The Afterlife: what is it? - Comments

  • WRITERofTRUTH

    WRITERofTRUTH (850)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    I would like to say I agree with mel4u and of course you MK. I know you know where I stand on this and its right along side MK for those of you who dont know. I am extremely shocked at what AnjiE said. Those are not facts, instead they are someone's opinion with a very good and arguable source. I know you have the right to your opinion AnjiE, but thats just wrong (whether I am Catholic or not). There is no evidence of that. If you are basing that on the "DaVinci Code" then you are definately wrong! I AM indeed a strong Catholic and again, AnjiE, when you are going to argue a couple of devout Catholics on things they know, then you better come backed up with some cold, hard, evidence of such atrocious theories!

    WRITERofTRUTH (devout Catholic)
    November 21st, 2008 at 05:17am
  • anjiestaar.

    anjiestaar. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    83
    Location:
    Togo
    Personally, I believe your theory on "The bible is proof" to be incorrect.
    First, The Bible was not faxed, emailed, or dropped from heaven.
    Meaning the Bible was written by men, and men have quite a tendency to lie..
    Secondly, Even Jesus died, he had a wife and kid as well, a girl, called Sarah.
    We are not sure of afterlives, as none of us are dead in body.
    Mind however, is another matter entirely...
    ~.^

    A/N :: Devout Christians, please do not slaughter me. I was merely stating facts and opinion..
    November 21st, 2008 at 03:58am
  • MellyMelMel

    MellyMelMel (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I'm Catholic and I think that it is a good article. Alot of people probably disagree because they don't believe in any of it, but its funny I mean apparently aitheists think that we just die we're buried in the ground and thats it but do they ever seriosly think about that I mean show me the sense in that you can't just not exist.
    November 21st, 2008 at 03:55am
  • vaporwave

    vaporwave (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    "The Bible is proof of that."

    Lol. That is all.

    If there by chance is a hell, I'd want to go there. I'm a Satanist, why would I suffer? There's a lot of rockstars I'd like to meet.
    November 21st, 2008 at 03:11am
  • Aluraune Lorenzo

    Aluraune Lorenzo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    When it comes to things like the afterlife and the Bible, no one can honestly ever be sure. Sure, everyone would like to have the possibiltiy of an afterlie. I mean, who doesn't like the idea of dying and then continuing existance in a state of no worries, Religious views or not?

    Sadly, it boils down to a game of chance. You can either follow a book that no one for sure can prove true--which, by the way, makes it no less true--Or, you can live life as an atheist, and never question what will happen after death. All judgement is made then and now. Either side has its pros and cons.
    November 21st, 2008 at 01:21am
  • shannonymous.

    shannonymous. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    You wrote it well, but you should only write articles about what you have solid proof on.
    No one has proof about what happens after death.
    November 21st, 2008 at 01:20am
  • Airi.

    Airi. (2240)

    :
    NaNoWriMo 2016
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    [i]I'm fairly certain many atheists see Lincoln as a respectable man.[/i]
    Just cause someone believes in God does not mean Atheists will hate the person love. Many people respect Lincoln for what he did to help our country. Not for his religion.

    [i]Our live right now aren't the only things. We wouldn't be here in the first place if it weren't for God. The Bible is proof of that[/i]
    Love the Bible is proof of nothing. The Bible was written by those who believed in God. Was the Bible not written like 200 years after Jesus died? The Bible gives hope and faith to people. It is not proof he exists nor is it proof of anything.

    I do have some of the most respect for you to be able to have the courage to speak in the name of God like you do. Most teenagers are incapable of it anymore.
    November 21st, 2008 at 12:49am
  • dark-skater

    dark-skater (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    New Zealand
    This is a good article, but I must point out. As sorry as I am but everyone is gong to go to hell, no matter how good they are or what religion they are. Simply because in many religions they say if you don't believe in their God you're going to go to hell, and there is more than one of these religions and you cannot belong to more than one religion, so therefore everybodies going to hell...

    Don't want any hateful comments or anything, but sadly its true
    November 20th, 2008 at 07:57pm
  • It's In The Blood.

    It's In The Blood. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    [i]The Bible is proof of that.[/i]

    Uh... no it's not. I could write down in a book that God [i]didn't[/i] exist and that wouldn't make it true. It's just proof that a while back a few people believed in Jesus and thought we should too.

    If it was [i]proof[/i] we probably wouldn't have all these problems over religion ^^
    November 20th, 2008 at 06:22pm