Queens Bans BNP Leader from Buckingham Palace

Queens Bans BNP Leader from Buckingham Palace After complete humiliation and failure in the 2010 United Kingdom elections earlier this year, Nick Griffin, leader of the anti-immigration British National Party, was again nationally embarrassed, after being controversially refused entry to attend a Buckingham Palace garden party, from claims he had abused his invitation for political purposes.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said: ‘Nick Griffin MEP will be denied entry to today's garden party at Buckingham Palace due to the fact he has overtly used his personal invitation for party political purpose through the media. This in turn has increased the security threat and the potential discomfort to the many other guests also attending.’

Many anti-fascist protestors had already lined up outside the Queen’s main residence, after Mr. Griffin had spoken about his invitation in high profile media interviews, including on GMTV, and emailing BNP supporters for questions he should ask the Queen.

Mr. Griffin has made it very clear – so clear that the BNP seem to have become a one policy party – he wants to put a serious cap on all immigration, stopping millions trying to enter the United Kingdom for a better life. It seems ironic that such a man is also being stopped, with pressure from the protestors, from attending the Queen’s event.

These battles to restrict the fascist far-right parties from gaining support, need to be won in debate – not through forceful and physical protesting of Mr. Griffin’s presence. Through this method comes the danger that one can become another form of the horror you are trying to prevent. Indeed, as Mr. Griffin was leaving BBC studios at Westminster, the BNP leader was confronted by human rights campaigner Peter Tatchell, who accused him of being a ‘gutless coward’.

This hypocrisy did not go unnoticed, with the Palace issuing another statement later on: ‘The decision to deny entry is not intended to show any disrespect to the democratic process by which the invitation was issued. However, we would apply the same rules to anyone who tried to blatantly politicise their attendance in this way.’

In response, Mr. Griffin said he would not endeavor to turn up to the Queen’s event, but was understandably infuriated at the outcome. He said, ‘It is an absolute scandal. I represent a million voters in the North West. This appears to be a rule invented for me.

‘It is an attack on the right of every person in Britain to get the news of current events reported by the media, and it is an attack on the one million plus patriots who voted for the BNP.
‘The move has obviously been made under pressure from the Con-Dem regime who are desperate for any reason to bar the BNP.’

Mr. Griffin’s statements clearly come as no surprise, however his choice of words are extremely intriguing. Firstly, all BNP voters are quoted as being called, ‘patriots’ – leaving the other odd 60 million of the population who chose not to vote for the hate-fueled bigoted party, traitors to their own country. Only one other BNP member attended the Queen’s garden party, the only patriot on the site. One can only imagine the severity of the job he had, in protecting the Queen amongst every other subversive guest present.

Secondly, Mr. Griffin has nothing bad to say about the Queen refusing his entry; instead he blames the entire scenario on the current coalition government, who ‘obviously’ are using any excuse to block out the BNP. Everyone always looks for someone to blame when dark clouds come their way; but imagine the intensity of the lightning that would strike the BNP leader if he bad-mouthed the real culprit behind stopping him attending. Instead Mr. Griffin has aimed his fury at the coalition government – a government who has no power over who receives invites to the garden party and who has no power over stopping someone attending.

It is entirely comprehensible why Mr. Griffin is angry over this issue. However, the BNP leader’s reaction will achieve no gains to further his arguments; Mr. Griffin may have used up all of his free speech metre already advocating his party’s policies, leaving him unable to send a direct complaint at the Queen. Let us just see how unpatriotic the rest of the population who did not vote BNP is, if he ever were to do so.

Latest articles