‹ Prequel: Pup Among the Big Dogs

Chasing the Moon

The Face of Jealousy

“I love you so much, Gabriella,” Aiden whispered in my ear as he smiled softly.

“I love you more,” I challenged, smiling back as I traced small circles on his bare chest. He caught my hand and kissed it quickly. I grinned like a moron.

“So... Tell me how good I was.” I rolled my eyes.

“Egotistical jerk,” I joked. “But you were amazing, okay?”

“Oh, I think I was more than amazing. I think that—”

My phone went off and I tuned him out as I reached for it. Why was Nicholas texting me? I opened the message and I’m sure I got even paler than I already was.

“You have to go!” I hissed, jumping out of bed and throwing his clothes at him.

“What? Why?” he asked, throwing off the covers and pulling me into his arms, kissing my neck. I had to remind myself of Nikki’s message.

“Aiden, no!” I barked, pushing him off. “Go! I’ll see you tomorrow!” He bit his lip, nodding and pulling on his pants as he jumped out the window. I had barely gotten my skirt and tank top on when Marshall barged in followed by Nick who had obviously been trying to stall him for me. “Uh, hi?”

“Hi,” Nick smiled, looking around for any evidence. He relaxed visibly.

“Marshall, to what do I owe the pleasure?” I muttered. He glared daggers at me.

“I wanted to see how your day was,” he stated, circling me closely. “But now I have other, more important questions.”

“You’ll have to ask late. I’m busy,” I growled.

“Obviously. After all, you just got done fucking someone!” he screamed, slamming me back carelessly into the wall. I cried out, but continued glaring at him nonetheless.

“Jealousy’s an ugly thing, isn’t it?” I gloated, smirking. He hissed at me.

“Nicholas, leave,” he growled through clenched teeth. He tried to protest, but my heart sank when he eventually left, closing the door behind him.

“What do you want?” I muttered, hand inching to the window slowly. If he lunged, I was jumping for it!

“Who did it?” he demanded. “Because it sure as Hell wasn’t me!”

I stared him in the eyes. I didn’t feel the least bit sorry. He looked ready to murder me, but I didn’t care at all.

“My boyfriend. He’s amazing; like my own little Romeo.” A smile found my face. “I love him.”

“I want a name, Gabriella. I’m going to kill him!”

I glowered yet again, picturing myself throwing him off a cliff and onto a jagged rock.

“Oh, get over it, crybaby.”

His face twisted up in anger and it was just then that I realized how stupid I truly was!