work with paedophiles and make it easy for them to get treatment. Right now, it's impossible.
    December 24th, 2013 at 11:30am
  • Pidgin

    Pidgin (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    Australia
    I'm going to say this from experience - we should consider ourselves lucky that he even got a sentence. Of course, I agree that he should be in there for longer. I believe that even life wouldn't be long enought for him. In my case, the offender wasn't even charged, because they can't take evidence from one minor in court, so I'm living with simply knowing that he knows that my family are aware of what happened. Fortunately for these kids, they'll have protection and a certain peace of mind as they grow older and come to terms with what has happened to them.
    December 24th, 2013 at 04:02am
  • LookingForSophie

    LookingForSophie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ house of cards.

    @ Distraction_Fox
    But that being said it is a prison that holds a lot of paedophiles so he might not necessarily be isolated for the whole time. They can't isolate everyone of them. I know he's a spcial case, but the prison is for all the high profile cases in the UK. Also don't see why he's on suicide watch. He's a narcisist he's highly unlikely to kill himself. He views himself as some kind of God. He's said as much himself, and to kill himself would be an act of weakness. I highly doubt he'd do it.
    December 24th, 2013 at 01:16am