Best Foods to Keep Your Skin Healthy

With growing up comes physical and emotional changes. Throughout puberty, you might find yourself in a daily battle against acne, acne scars, skin spots, and stretch marks. Combating these enemies against your body is something most teenagers may struggle with, but by doing something as natural as eating (yes, eating! Something all teenagers – especially me – love to do) can help you rid yourself of these things.

Almonds

This super nut is full of vitamin e, which helps you to actually combat aging, and is usually put into lotions and moisturizers. Applying moisturizer before applying makeup protects your face from the harshness of the makeup and helps your skin stay younger, longer! For those of you suffering from stretch marks (I myself have tons, and know that this is mainly a problem for girls), applying a vitamin e cream or oil to the affected area helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks. No need for the Fountain of Youth here!

Sweet Potatoes, Papayas, and Carrots

All three of these help reduce the appearance of wrinkles. This might not be such a big problem for teens now, but by starting to include more of these in your diet, you can avoid developing them altogether! Eating either one of these prevents wrinkles by increasing the production of collagen, which helps to smooth out the wrinkles and keep your skin baby soft and wrinkle free!

Berries

By eating more strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and plums (all delicious, by the way) you can help keep your skin healthier looking longer. Berries have antioxidant capacities, which means that they help to wash out those chemicals that can help develop oncoming acne and keep your skin beautiful and clear.

Yogurt

Yay something easy and delicious! Yogurt is super high in calcium and vitamins d and a. By eating more yogurt (we’re talking low-fat or low in sugar, of course) you can help by giving your body a daily dose of zinc and proteins. Zinc itself helps reduce the redness brought on by acne and proteins help keep your skin soft and glowing. Also, with frozen yogurt being a newest trend, invite some friends out and take a quick trip to your closest fro-yo place and help each other battle skin enemies. After all, isn’t that what friends are for?

Latest articles