Sexism - Comments

  • Glen

    Glen (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I completely agree with your article. One little thing I like to do to protest gender roles and sexism is paint my nails hot pink all the time, which definitely isn't the most "manly" thing to do. People make fun of me, but I don't care. Anyways, right on, it's always nice to see the opposite side of things.
    December 1st, 2008 at 09:33pm
  • Okamitisback

    Okamitisback (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    This is a wonderful article. It's absolutly true. Men and women have difficult jobs and they have the right to switch it around.
    December 1st, 2008 at 07:59pm
  • Buttons.Com

    Buttons.Com (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I totally love you for writing this.

    you took the words out my mouth.

    I feel more sorry for people who are told they have to be strong all the time. [I]Boys don't cry [/i], yes they do!

    Emotions aren't female, they're human.
    December 1st, 2008 at 06:34pm
  • It's In The Blood.

    It's In The Blood. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Sexism, sadly, is just too much fun not to share. The most we can do is educate the [i]next[/i] generation.

    Unless you happen to have some kind of obedience drug? Then by all means use it and let's make everyone respect men and women equally.

    *shifty eyes*

    To make this issue disappear, what we have to do is teach children that it's okay to do boy-things and girl-things. I find it very sad when I'm at work, and there's a four-year-old boy who wants to dress up as a princess, but his friends won't let him because only girls dress up as princesses or doctors. Boys are policemen and firemen.

    That said, where I live, it's actually widely considered a good thing to be a stay-in dad. The media can do a lot to make people accept gentle gender roles for men. I think it's their moral obligation to do so, but try telling them that.
    December 1st, 2008 at 02:29pm