Alex's Lemonade Stand - Blog Challenge #6 - Mibba's Activism Challange



Share a current event, recent accomplishment, or news story regarding your event.

There is always something happening involving the Alex’s Lemonade Stand foundation. Whether it is a walk/run organization, charity galas, or fundraisers hosted by A-list celebs, they all have the same purpose: to raise money for childhood cancer. Just recently, Alex’s Lemonade Stand is participating in two events to help raise even more money for this cause.

The first event was in New York City on October 23 held by Chef Jonathan Waxman who invited many friends and family to come and participate in Lemon: NYC. In this event, Jonathan Waxman recruited top culinary chefs to come and create 4-course family meals for the people to enjoy. All the donations and sponsorship money went solely to the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation and it was reported that the event was a big hit.

The second event will be held in Miami, Florida on November 1. This dessert and cocktail event will be held by pastry chef Hedy Goldsmith of the Michael’s Genuine Food and Drink. This event invited everyone all over the country to come and enjoy a fantastic dessert, and wonderful alcoholic concoction, all in the mind of helping raise money and awareness for Alex’s Lemonade Stand.

Blog Challenge #6 - written for Mibba's Activism Challenge
October 27th, 2012 at 02:59pm