The Dead Walk

On Saturday 27th October, just before 4pm, the streets of Sydney city found themselves infested by a horde of the terrifying walking dead.

The zombies made their way from Hyde Park in the middle of the city and headed towards Sydney's Central Station as part of the annual Sydney Zombie Walk in a bid to raise money and awareness for the Brain Foundation, a nationally registered charity that funds world-class research into neurological disorders, brain disease and brain injuries. By 29th October, more than AU$2,000 had been raised.

"Thanks for everyone who donated - we have now raised $2064.70," the official Facebook page of the Sydney Zombie Walk reported. "Now we're heading to the bank with a couple of thousand bucks in blood-covered small change - wish us luck!"

The Sydney Zombie Walk has been running since 2009 and brings in hundreds of zombies every year. They are a great way to not only raise money for charity, but also to show off your special effects make-up skills, make friends, or make contacts if you're an aspiring photographer. But these walks aren't restricted to Sydney alone - they happen worldwide, with the earliest known having been in Sacramento, California in 2001.

If you hear of one happening in your area, spread the news and make your way down to join in the fun. These walks are an event not to be missed - unless, of course, you're one of the faint hearted. The event is well known for having civilians run away screaming in terror!

Latest articles