Hello? Sex Ed Are You There? - Comments

  • kurt hummel

    kurt hummel (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    We don't get taught what could happen if we have sex, they basically tell us not to have sex. I think they should teach what could happen because we've already had two pregnant girls in the eigth grade alone, plus one in seventh. In the High School last school year we had like nine pregnant girls.

    That could be prevented if the schoo board could take some money from the oh so sacrid sports fund and put it in to sex ed and condoms in the office.
    July 11th, 2008 at 07:37pm
  • SaigoNoKotoba

    SaigoNoKotoba (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Finally someone agrees with me! My father wouldn't let my sister take the class because he said that he thought everyone was to immature to pay attention but some people remember even if they were acting immature it'll save people from STD's,abortion, and adoption. Most schools now believe put fear and nothing else but what about the people who are interested and want to know but how are embrassed to ask there parents. Also putting fear on a teenager is the wrong way to go since they're in the angel wanting to rebel they'll just want to have sex more.
    July 11th, 2008 at 07:34pm
  • Edward Cullen14

    Edward Cullen14 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I totally agree with this article, I am like this persons sister. I just finished middle school, and am heading off for High school. But, I dont think they should take sex ed away.

    It is a perfect way to show kids the dangers of sexual intercourse at our age, and the things you go through. Example could get STD's.

    But at my middle school, or at all, it was manditory for the last two weeks that we learn about sex ed. And im glad we had it, because we were able to ask questions, we never thought we would be able to ask.

    It showed us the STD's and such first hand. In graphic pictures. (And boy it wasnt pretty) No, there were no condoms, but us learning more about the boy and girl body parts(Which im not going into, wrong moment) is a great thing.

    So many questions, and so many answered with that class, if it werent for the class, more kids would have sex. But I know for a fact, sex ed has changed lives of alot of kids, and I think they should defintely keep it.

    Think in high school. Where the most pregnecys take affect. And std's and so on. So yes, they should 110% keep that class.
    July 11th, 2008 at 07:15pm
  • twitches

    twitches (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    at my elemantary, they didn't call is sex ed, they called it something else but i only remembered we called it HS. from grade 4 and up, we learned it with the guys. sure, it was awkward, but you had to admit, it was kind of useful when you got older. younger people are not gonna know anything about STD's or what happens when this happens, that happens.
    July 11th, 2008 at 07:09pm
  • StephanieLynn

    StephanieLynn (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    It's mandatory at our school. You have to take it for a quarter (cause it's actually a health class) during your sophomore year. That's when I learned about all those things. 5th grade, boys and girls were in a different room. 6th or 7th grade, I can't remember which, we were in the same room.
    No matter how much I didn't like the class (more so because I ended up with no friends in that class) I'm still glad I took it.
    And is it strange that the day we talked about the male body the boys were far more immature than the next day when we talked about the felame body? Maybe it was just because there were 20-some of us and 6 were girls... not cool.
    July 11th, 2008 at 06:53pm
  • SkeeSkee

    SkeeSkee (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    Well we started to learn these things in Elementary school. 5th Grade. But it was mostly Pads, menstration. Female video for girls, male videos for boys. Then girls watch boy video and giggle boys watch girls video and giggle. Then in six grade we do the same thing again girls and boys seperate. Then in 7th grade girls and boys stay together (and their really nasty about it too. YOUR GONNA BE TOGETHER GET OVER YOURSELVES). Same thing in 8th, but it is not as big of a deal to be in the same room with the opposite sex. Then 9th grade Health and that fun stuff. The end. And then half the girls in my school get pregnant two years later. No joke.
    July 11th, 2008 at 06:39pm
  • crys

    crys (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    my friend nevr had sex ed and she did noe about sex and how to use a condom but she was never on the pill and now shes 17 abd the proud mother of a beautiful 15 month old baby girl.
    July 11th, 2008 at 06:30pm
  • Allie Ahmazing

    Allie Ahmazing (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Most people all ready know that stuff by the time we reach high school.

    It should be like a week long class where you get out of p.e. for it or something.
    July 11th, 2008 at 05:58pm
  • wx12

    wx12 (10125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    a very important subject to write about. Nice article =]
    July 11th, 2008 at 05:46pm
  • Zed

    Zed (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    They don't do Sex. Ed until year 11 at our school. The year you leave. I mean, they do stuff about menstruation in Bio in year 8, but that's it. Maybe it's because of the whole Catholic morals and stuff, but still.
    They should do it earlier. I'm in Year 9, and to be quite honest, a large part of my year is sexually active. They aren't going to learn anything from their parents. They need some info from someone else...
    July 11th, 2008 at 05:43pm
  • rachelmarie93

    rachelmarie93 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    should NOT restrain**
    July 11th, 2008 at 05:25pm
  • rachelmarie93

    rachelmarie93 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    im a little dissapointed in the curriculum of my schools health classes but not nearly as much as if they didnt teach sex ed. all together. they dont talk about oral sex, masterbation, or anal sex because it is considered 'unatural' but considering that its there... in my opinion they should restrain discussion of those topics. but no sex. ed all together is just wrong. my county does a great job of making everybody scared of sex by showing pictures of each STD and the long term effects. believe me...it is NOT plesant.
    July 11th, 2008 at 05:24pm
  • LiL_McR_FaN

    LiL_McR_FaN (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Our school teached sex ed but not much information on contraception. I'm still too scared to even ask for a condom card let alone discuss sexual heath.
    July 11th, 2008 at 04:57pm
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    At my school it is also called Health. We were allowed to talk about Anal and Oral sex but not Masturbation. Which baffles me because is there really any better way to not get an STD or preggers (to put a more light spin on it) than to do it yourself while satifying your disires.
    They say they want us to be safe, but they aren't teaching us how. It's (in lack of a better and less offensive term) retarded.
    July 11th, 2008 at 04:50pm
  • Spaztastic

    Spaztastic (640)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    No Sex Ed? O.o My school includes it in Health (which is the majority of that class anyway), which all Sophomores have to take in order to graduate. No Health, no diploma. Meaning, I'll take it second semester next year since I have Driver's Ed first. I think it's important and all kids need to take. Obviously it's needed or else so many people wouldn't be getting diseases or pregnant when they didn't want to. It shouldn't be taken away since people are immature about it. If they are, you send them down to the deans but still give them the work so they at least learn. I think it's a little easier to talk about that stuff in a group rather one-on-one with your mom (I figure girls would rather talk to their mom) or dad.
    July 11th, 2008 at 04:24pm
  • Dexter Morgan

    Dexter Morgan (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    i think sex ed should be optional. some people might not want to hear all of that, and maybe thier parents feel the same way. it should be the parents that talk to kids about sex. not a school.
    July 11th, 2008 at 04:00pm
  • i.like.butter.toast

    i.like.butter.toast (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    We just do it once or not at all every year because apparently 'people are too immature about it'.

    I mean, I suspect some people learn more from 'slash' fics than they do from their actual classes.

    It's rediculous!
    July 11th, 2008 at 03:10pm
  • SkeeSkee

    SkeeSkee (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    Well at my school it isn't called sex ed. We call it health. That class give you a low down about everything. You can learn CPR. There are a lot of units you learn about in that class. When we started the sex unit there were three subject we weren't allowed to dicuss. Masturbation, Oral sex, and Anal sex. (wonder why? *rolls eyes*)
    July 11th, 2008 at 02:53pm
  • Emmy-Bear

    Emmy-Bear (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    I believe that it should be mandatory in all schools to have a sex ed class. The school that graduated from had sex ed that you took as a freshman. The year I went move up to sophomore they decided to take away that class. So as my sister and her friends prepare to go into high school and knowing what they had to face with peer pressure I sat them down and taught them everything I learned in class because it's vital that all teens should know everything about sex, protection and the chance of getting a disease. Sex Ed is important and needs to be mandatory.
    July 11th, 2008 at 12:41pm