I Wanna Hold Your Hand - Comments

  • KeepThePeace

    KeepThePeace (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    beautiful.
    its kinda wierd, im listening to the across the universe version of that song right now... o.O
    AMENN!
    November 28th, 2008 at 05:02am
  • elsa of northuldra

    elsa of northuldra (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Very good article. It's well written.
    November 28th, 2008 at 04:06am
  • RetroBot68

    RetroBot68 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Oh my god, AMEN.
    Very breakthrough article.
    Sex is so glorified, like it's the most right and amazing thing, and that everyone should do it.
    Thats why kids sometimes get the wrong idea and grow up so fucked up.
    Fucking media.
    But I disagree with the divorce thing. I don't neccessarily think sex is the main reason for divorce: ppl not wanting to take responsibily for their kids, major differences in the way they do things, jumping into things too fast and realizing how both partners REALLY are- those are the kinds of things that cause divorce not necessarily all sex and no relationship.
    November 28th, 2008 at 03:43am
  • Frozen Delight.

    Frozen Delight. (450)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    46
    Location:
    United States
    And I'm not saying that thats not ok...but it would be nice to have a balance between just wanting to have sex and the "mushy love stuff"

    And thanks!!!
    November 28th, 2008 at 03:41am
  • FnHeroes

    FnHeroes (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    look, im all for the mushy lovey stuff, but the fact is that all people, at a time, just wanna have sex.
    Cant change it, its really is just a part of life. It's culture
    November 28th, 2008 at 03:07am
  • Blooregard Q. Kazoo

    Blooregard Q. Kazoo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Well-written article, and a very good point.
    November 28th, 2008 at 03:04am
  • Frozen Delight.

    Frozen Delight. (450)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    46
    Location:
    United States
    Kurtni O'Hara, what I mean by that was back then everywhere you go sex wasn't blantantly put out there. Adds and everything else weren't mostly running on the whole "sex sells" idea.
    November 28th, 2008 at 02:59am
  • Heaven's Devil

    Heaven's Devil (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I agree. It may be because I am an aspiring journalist so I pick out things like this, but the only way things sell anymore is with sex. But not just sex, things sell with things that are [i]sexy[/i]. It's always been that way, yes, but it's been even more hyped in current times. Whether it's heated sex, a love triangle, a messy divorce, or something of the sort people want to see it. They don't care about the cute little love story. They want the action. They want the adrenaline rush, the sense of danger.
    November 28th, 2008 at 02:41am
  • wx12

    wx12 (10125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    "Back when that song came out sex wasn't an every day part of life. "

    I don't understand that statement. When has sex not been a part of daily life? Sex ensures the survival of humans, so long as we exist sex is a part of daily life.

    Sex was just as much a part of life back then, only different is we don't try to hide it anymore and it isn't considered taboo. Your reference to the Beatles wasn't very supportive, I mean they have a song called "Lets do it in the Road" after all..

    I must compliment you and say this article was well written however, even if I disagree.
    November 28th, 2008 at 02:17am