Girl Of Thirteen Commits Suicide - Comments

  • avenge my ghost

    avenge my ghost (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    That's f*cked up to blame MCR. They are helping saving lives, not killing people. to blame a band is to give an excuse that they dont know why she really did it.
    emo isnt a fashion, its a label for a bunch of people who have no idea what they are talking about.
    cutting isnt a fashion. its not something that you do because its cool or it might be fun.
    Sad about the girl, she sounds like she was just lost and was being fed a bunch if sh*t about so called "emo fashion".
    The posers who go around telling people this should feel guilty.
    May 9th, 2008 at 10:21pm
  • Death Is A Promise.

    Death Is A Promise. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    MCR are not EMO! They don't encourage sucide...they are the complete opposite! They make you see the good things about life and make you keep going!
    Why the fuck do bands like them always get the blame? Grrr. It is tragic...but they are not to blame!
    I think it is about time that people and the media start trying to find the REAL reason why people commit suicide and stop blaming it on fucking awesome bands that SAVE your life and not encourage you to end it!
    Oh...and the Daily Mail needs to be burnt and spat on...it's not even good enough to wipe your ass on!
    I shall shut up now before I get really mad...
    May 9th, 2008 at 10:20pm
  • RoxyRazorbomb

    RoxyRazorbomb (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    okay, first off, there is some sort of truth behind this. emo actually started out as a genre of music and that's how I look at it. so, in actuality, mcr is actually the genre of music that is emo.
    [b]I can see how mcr is being blamed because it is coinciding with the incident. I do belive they shouldn't be blamed though. I blame the teenagers who twisted emo into something bad. So, to everyone who just commented saying mcr isn't emo, bladdy bladdy blah, you are more to be blamed than anyone else on this planet. [/b]
    May 9th, 2008 at 10:19pm
  • Color.Me.Blind

    Color.Me.Blind (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Frankly, blaming a band for a kid killing themselves? Her father noticed the cuts on her wrist, he should have taken an interest as to why she was doing it. Especially when she brushed it off as just following "Emo Fashion". I would think any intelligent parent would research such a fashion that would make their child want to harm themselves.
    It was their own fault, no one elses. To pin the blame on someone else is to not want to accept that they could have prevented their daughter's death.
    May 9th, 2008 at 10:17pm
  • Lucifer's Angel

    Lucifer's Angel (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    i think its a sad thing that she killed herself but IMO i think it's just the parents blaming My Chem to try and cover up their bad parenting skills. the girl obviously needed help and MCR saves lives, not encourages taking them.
    oh, and also...
    THEY AREN'T EMO!!!!!!!!!

    but it's the daily mail, what do you expect? they thing they're so 'cool' and 'up-to-date' and 'modern' just because they think they know what emo is. i hate stereotypes, since when do all emos cut? but then again, that's the daily mail for you, stupid torry &^*%@#)$

    sorry, i'll stop now...
    May 9th, 2008 at 10:16pm
  • on top of the world.

    on top of the world. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Wow. Blame EVERYONE but yourselves. Really, quite brilliant. MCR isn't even EMO. And they're here to SAVE lifes, not take them.

    *Rolls eyes*
    May 9th, 2008 at 10:09pm
  • Evelyn Shadows

    Evelyn Shadows (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    "People, including newspapers, are blaming the band My Chemical Romance, who she currently discovered weeks before hanging herself."
    MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE ARE NOT EMO!!!
    i'm sorry to be so angry about this but they aren't!
    i just wanted to put this across... they even said it themselves in an interview!
    so i don't see why they should be blamed for her death when they haven't done anything wrong.
    sorry for the rant, but it had to be said
    May 9th, 2008 at 10:05pm