Bible Revamped to Look Like "Fashion Magazine" - Comments

  • Northern Star

    Northern Star (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    This was a great article until you added your opinion. That's not what news is supposed to be about. The rest was well-written, though.
    January 16th, 2012 at 12:30am
  • Zazoo

    Zazoo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    At first, I found this offensive and disgusting, but after looking inside it (Amazon.com) I found it to be okay. This is nice.
    January 15th, 2011 at 09:32pm
  • Vicious.

    Vicious. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Lebanon
    This depends on the designer's intentions. If they are just using it as a thing to design, it's pretty disrespectful. But whatever, people have the right to express themselves.
    If somebody is trying to make the Bible appeal to more readers, they're going about it the wrong way. I see absolutely nothing wrong with formatting the Bible like a magazine, but including superstars contradicts and distracts from the message.
    I personally believe that it's not the appearance of a Bible that should get people to read it. Like they say, don't judge a book by it's cover, eh?
    If Christians want the Bible to be more popular, they should live by it and demonstrate it's message.
    January 15th, 2011 at 08:56pm
  • DarkestStorm

    DarkestStorm (335)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    What in the world? Are they seriously trying to make the Bible "worldly"? Ugh, horrible idea. I do not agree with this. I also do not understand why the feel the need to put icons in the Bible. That's going to distract people. *sighs*...
    January 13th, 2011 at 09:28pm
  • Original Copy-Cat

    Original Copy-Cat (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    It's just...not getting the point. Now i wonder why 2009 had 21% decrease of christan believers. Same thing with buddahist monks with hip hop and alcohol to lure in followers. Everyone has a respectable amount of it all, but there is a line that explains sacred from modern.
    February 15th, 2010 at 06:46am
  • Ponyboy

    Ponyboy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I think that's kind of terrible and pretty offensive...
    August 30th, 2009 at 08:19pm
  • Gypsy Rose

    Gypsy Rose (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    i agree with fool's paradise. these people are hippocrites trying to make a bible and they're going about it all wrong. i think it's a terrible idea. you shouldn't fuck with things they probibly have to idea about.
    August 8th, 2009 at 05:44am
  • amelie

    amelie (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Why don't they just abolish the Bible completely? I say it would do the world some good. That's just my own personal opinion, though. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, right? So, if a man wants to glamorize the Bible so be it, if I ever get myself knocked up I'll probably toss it in my kids faces and tell them [i]that's the reason you're here today.[/i] :cute:
    April 30th, 2009 at 07:59am
  • Mrs. Mellark

    Mrs. Mellark (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Puerto Rico
    This is ridiculos.
    Why would we need something like this?
    Angelina isn;t going to make any more of a christian. If you want to read the bible, you do it because of the message it contains, not to stare at pictures of "pretty famous people".
    I am, personally, against the idea of this 'modern bible'
    March 14th, 2009 at 03:07am
  • elin

    elin (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Sweden
    I'm from Sweden and I know that this bible is sold in a buisness chain that is called DesignTorget, which litterally means "The Market of Design" in english. The whole consept of these stores is to sell specially designed stuff and everyone can contribute with their own designing ideas. Just so you know it's sold in a store where the design is the main thing..
    December 16th, 2008 at 07:45pm
  • Freaka.

    Freaka. (220)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Well it's certainly an... interesting... concept...
    December 13th, 2008 at 11:06pm
  • FnHeroes

    FnHeroes (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    hmm actually, if you have ANYTHING to say, say it, but do it properly at least.

    I think this idea isn't a great one. Im not a christian, but thats not what this is about. According to the article, it's been done up in that way to appeal to wider audiences. Which, my friends, is stupid. If people want to believe in that sort of stuff, then the book its bound in shouldnt make a difference. You either believe in it or you dont. What this bible is attempting to do - and sadly may achieve - is convince people into Christianity by decorating it in a modern sense.
    And yes, this IS one of those 'dont like it dont buy it' things. its not going to go away because we winge about it, so everyone, myself included, needs to harden up and not get so arced up about this sort of thing.
    October 28th, 2008 at 05:32am
  • dexter

    dexter (450)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Argentina
    This isn't one of those 'if you don't like it, don't buy it' situations.
    For all those who are very serious about following the bible, it must
    be an insult to even read/hear this.

    [i]I think the bible is disgusting anyway.[/i]
    If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it.
    Not everyone here shares your point of view.
    October 27th, 2008 at 02:54am
  • only human

    only human (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    I think this is just a way for some guy to make lots of money. I find it stupid, but whatever. I just won't buy it.
    October 27th, 2008 at 12:33am
  • ZombieBunnyKILL

    ZombieBunnyKILL (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I'm on the fence with this one.
    I could see where it would have a positive effect-- if it made the bible understandable (I'm quite slow, and don't understand it myself, so I never got into it,) but they didn't need to include celebrities, did they?
    Meh. I don't know. Also don't care.
    October 27th, 2008 at 12:06am
  • Oh Desdemona!

    Oh Desdemona! (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    oh god.
    I'm not even religious in any way, shape or form- but this is really quite.. disgusting.
    Not being a fan of these 'fashion icons' and such, I'd obviously think that, but this is also a horrible way to try to get people to read the Bible.
    It's pretty much appealing to peoples' lazy nature, while making some sort of mockery of the Bible at the same time.
    October 26th, 2008 at 11:47pm
  • Bridgesmademyday

    Bridgesmademyday (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    okay.
    this whole idea of a fashion magazine bible makes it hardly a bible any longer.
    do not like this idea.
    October 26th, 2008 at 11:25pm
  • dead!insomniaque

    dead!insomniaque (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Oh jeez.
    This is just going to further the dispute that God is dead. Dead enough to be made a mockery of. Bad idea.
    October 26th, 2008 at 11:16pm
  • La Vie en Couleur

    La Vie en Couleur (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I think it is the wrong way to go and represent the bible. i mean, there are other types of bibles, for specific veiwers, a friend of mine has a bible for teen girls, but it isnt as bad as this. in hers it has quizzes and fun facts that actually pertain to the bible like, "Which biblical woman are you most like?" or "What type of belief do you share?" but having pictures of celebrities and having a magazine format is just going over board.
    October 26th, 2008 at 11:13pm
  • hannahsaurus rex

    hannahsaurus rex (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    There are already so many versions of the Bible. What's one more?
    October 26th, 2008 at 09:37pm