Ian Watkins to Be Put Behind Bars - Comments

  • SoDarkAndCold

    SoDarkAndCold (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    he needs fucking put down
    December 24th, 2013 at 12:51am
  • nearly witches.

    nearly witches. (15250)

    :
    Admin
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ Distraction_Fox
    I think that's what'll end up happening. As far as I'm led to believe, he'll end up in complete social confinement with no one to speak to. I'm almost positive that any guards he sees won't either, judging by what my uncle says at times.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 09:14pm
  • Distraction_Fox

    Distraction_Fox (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ house of cards.
    I don't think he should be murdered... just beaten around a bit. But unfortunately, I agree and doubt they'll put him anywhere near the inmates :/ they'd get too much backlash if he ended up with his pretty face broken and a few ribs shattered.
    Hope they leave him in there to rot. No interaction with other people that includes conversations of any social level, no entertainment. Just leave him to fester from the inside.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 09:11pm
  • nearly witches.

    nearly witches. (15250)

    :
    Admin
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ Distraction_Fox
    He was on suicide watch before the trial, so that doesn't surprise me. I doubt he'll be put in with the majority though. Add onto how severe the beatings / whatever else he would get the fact that he's a celebrity and I don't think the other inmates will get near him which I think, however ridiculous, might prevent someone going down for murder. I hate the man with every fibre of my body, but I definitely don't think he deserves to be murdered. Much better to be locked up for the rest of his natural life than to die.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 08:15pm
  • Distraction_Fox

    Distraction_Fox (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @house of cards.
    True, I heard he's going into a Lector type cell at first so he can be observed at all times to make sure he doesn't kill himself. It's a maximum security place so he's not going to be having much fun; honestly I know some of the guards and I wouldn't be surprised if they turned their backs while he was with the other inmates just to get what's coming to him - most of the inmates are pedos but they don't take kindly to ones who even attempt to rape babies or boys.
    He'll be lucky if he's in one piece by the time he can even dream of parole.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 08:11pm
  • nearly witches.

    nearly witches. (15250)

    :
    Admin
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ HerNameIsAlice
    The only problem with life is that it's probably a lesser sentence than he actually got. Life never means life, which is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

    @ ptvjaime
    I think we do as well but in this case, I don't think they could have kept him out. It was such a public case and such a disgusting one that there would have been public uproar if he'd have been let off with a fine or something. Especially considering the charges that he admitted to.

    @ brxndneweyes
    Thing is, people listening to the music still are being had a go at. I'm not going to stop listening to them because hey, they were (and still re to an extent) one of my favourite bands. Lostprophets is not Ian Watkins, so I don't get when people are having a go for just listening. It is a shame that they won't be played on radio and I totally agree about the fans thing - it's a massive amount of time to build up that role-model status to have that completely destroyed.

    @ KatieElliot
    He more than likely will. Britain has a habit of putting child sex offenders away in solitary confinement because they know that he'd get a hard time of it. Combine that with the fact that he's a celebrity and you'll more than likely find that he'll be kept well out of the way of harm.

    @ Pray For Daylight
    There were rumours circulating for years about him travelling on his own and being weird so I don't think they can be blamed for not knowing if that is true (which I believe because I don't know one person that would willingly cover up that sort of thing, especially taking into account the fact that one or two of the LP guys have kids). I definitely agree though, I don't understand the mindset of someone who would willingly do that or subject their kids to that. I just don't get it at all.

    @ Distraction_Fox
    He's a child sex offender though, they do take every precaution to make sure he's not in any danger (often through solitary confinement). To be fair though, I don't think it's the other prisoners he has to watch out for. My uncle works as a prison guard and he says that not even the guards watch what they are doing around people like that. In all honestly, I'm glad he's going to somewhere hard-hitting because our local has access to the likes of Xbox and Playstations. I don't think that'd be a punishment, locked in solitary confinement with those to keep you entertained.

    I'm the same, I feel so sorry for the other guys. They've effectively lost their livelihood. They'll get a bunch of money through PRS, but the days of performing live and everything are over and they'll probably always be known as the guys from that band that the paedophile fronted. I just hope they can (if they even want to) get back into the music scene without any prejudices against them because it wasn't their fault at all.

    @ serendipity;
    I was a big fan when I was like...13/14 and I'm absolutely disgusted that someone I used to look up to would do something like this. I hope he gets what he deserves as well but honestly, with the British justice / prison service being the way it is, he'll probably live a relatively cushy life for being imprisoned.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 07:22pm
  • serendipity;

    serendipity; (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    This is so sickening. I never listened to that band, but I am just absolutely sickened that someone would do that to children. I hope he gets what he deserves in prison.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 06:57pm
  • Distraction_Fox

    Distraction_Fox (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    He's coming to Wakefield prison - so if anyone thinks he's getting the easy way off not getting killed you're wrong. He's in for worse if he's not watched carefully.
    He deserves everything he gets in there.

    I do feel bad for his band mates though.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 06:43pm
  • billywillyhargrove

    billywillyhargrove (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    God, this is so sick. And all of his band-mates said they had no clue about his behavior. It's just incredibly odd to me that there are people out there who would actually do this and then there are mothers who are willing to do it as well. It's sickening to even think about, honestly.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 05:45pm
  • KatieElliot

    KatieElliot (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I don't expect he'll get an easy time of it if the other inmates have anything to do with it
    December 23rd, 2013 at 02:48pm
  • HerNameIsAlice

    HerNameIsAlice (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    76
    Location:
    United States
    @ LookingForSophie
    That's disgusting.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 05:46am
  • fifthghost

    fifthghost (655)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    This is so upsetting. Doesn't really feel real, like he would actually do that. I don't know, it's just so strange. And I feel so, so bad for people that love and look up to him, and for the band. That's a huge chunk of their lives just gone. Their music won't ever be heard on the radio again.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 05:39am
  • fifthghost

    fifthghost (655)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    @ castiel's vessel
    I just wanna contribute to say that the women weren't named to try and protect the identities of their children rather than them.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 05:37am
  • LookingForSophie

    LookingForSophie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ castiel's vessel
    I disagree that it should be reintroduced. It doesn't lower crime rate at all, and mostly you are just punishing the criminals family. However, I do believe our prison system is shit and definitely not tough enough for people like him. He should be in prison for the rest of his life and he shouldn't have an easy time of it at all.

    @ HerNameIsAlice
    No, it's really different all over the world. England's justice system is shit. You murder someone and you're out in a couple years. Do you know about the Jamie Bulger case? A little boy was mudered by two other young boys. The boys were arrested and taken to some facility as they were too young to go to prison, then when they were old enough they gave them new identities. One of the men, Jon Venables, got arrested for having child porn and othe things, he was arrested, spent a couple years in prison, then got released and then yet again he was found with child porn on his computer and yet again he was given a new identity.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 05:17am
  • ptvjaime

    ptvjaime (1600)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    @ HerNameIsAlice The only thing we'd have done was publish the names of the mothers in our tabloids
    December 23rd, 2013 at 04:49am
  • HerNameIsAlice

    HerNameIsAlice (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    76
    Location:
    United States
    @ ptvjaime
    Oh my god. 100% agree.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 04:45am
  • ptvjaime

    ptvjaime (1600)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    At least he's in prison. America has a strange habit of keeping its celebrities and athletes out of prison no matter what the charges are.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 04:16am
  • Mr. Darcy

    Mr. Darcy (16090)

    :
    Article Editor
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    @ LookingForSophie
    I agree. What the mothers did was worse and they too deserve to be named and shamed but unfortunately our country believes in protecting people like them.

    If I'm honest people like him and the mothers deserve death and I certainly am not the only person in this country that believes the death sentence should be re-introduced into the legal system.

    @ HerNameIsAlice
    Yeah. 25 years is only a quarter of a lifetime in a way and it's pathetic that this country will not pass sentences of actual life. They use the term "life" just to make it seem like a look time but in reality it's a pathetic amount of time for such heinous crimes.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 03:12am
  • HerNameIsAlice

    HerNameIsAlice (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    76
    Location:
    United States
    @ Deus Ex Machina
    That doesn't feel enough.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 02:17am
  • HerNameIsAlice

    HerNameIsAlice (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    76
    Location:
    United States
    @ LookingForSophie
    Really? I thought that prison charges were the same everywhere. Besides the countries and states that do still death row or execution.
    December 23rd, 2013 at 02:17am