Obama Flips Abortion Policy - Comments

  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    [b]I'llLiveMYFantasy[/b], you say that if you make the mistake of getting pregnant, you should pay for it, but you're also assuming everyone [i]can.[/i]
    I won't lie: I'm poor as hell. My mom [i]just[/i] got another job [i]last week[/i] after two months of not having one. If I was raped, deemed unable to handle pregnancy in which case going through it would kill me, or some other extreme circumstance, I would get an abortion. And guess what? I would be unable to afford it. Places that get funds like that make it a lot simpler. Thank you, Obama, for flipping this policy.

    Also, you know, your tax dollars probably go to a lot of things you don't agree with. Freakin' deal with it. Just because [i]you[/i] deem it as murder doesn't mean it is. We can't, rightfully, forget the rest of America you may need it, but can't afford it just because some of the population disagrees with it. It is a [i]fact[/i] that some people need to have an abortion to live. Would you let those people die, with the high risk that the child you so desperately tried to save would die, too?

    You know, it's funny. Whenever a pro-life advocate is asked a question like that, they always, [i]always[/i] fail to answer.
    August 6th, 2009 at 03:02am
  • aluminum foil

    aluminum foil (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Huh. I remember when Obama said he was pro-choice, when he has always been pro-life.

    And did you know that while he is liquidating Guantanamo Bay, he is building a new prison in Afghanistan for basically the same terrorists?

    So yeah, this doesn't surprise me. He certainly has his own schedule.
    April 20th, 2009 at 04:19am
  • Hugs-Aren't-Free

    Hugs-Aren't-Free (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Down with abortion. It should be illegal.
    February 9th, 2009 at 11:21am
  • Deathbat

    Deathbat (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I agree with the comment below,abortions are not easy for anyone,so we should just help people so they dont need to have one in the first place or can recover after having one.
    February 7th, 2009 at 08:53am
  • mia bell.

    mia bell. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    100
    Location:
    Australia
    Honestly, I believe that Obama is the best thing to happen to America at the moment. He seems like a very donw-to-earth man and knows what he's doing. He isn't doing things for him, he's doing it for the people of America. And that's how a country should be run; [i]for the people.[/i]
    January 31st, 2009 at 12:42am
  • Softest..

    Softest.. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Obama was probably the best thing that was to happen in America. Do you seriously rather have that moronic bitch Sarah Palin in the white house?
    January 27th, 2009 at 07:53am
  • byebyefucker

    byebyefucker (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    87
    Location:
    Ukraine
    the majority of these comments absolutely astound me- and not in a good way.
    January 26th, 2009 at 03:15am
  • ella vator.

    ella vator. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    To InDieNachtTotgeliebt, Obama is [b]not[/b] letting terrorists run around. He isn't going to give them a 'slap on the wrist' and let them walk free. Do you know what they do at that prison? They keep suspected terrorists locked up [b]without[/b] a trial. They can be inprisoned there for a few years before they get to see a court room. Obama is not going to let terrorist do what they want, he's giving them a chance to have a fair trial. Get your facts straight before you bitch about something you obviously don't know anything abuot.
    January 26th, 2009 at 01:21am
  • MellyMassacre

    MellyMassacre (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Obama ftw!
    January 25th, 2009 at 07:49pm
  • xXGreyWingsXx

    xXGreyWingsXx (850)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I'm incredibly glad that he's sticking to his promise of closing down Guatanamo. Although there's going to be difficult rehabilitating people etc, none of the torture and degradation that was going on in there was right.

    I'm not sure about the abortion thing, I think you need to look further before taking a stance on that.

    And besides, it's not funding abortions. It's funding family planning clinics, which will be offering the sort of service which will turn people's life in hopefully the right direction. Whether it's getting a teenage girl on the right track or making sure a married couple can have kids, I think the work they're doing needs support.

    And [i]InDieNachtTotgeliebt[/i], if you ever got pregnant, and there was no way you could have the kid, would you want to go through a back-street abortion simply because you couldn't scrape together enough money? I'm not condoning some people's unthinking promiscuity, but it's wrong to not help someone in trouble.
    January 25th, 2009 at 04:54pm
  • fool's paradise

    fool's paradise (1000)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Personally, I think the tax money should be put towards something more beneficial to the country. It's understandable that planned parenthood IS a clinic, and therefore should get what other clinics get (planned parenthood isn't JUST abortions).
    I'm not going to go into the whole abortion thing, I'm not good at defending my stance, but I think that maybe he should be putting tax money into more beneficial things, such as ways to conserve enegry, etc.
    January 25th, 2009 at 04:52pm
  • Kalten.Sommer.Nacht

    Kalten.Sommer.Nacht (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    okay this guy has been president for how many days?

    less than a week right?

    America is just gonna go downhill from here.

    Using tax money to pay for abortions is stupid,

    YOU made the mistake of getting pregnate, you should pay for it, like with your own money.

    and by the way obama, shutting down guantanamo isn't gonna help stop terror, it's going to increase it by letting terrorist know that they don't have to face a consequence if they get caught, they will just get a little slap on the wrist and sent away...

    Our new 'president' is a dumbass.

    *sarcastically* Woo-Hoo for Hoebama
    January 25th, 2009 at 06:40am
  • Banksy.

    Banksy. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    gobama.
    January 25th, 2009 at 05:23am
  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I don't think a lot of you get this. Your parents money will be funding abortions. Whether you agree with them or not, I think it's still sickening. I agree with abortion, yes. But, really? He's going to hand them out like sandwiches.
    January 25th, 2009 at 04:38am
  • Kurdt Kobain

    Kurdt Kobain (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    I get what you're saying.

    I was happy to hear this, he's off my shit list for now...
    January 25th, 2009 at 03:56am
  • wx12

    wx12 (10125)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Ok, based on some of the comments I've read I think there is some confusion as to what Obama did, let me see if I can clear it up

    A) This article has NOTHING to do with the legality of abortion in the United States. Abortion is still legal, but Obama had nothing to do with that.

    B) This article is about Obama overturning a policy Bush put in place that made it illegal for the US to fund planned parenthood organizations INTERNATIONALLY if they offered abortion. Obama is agreeing to give them money again.
    January 25th, 2009 at 02:53am
  • Spiralling Shape

    Spiralling Shape (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    I love Obama. Seriously.
    January 25th, 2009 at 02:10am
  • Perfectly Imperfect

    Perfectly Imperfect (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    GO OBAMA!!!
    He's giving women a choice.
    I'm glad.
    January 25th, 2009 at 01:57am
  • ZombieBunnyKILL

    ZombieBunnyKILL (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    ... Did I just say "shut up and whine all you want"?
    Haha!
    January 25th, 2009 at 01:52am
  • ZombieBunnyKILL

    ZombieBunnyKILL (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Okay. I know I'm a lame for soming back, but too bad.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE OVER-REACTING.
    I know it's your opinion, but just because this was OUR PRESIDENT's choice (because as long as you choose to stay in the United States... he's your president too...) to FUND those (shoot, what was the word...) "companies" that accept abortion as a woman's choice does NOT mean that he's for ripping an eight-month-in-the-womb baby out of a woman's uterus without her say.
    I am so pro-choice (and liberal, at that...) it isn't even funny, but do you think that I like baby fetuses?
    Well, do you?
    Do you think that anyone just wants an abortion? Just to know that something could've lived inside of them for nine months, but they chose to get rid of it for a (hopefully) good reason?
    What about if pregnancy could kill the woman? Would you rather that she dies, then the baby grows up knowing that her mother died, or the baby just dies less than two years later due to SIDS, or even prematurity?
    If you said 'yes' to any of those... I fail to see in your point of view.
    And I'll tell you right now, within the first trimester, it is not a fetus, but a nearly-invisible speck. Sure, it's alive, but it can't even think. IT CAN'T EVEN THINK.
    So, for those who think abortion is murder, TAKE SEXUAL EDUCATION. (I mean, I didn't, but that's because I'm just a know-it-all.) Figuratively, it is murder, but shut up. Whine and bitch all you want, but that's too bad. It happened.
    January 25th, 2009 at 01:51am