‹ Prequel: Pup Among the Big Dogs

Chasing the Moon

How Hard is it to Breathe?

We were in Aiden's bedroom, sitting on the bed, dangling our feet over the edge. It was around six or so and I knew I'd have to be going home soon. We sat in silence. Why did it hurt so much to just admit that we'd be saying good bye? I mean, we'd just be seeing each other tomorrow anyway.

"I love you, Gabby. I know this is all happening so fast, but it feels so right. Or is it wrong?" He had the softest look in his eyes as he kissed me gently.

"It's way too right to feel wrong," I told him, gingerly reaching out and touching his face. He leaned towards my touch, his lips parting ever so slightly. "I love you, too." I kissed him softly, but he made it deeper. He moved his hands to my hips and pulled me onto his lap. He started kissing me urgently, his chest rising and falling quickly as his breaths sped up. He started kissing roughly and I, having been brought up by vampires, liked it. I let him take control of the kiss, not fighting him for dominance.

He managed to lay me down on his bed without breaking the kiss as he got on top of me. My breaths got raspy as I tangled my fist in his hair and pulled him closer. He purred seductively, his hands daring to explore my entire body. I pressed myself to him, trying to get as close as our bodies would allow.

“I love you,” he whispered quickly, kissing my neck and nipping playfully at it. I let out a soft moan.

“I love you, too,” I managed to say without my voice cracking too bad.

“Gabby, if you want me to stop, I will,” he said quickly, inhaling deeply and rolling off of me and standing up. I got on my feet and into his arms.

“I don’t know if I want you to,” I admitted softly. He glanced longingly at the bed and back to me. The decision remained unmade when there was a tapping on the window. I looked over and froze.

“Shit,” Aiden muttered. “Do you know him?” I nodded. Nicholas was standing outside of the window, a worried look on his face. I saw some of the werewolves staring.

“It’s fine.” I walked over and let him in.

“Gabby! What are you doing?” he demanded, closing the window. He looked at Aiden. “Where’s ‘Rosemarie’?”

“I’m sorry. Don’t tell Zach!” I begged.

“Gabby, I hate you putting me on the spot like this!” he hissed, running a hand worriedly through his hair.

“I know, but this is Aiden,” I told him randomly.

“Charmed, I’m sure,” Nick said quickly, shaking his hand. “We have to get home before Marshall and Zach come looking. So say good-bye to your boyfriend and let’s go!”

“I’m sorry, Aiden. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

“Yeah.” He kissed me quickly. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

And with that I jumped out the window with Nick and darted out of his forest...