Why Choose Drugs? - Comments

  • Luminous

    Luminous (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I use to do drugs, Ex mostly. But my grades never got bad, I did start forgetting shit really fast though, but I didn't do anything and everything just to get my hands on it. Drugs effect people differently. Yeah, they can be bad for your health, yes you can get addicted, but if someone wants to do drugs, then I don't see the problem. As for me I quit doing drugs in March, cause I almost got arrested, that opened my eyes, so I stopped.

    I do understand were you're coming from though. Some people do drugs to fit in or whatever, but I grew up around it, half my family does drugs, thats the reason I got into it, I guess constantly being around it, pulls you in...
    July 8th, 2008 at 06:47am
  • tinycars

    tinycars (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    This was terribly poorly written. Your ideas were vague and generalised, and you never even addressed specific drugs. It seemed that you only thought of drugs as only one problem, instead of a variety of vices. You did not say what the effects are, but more what you have been fed by pop culture to believe they are. It's good to have strong opinions, but when you cannot articulate them in a way that seems viable then you will have no power to change the way people think. Do some research; sometimes it's a good idea to challenge your own beliefs.
    July 8th, 2008 at 06:04am
  • tyler joseph.

    tyler joseph. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    And I'd also like to point out that I don't do anything and everything to get stoned.
    July 8th, 2008 at 05:24am
  • tyler joseph.

    tyler joseph. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I respect your opinion, but I've smoked pot a lot and am no way addicted to it. I don't drink or smoke cigarette's, I'm not going to try coke or meth next, my grades our fine, and I don't get into any trouble, and my friend's didn't pressure me to do it. I smoke because I get depressed sometimes anf it makes me happy for awhile. Yeah, I shouldn't be smoking pot to feel happy, but hey, it's my choice. I don't condone smoking marijuana to anyone, but what's worse? Teens smoking pot or teens shooting up? I know there are a lot of kids my age doing a lot more than pot, and that's sad, but that's there own problem. And it's good that you care about things like this, and awesome that you're never going to do anything like that, but for me, I'm doing just fine. Like I said, I only smoke pot an ddon't do anything else, nor will I try anything else. Also, a person only gets addicted to drugs if they have an addictive personality. It's not like one hit, one smoke and you're gone forever.

    Once again i do respect your opinion on this and I think it was a good article, and I'm just stating my opinion on it. :]
    July 8th, 2008 at 05:21am
  • Xbloodyredtears

    Xbloodyredtears (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I love how you stated all of this, but I can't agree.
    I've been doing pot for three years now and I'm fine.
    I've never had health problems and I do good in class.

    I'm not like anything in that article at all.
    Just because it happens to some people who do drugs it doesn't mean it happens to everybody.
    Everybody has a different way in acting when they do drugs, so to say that, it's not true.
    July 8th, 2008 at 05:14am
  • Lizardd

    Lizardd (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I agree.
    Drugs are stupid,
    but I understand why people do them, to run away from their problems.
    But there are other ways.
    July 8th, 2008 at 05:12am
  • Andi Romanov

    Andi Romanov (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Ok, I'm glad you care? But this is pretty much just another commercial on MTV. I havent done drugs but I smoke. I'm good at school. I have amazing friends, and not all of them smoke but none of them care that I do. I know it puts this nasty disgusting stuff in your lungs. It doesnt hurt my family because they dont know.

    I know this article is about drugs. But I think its too cliche and opinionated. If people do drugs and get bad grades? Obviously they dont give a shit. I'm pretty sure they've all gone through D.A.R.E too. You're not gonna convince me that the majority of people that do that stuff don't know that it kills your brain cells or whatever. They probably dont care. You don't honestly think anyone read this article and thought 'Hm..wow..I'm gonna stop doing drugs..' do you?
    July 8th, 2008 at 04:24am
  • Allie Ahmazing

    Allie Ahmazing (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Everyone has their own opinion.

    If people want to do stuff like that, it's not your business.
    July 8th, 2008 at 03:51am
  • Iago-Disco

    Iago-Disco (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    this was a really simplistic article, and perhaps overly cliched without saying anything new.
    I also think the premise was somewhat mislead; i'm not going to stop people doing drugs, but if someone wanted to, a preachy, short article is probably not the way to do it.

    As to the people who are 'on the honour roll' and high, good for you.. But i think the need or desire to drugs is an unhealthy symptom of society as it is today..
    Having said that is not much of my business

    Gabe
    July 8th, 2008 at 03:20am
  • Allie Ahmazing

    Allie Ahmazing (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Well, I've done drugs and I've found them rather fun.

    That's why most people around here do drugs. : /

    I'm on the honor roll. I'm a really good chair in band. I've been voted student of the month...

    *prepares for hate*
    July 8th, 2008 at 02:50am
  • Danielle McCracken

    Danielle McCracken (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Good article, only, I don't agree.

    If you haven't tried drugs, you really shouldn't be talking bad about them, or the people who do them. Personally, I think the fact that you "feel good for a few hours" is the only reason [i]to[/i] do them. I found that pretty much everything you've said in your article was false, well for me personally anyways. I'm on honor roll at school, a lot of my friends don't do drugs and it doesn't ruin my relationships with them, my childhood is not a blurry vision, I haven't stopped being myself, I won't do [i]anything[/i] to get high, and don't want to hurt your family? Don't let them find out!

    Anyways, good article. I guess when people do hard drugs this is true, I just don't agree with categorizing all drugs as bad.
    July 8th, 2008 at 12:58am
  • LiL_McR_FaN

    LiL_McR_FaN (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    i, for one, would never do drugs but i guess people do it for kicks and a few hours of pain free-ness. and that pic looks awesome. great artical
    July 7th, 2008 at 10:30pm
  • Static Age

    Static Age (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    This was a really good article.

    I don't see why people do drugs either. There are such better ways to be happy and get 'high' Like exercising, it gives you endorfines, which make you happy.
    lol

    My friend does pot once in awhile and I'm always asking her why and she says because it's fun and because her boyfriend does it. *eye roll* And I'm always trying to convince her that there are better ways to have fun, and that she doesn't have to do what her boyfriend does. But unfortunately, she doesn't have the self esteem to say no. *sigh*

    I know I could never be pressured into doing drugs, I'm way to confident and obnoxious. lol
    July 7th, 2008 at 09:33pm
  • nerdy_

    nerdy_ (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I don't believe I will ever purposely do drugs. To me, there are better ways to get high. For example, arguing over books is always fun. I'm not so lacking in self-esteem that I would resort to getting high off drugs.

    I'm sure that I can't be pressured into doing drugs either, but I do know that some teens don't have my kind of self-will.

    Overall, good article. However, just_call_me_dookie is correct in that you could have said more.
    July 7th, 2008 at 06:43pm
  • Gibbers

    Gibbers (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    that was a really good article, unfortuately i really know what it's like to want to do drugs, i have depression problems and there is a ton of shit going on with my life and at school, sometimes i want to get high just to forget, but i know that would just be throwing my life away, so i don't do it. there are many other reasons why someone would want to do drugs, peer pressure is the least amount of pressure to do drugs, a lot of my friends do drugs but they don't pressure me to do them.
    July 7th, 2008 at 06:10pm
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I liked what the article was saying. I think only dumbasses do drugs. :] When you have a problem search for help not a bong.
    But I think that you could have said more in a more professonal way.
    July 7th, 2008 at 04:55pm