Don't Label Me! - Comments

  • Spaztastic

    Spaztastic (640)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    What you probably have a problem with is stereotyping.
    I see nothing wrong with labels. I just don't call myself anything - I let other people do that depending on how they see me.
    July 18th, 2008 at 07:00pm
  • Spaztastic

    Spaztastic (640)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    If you really take these words to a level where it upsets you, you need help.
    They're just words.
    They're not guns or knives.
    Get over it if someone calls you an emo or prep. Yes, using those words makes it easier to describe people. In my school there's 3,500 students. By saying "the skater kid in Chem," your friend knows who you're talking about especially if you don't know their name.
    July 18th, 2008 at 06:59pm
  • Garry_Way

    Garry_Way (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    I can't say I don't stereotype, cause everyone does, they just don't know it.
    July 18th, 2008 at 06:51pm
  • ZombieBunnyKILL

    ZombieBunnyKILL (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Nerds are the new jock.
    Emo is the new prep.
    Goth and punk are the new...nothing.
    Labels suck =[
    July 18th, 2008 at 06:35pm
  • Allie Ahmazing

    Allie Ahmazing (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    They're just words.

    Why do words hurt us so much?
    July 18th, 2008 at 05:47pm
  • kariajaderose

    kariajaderose (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    its sad that people use the lables to put people down my friends and i joke about r labes every day. i mean one day they say im prep one day they say im emo ok maby we use it to joke aroumd with are friends and they like it because they laght. but to do that to make some one feel bad is wrong. i mean i amid that im a nerd and proud of it. if u jest add and proud of it it makes it better but some of the names are horible like slut hello people thats horible nothing nice to say dont say it at all...... well im going to lision to mcr and ware pink so what dose that make me a preppy emo? dont know dont care im me and i think the things that make us special should not mater what people say god i hate people. " not really" well by.....
    July 18th, 2008 at 05:42pm
  • Nessakinns

    Nessakinns (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I hate the labels...I don't understnad why 'nerds' has to be used if they're actually good ro-models to other students...I'm a nerd and I'm proud because i can make it somewhere in life. I'm also in the label emo because I always wear black and listen to rock but I don't harm myself. Anyone answer me this; if I get ideas of self inflicted injuries does that make me 'emo' or just really angered and depressed? The world is becoming idiotic, that's all there is to it from now on I suppose...
    July 18th, 2008 at 05:09pm